So I Guess I'll Be Needing A Good Lawyer...

lepgirl

I guess I'll be needing a good lawyer now...

I've never had any problems with the law or been in any kind of trouble. Heck, I have a good not so great but decent job, a clean background and even a securlty clearance.

Today, I find out I being accused of theft. That's right, theft. Theft of apparently a very large sum of money from a residence. Best of all, framed by my own close relative.

So, now I've been questioned by the police that claim my stories are conflicting and they have DNA evidence that to prove that I'm guilty. Now, I'm being asked to take a polygraph test to prove my innocence.

For someone that's never been in trouble with the law, quite frankly I'm pretty darn scared. I can't afford a lawyer right now and I'm in desperate need of legal advice.

Can anyone here offer any advice or a place to turn to for help?

Feel free to PM me.

tipsymcgee

DNA evidence for theft of money...what'd you do, pee in the box you stole it out of? Tell them you ain't talking and prove it.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I always thought if you couldn't afford a lawyer, one would be appointed for you...:confused:

some of those lawyers would lose a case even if the person is completely innocent and in another country when the crime was committed :whistle:

Mojo

I've never had any problems with the law or been in any kind of trouble. Heck, I have a good not so great but decent job, a clean background and even a securlty clearance.

Today, I find out I being accused of theft. That's right, theft. Theft of apparently a very large sum of money from a residence. Best of all, framed by my own close relative.

So, now I've been questioned by the police that claim my stories are conflicting and they have DNA evidence that to prove that I'm guilty. Now, I'm being asked to take a polygraph test to prove my innocence.

For someone that's never been in trouble with the law, quite frankly I'm pretty darn scared. I can't afford a lawyer right now and I'm in desperate need of legal advice.

Feel free to PM me.

#1 Def Leopard fan :roflmao: I bet the other fan argues with you for that position huh.

lovinmaryland

DNA evidence for theft of money...what'd you do, pee in the box you stole it out of? Tell them you ain't talking and prove it.

No kidding! Dont say ####! Stick to your story and dont let them twist and turn your words around to trip you up into changing your story.

If they have the evidence they say they do your ass would have been arrested already and them not just questioning you!

nobody really

I need a nap

really - seems odd that they have dna evidence just for theft, if you have no record, they would have to ask you for a swab. at least on csi miami they do. not sure if csi southern maryland does it

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

Feel free to PM me.

What's the evidence?

How many other people left DNA in the home?

Have you been invited there often?

Are there witnesses that you are a thief?

You don't have to talk to the police or take a polygraph. If and when they have a warrant for your arrest, then you will need a lawyer.

Oh....and if by chance you are guilty - fess up and take your lumps.

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim

Feel free to PM me.

Stop at your first mistake:

lepgirl

Apparently there saying that they have collected DNA evidence from the scene and that they have yet to send it away to be analyzed. I have no idea as to how this works...I told them there very well may be DNA in that location...I'm at the residence on a everyday basis. The person accusing had asked me to handle their financial responsibilities yet it was only a verbal agreement. I handled their finances on a regular basis and have done so for several years. Their argument is that the only two people that knew the whereabouts of the money was the two of us and since there were no signs of breaking and entering...You know where this is headed...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Apparently there saying that they have collected DNA evidence from the scene and that they have yet to send it away to be analyzed. I have no idea as to how this works...I told them there very well may be DNA in that location...I'm at the residence on a everyday basis. The person accusing had asked me to handle their financial responsibilities yet it was only a verbal agreement. I handled their finances on a regular basis and have done so for several years. Their argument is that the only two people that knew the whereabouts of the money was the two of us and since there were no signs of breaking and entering...You know where this is headed...

They're just trying to scare you into confessing. If you didn't take the money, they will have no evidence that you did so.

You should consider retaining a lawyer and let them deal with the cops. I'd also ask about suing my relative for causing me undue expenses and stress defending myself against their accusation.

nobody really

I need a nap
take the advice on here - if they say they found your dna, then they would have to get a sample from you. If you have a clearance, the only thing they already have on file is your fingerprints. not your dna.

lepgirl

Another thing that I don't understand...

Apparently, they have obtained copies of all of my financial activity. I'd like to know how they did this with no evidence and not notifying me beforehand. I would have been more than happy to provide the information along with copies of all of my bills and debt.

nobody really

I need a nap
Another thing that I don't understand...

Apparently, they have obtained copies of all of my financial activity. I'd like to know how they did this with no evidence and not notifying me beforehand. I would have been more than happy to provide the information along with copies of all of my bills and debt.

how old are you? how much money is supposedly missing? I didn't think they could pull all that information on you without a warrant or a release form. You aren't under arrest. dna? financial records? sounds like scare tactics.

lepgirl

take the advice on here - if they say they found your dna, then they would have to get a sample from you. If you have a clearance, the only thing they already have on file is your fingerprints. not your dna.

That's yet another concern...What if there are fingerprints of mine in the location that the money was originally missing from? Like I mentioned before, I was at this residence on nearly a daily basis and I'm sure as heck there are fingerprints of mine around.

Guess then they will obtain a search warrant for my home and destroy it looking for money that isn't there.