So I park next to the county cop at Charlotte Hall McDonalds tonight and he's

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
happyappygirl said:
the academy accepts you right up to about 38 or 40 now a days. they can always use good men (or women of course)! :biggrin:
Another reason to be happy to be older. :lmao: Mikey's over the limit.

Mikeinsmd

happyappygirl said:
the academy accepts you right up to about 38 or 40 now a days. they can always use good men (or women of course)! :biggrin:
1. I exceed the age requirements. :ohwell:
2. I refuse to take a pay cut. :razz:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Mikeinsmd said:
1. I exceed the age requirements. :ohwell:
2. I refuse to take a pay cut. :razz:
fair 'nuff :lol: MY sentiments EXACTLY.
I've always told him i could NEVER do what he does, it's just not IN me....i'm a WUSS. Plain and simple. I ain't afraid to say it either. :ohwell:
On the other hand, Rottncop's a pretty intimidating looking guy without a uniform and gun too :lol: I'm a pansy girlie-girl.

Mikeinsmd

Pandora said:
Mike,

When you think of all they do, yes, the starting salary is peanuts. Administrative Assistants make about that to start. :shrug:

It is a public servant job and it is what it is.
Where are admin assts. getting that kind of $$??

We hire temp agencies when we need admin. asst's. on job sites & pay the agencies $12-13.00/hour. We get decent assistants too. How does typing/filing justify starting pay of $17.00/hr with bene's???? :confused:

Mikeinsmd

happyappygirl said:
fair 'nuff :lol: MY sentiments EXACTLY.
I've always told him i could NEVER do what he does, it's just not IN me....i'm a WUSS. Plain and simple. I ain't afraid to say it either. :ohwell:
On the other hand, Rottncop's a pretty intimidating looking guy without a uniform and gun too :lol: I'm a pansy girlie-girl.
We're not gonna get into Rottcop's salary but sounds like he's been at it for awhile. I guarantee he make's 2-3 times that starting pay.

You cannot start any career making good money. You have to put in the time, gain the experience and tenure.

Geek

vraiblonde said:
I never ceases to amaze me that cops, military personnel and teachers are modestly paid, yet entertainers and athletes make multi-millions.

The people who contribute the most to society get paid the least.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
yeah yeah...and also why the pharmacies put the meds and scripts counter the SICK folks have to access at the BACK of the store and the ciggies right in front... :lol:

thetruediva

roxie said:
sitting in his car watching a movie on his laptop. Our tax dollars hard at work.

I say stop bashing the police as well. Why were you all up on his car to even notice what he was doing? Perhaps a training video? Ok, not! But I wouldn't want his job for the world.

Your probably one of those people who shop and trash retail stores. Walk a mile in the shoes and then judge.

Fenrir51

happyappygirl said:
Tell me...would YOU put your Azz on the line (when the criminals have higher gun power with life vest piercing bullets, than the cops) pulling over a car on a dark road, all by yourself for 17.00 an hour and benefits that still have huge deductibles?

News flash bullets 'proof' vests are only resistant to them for so many shots. Even if the bullet gets stopped it doesnt mean your gonig to survive the blunt trauma. Do you think the people with the higher gun power are more skilled at using it though? Where would they goto practice? A dark ally? lol.

Its a volunteer job and they know what they are getting into before they sign the papers.

vraiblonde said:
I never ceases to amaze me that cops, military personnel and teachers are modestly paid, yet entertainers and athletes make multi-millions.

Haha isnt that the truth.

thetruediva said:
Your probably one of those people who shop and trash retail stores. Walk a mile in the shoes and then judge.

I thought only teenage kids did that.

Pete

Repete
When I was in the Navy and stood security watch the Chief would hit me if he caught me watching a movie. :shrug:

Ponytail

roxie said:
sitting in his car watching a movie on his laptop. Our tax dollars hard at work.

Better there than out on the highway with a laser where it could cost me more than my tax dollars! :lol:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Fenrir51 said:
News flash bullets 'proof' vests are only resistant to them for so many shots. Even if the bullet gets stopped it doesnt mean your gonig to survive the blunt trauma. Do you think the people with the higher gun power are more skilled at using it though? Where would they goto practice? A dark ally? lol. Its a volunteer job and they know what they are getting into before they sign the papers.

I'm not real sure i'm getting your POINT.

Would YOU volunteer to wear that vest to help people you don't even know, and would prolly complain when you are working a SECONDARY employment, and maybe entering stats or doing a report on their car computers (becaue they're SO busy AT work going from call to call, they don't have time to fill in all the paperwork on the fellow who tried to run over the other fellow with his car, who owed him money), JUST so those same people or their relatives can have a hamburger at McDonald's and not worry about being shot?

geesh was that a run on sentence :lol:

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

maybe entering stats or doing a report on their car computers(because they're SO busy AT work going from call to call, thet dont have time to fill in all the paperwork on the fellow who tried to run over the other fellow with his car

:yeahthat:

Fenrir51

happyappygirl said:
I'm not real sure i'm getting your POINT.

Would YOU volunteer to wear that vest to help people you don't even know, and would prolly complain when you are working a SECONDARY employment, and maybe entering stats or doing a report on their car computers (becaue they're SO busy AT work going from call to call, they don't have time to fill in all the paperwork on the fellow who tried to run over the other fellow with his car, who owed him money), JUST so those same people or their relatives can have a hamburger at McDonald's and not worry about being shot?

geesh was that a run on sentence :lol:

Well im joining the Airforce rather then the police department. If all goes well at MEPS I may be leaving in May or June. Then probably half a year later or less depending on what job I get ill be out in the sand box.