So I Guess I'll Be Needing A Good Lawyer...

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
Oh, I've been threatened on several occasions. I guess now it will be, If you don't confess, then I'm evicting you. I guess then, Oh, well...I'll deal with it.

Dumb question, but are you paying rent, and if so, why don't you move?

lepgirl

Dumb question, but are you paying rent, and if so, why don't you move?

No, don't pay rent. If I could afford to move, I sure as hell would have long time ago. Not much you can do on $30,000 a year income round here.

I do have a big inheritence coming very soon though...This will actually be my home building money. Hope to get the hell out of here soon!

my3dobies

hmmm..in an early post.(dated 12-06-08)..you asked about home builders...saying how you are going to put a large down payment down...makes my wonder!!!

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
Yes, I have to have fingerprints on file with the position that I currently hold.

Well now, since I cannot afford a lawyer someone please recommend where I can go for help and won't get screwed.

That's an interesting question, and I'm not so sure they can legally access those prints. Reason being, the military takes DNA of all members to ID you if you die. Even though they have it, no one can access that DNA to convict you for criminal purposes.

Example, say they have a rapist in the base housing area. They can't run the DNA of all service members assigned to the base to ID the rapist even though they have it.

sockgirl77

Oh, I've been threatened on several occasions. I guess now it will be, If you don't confess, then I'm evicting you. I guess then, Oh, well...I'll deal with it.

No, don't pay rent. If I could afford to move, I sure as hell would have long time ago. Not much you can do on $30,000 a year income round here.

I do have a big inheritence coming very soon though...This will actually be my home building money. Hope to get the hell out of here soon!

Maybe you should be evicted.

lepgirl

hmmm..in an early post.(dated 12-06-08)..you asked about home builders...saying how you are going to put a large down payment down...makes my wonder!!!

Yes, that's correct. My dad passed away last year and his estate is to go to settlement within the next 30 days. That's where the money for the downpayment is coming from. We were left several building lots also. This has never been a secret. It's been the plan since before he had passed away. He made it very clear what his wishes were for us to do with what we inherited.

jetmonkey

Ha ha, you are just like Sarah Silverman!

jetmonkey

Yes, that's correct. My dad passed away last year and his estate is to go to settlement within the next 30 days. That's where the money for the downpayment is coming from. We were left several building lots also. This has never been a secret. It's been the plan since before he had passed away. He made it very clear what his wishes were for us to do with what we inherited.

So is this relative trying to shake you down for your inheritance? Can they prove that they even had $10K in the house to start with? $10K is a suspiciously round number to have laying around. Has anyone else ever seen this money? Why don't you accuse her of stealing $15K from your place?

I am not a lawyer, but I try to watch Judge Judy ever day, so based on that expertise, I can tell you that if there is no witness or physical evidence that you are indeed the one that took the money, then mere speculation and assumption is not enough to convict you. But if you keep talking and in your confusion, you change your wording each time they can use that to say you keep changing your story and can use that as circumstancial evidence against you. Stop talking and go see a lawyer.

BoyGenius

Cyber Bully Victim
So is this relative trying to shake you down for your inheritance? Can they prove that they even had $10K in the house to start with? $10K is a suspiciously round number to have laying around. Has anyone else ever seen this money? Why don't you accuse her of stealing $15K from your place?

:smack:

Don't get the girl in any further trouble.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
.... They can't run the DNA of all service members assigned to the base to ID the rapist even though they have it.
...yet! The Democrats in the Congress want to change that little agreement with the Service members.

sockgirl77

For being trailer trash, you're awfully judgemental.

You'll be happy to hear that I do not live in a trailer anymore. Also just because one does or did live in a trailer does not make them trash. It makes them someone who lives or lived within their means. :yay:

lepgirl

Looks like, I make too much for help from the Legal Aid Bureau. Sucks, that it's going to cost me out the a** due to some jealous, controlling, mentally and emotionally abusive family member.