Something wicked this way comes... (Joaquin)

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
That's right, because the 2-3 inches of rain and winds between 20-30 mph won't potentially cause any power outages.

Salvador isn't known for being the brightest bulb in the string.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That's right, because the 2-3 inches of rain and winds between 20-30 mph won't potentially cause any power outages.

*chuckle*. Yep. Power goes out down here on St. George's Island a lot..for a lot less of a reason.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Many models are still showing this could hit land and at this point, NOBODY can say for sure what it is going to do. It won't be until tonight when and if it turns that we will know what we are in for.....

We don't have to be hit with the eye of the storm to end up with a disaster. This is a category 4 storm. That is pretty damn bad and it shows no signs of slowing down at the moment.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Many models are still showing this could hit land and at this point, NOBODY can say for sure what it is going to do. It won't be until tonight when and if it turns that we will know what we are in for.....

We don't have to be hit with the eye of the storm to end up with a disaster. This is a category 4 storm. That is pretty damn bad and it shows no signs of slowing down at the moment.

You know, the trees next to my house are SO BIG that just part of 1 tree can level this tiny house. Makes me think I'd be better off elsewhere, except for the fact that this house has been here since 1950 and it hasn't been hit yet .... hmmmm. I will be worried if winds are going to be over 30 mph sustained. The gap between the house and the barn causes a serious wind tunnel that is pretty scary to listen to as the wind howls. I have the trench dug in front of the barn, and can only hope it's big enough to handle the flow of rain.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You know, the trees next to my house are SO BIG that just part of 1 tree can level this tiny house. Makes me think I'd be better off elsewhere, except for the fact that this house has been here since 1950 and it hasn't been hit yet ....

Well, maybe so, but...the tree is a heck of a lot bigger now than it was in 1950 and the house?..about the same size. :whistle:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Well, maybe so, but...the tree is a heck of a lot bigger now than it was in 1950 and the house?..about the same size. :whistle:

I seriously think this one huge oak tree is at least 100 years old. The guy who built this house said that oak tree was huge then :razz:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Well, aren't you just a ray of sunshine!

Yeah! Tell him! :smile: I'm waiting to hear who is having a Hurricane Party so I can debate my options. Having a belly full of wine and a good dinner may make the possible destruction of the storm seem not so important.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
:mad:

How's the Blazer doing?

Finally got it on the road and one day I get to Upper Marlboro (20 minutes up 301) and it cuts off and won't start. Did that to me 2 times in 1 week (2 tows home). The verdict by a few people was, sounds like some part is getting hot and shutting down (since after cooling off it would restart): replace the distributor cap and rotor and see if it happens again, if so maybe a module is bad. Those parts are on hand and need to be installed. Never did change the wheels back to 16's, didn't have the $$, one day? I looked up and on the roof above the windshield I see RUST !!!!!! :cds:

KDENISE977

I seriously think this one huge oak tree is at least 100 years old. The guy who built this house said that oak tree was huge then :razz:

On the edge of our property sat the oldest tree in Charles county (claimed the home estimator) and it has now... died/snapped in half from the wind and rain I am guessing

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It sounds like overnight it made a north turn and won't have any impact on our area.

We dodged a bullet. :yay: