St. Mary's Pigskin Football

SouthCountyMom

GhostWriter said:
Please check our website for registration dates and costs. - http://www.stmaryspigskinfootball.com
I have some questions...
1. I notice you dropped your prices around $50 per child...WOW have we've been ripped off all these years...So my question is, why did it take a new league to make your prices drop??????
2.The new league states that there is no concession nor fundraising. Re you still required to do all of that, if not your child would be kicked off like last year???
3.My last...Is there any hidden fees besides whats listed on your site??? example....mandatory fundraiser or buy out for $50 and concession duties.???
I'm not trying to argue, but I'm trying to figure how everything got a whole lot cheaper, or if there are hidden things.

GhostWriter

SouthCountyMom said:
I have some questions...
1. I notice you dropped your prices around $50 per child...WOW have we've been ripped off all these years...So my question is, why did it take a new league to make your prices drop??????
2.The new league states that there is no concession nor fundraising. Re you still required to do all of that, if not your child would be kicked off like last year???
3.My last...Is there any hidden fees besides whats listed on your site??? example....mandatory fundraiser or buy out for $50 and concession duties.???
I'm not trying to argue, but I'm trying to figure how everything got a whole lot cheaper, or if there are hidden things.

Everytime someone from Pigskin makes a post of this forum, people from South County/Pax River/??????? always argue about something. The prices for registration has not change for years and it's still the same cost as last year, it appears that the new league at $140.00 is ripping people off.

Yes the league still runs concessions and fundraisers, the concessions is a volunteer based operation, with Pop Warner the league is required to have atleast one fundraiser each season. The new league will keep having to raise their registration fees if they never have a fundraiser.

And yes you are trying to argue just like the rest of the new league everytime something is posted.

Last edited:

SouthCountyMom

GhostWriter said:
Everytime someone from Pigskin makes a post of this forum, people from South County/Pax River/??????? always argue about something. The prices for registration has not change for years and it's still the same cost as last year, it appears that the new league at $140.00 is ripping people off.

Yes the league still runs concessions and fundraisers, the concessions is a volunteer based operation, with Pop Warner the league is required to have atleast one fundraiser each season. The new league will keep having to raise their registration fees if they never have a fundraiser.

And yes you are trying to argue just like the rest of the new league everytime something is posted.
Most of us people from South County have not forgot all the negative things that were said about us and what happen to the Bronco team. Also, this is a public forum to ask questions and post comments. I recalled paying alot more last year..
I don't recall the new league arguing. All I recall is some parents being VERY UPSET by the way things were run by Pigskin. And who knows we might not like the new league. But I'm sure it can't be any worse than our experinces in the past few years.

smilin

BOXER NATION
The debate goes on and on....
Pigskin costs: $85 to $95 (depending on weight/age) + $10 (jersey) + $15 to $22 (one pizza kit out of the FIVE you are REQUIRED to sell) = $110 to $120 MINIMUM.
New league $140 = includes new jersey, no pizza orders or Buyout ($?), no concession stand, no raffle tickets, no more morons.
I suppose $20 - $30 more could be called a rip off. After all that could buy a case or two of beer.

Rachel

pixton
it sad when you bring up something so personal and you have no clue what my family was goinig through at the time. my oldest son was having his 3rd open heart bypass with difficulties!!!! chris had to take off work alot through that time. we had a 1 year old and i was pregnant at that time. we were very fortunate to have overcome those bad times. we have now better ourselves and have moved on. my husband has put alot of time into this new league and i am very proud of him. it is a shame you have to bring up something so personal to try to discourage people from joining the new league. for all the "ghetto south" central and north keep your head up we made it through hard times. i'm sure you can too!!!

now gloppy if you want to discuss football please give us a call. if you want to discuss personal stuff that is only for family and friends.

this will be my one and only comment. so i would at this time like to thank the people that support the new league. we're going to have a great year and more to come!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Negative Nancy

Pissy Biatch
Hey Gloppy but your real name in there and show us your DWI and other charges you had in the 90's and 2000's. :howdy:

Last edited by a moderator:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Deleted post

I just can't get over this post.
Is this a reason for me to be associated with Pigskin Football?
Unbelievable.

The post we were referring to has been deleted, for good reason, by the managers of this site/forum. I thank them for their good sense in trying to keep this site free and clear of idiots trying to use other people's misfortune for their own gain.

I have seen no one from the new league even approach this type of behavior in trying to set it up. If anything, they have been too patient with the name calling, misinformation and vicious personal attacks directed at them by proponents of the Pigskin Football League.

Thanks again Vraiblond.

Last edited:

smilin

BOXER NATION
It's great to see the mudslinging has finally stopped.
I think it's a great improvement in the pigskins league's credibility, having Pop Warner requirements met.
It's also great to see the popularity of the South County Football registration. Three divisions are almost filled.
Looks like the county is a winner after all the scat has fallen.

Vinny_DP said:
"Looks like the county is a winner after all the scat has fallen."

The county may be a winner but the parents are the ones paying for it. The registration fee is now $140, the actual winner is the league which will be making a fortune using public fields. Not only do they charge $140 but now the residents bear the burden of paying 70k per year for a youth sports administrator.

It can only lead to wonder what you consider winning.
What is the point of bringing this thread back up after almost a year?

smilin

BOXER NATION
It never ends.

smilin said:
The debate goes on and on....
Pigskin costs: $85 to $95 (depending on weight/age) + $10 (jersey) + $15 to $22 (one pizza kit out of the FIVE you are REQUIRED to sell) = $110 to $120 MINIMUM.
New league $140 = includes new jersey, no pizza orders or Buyout ($50.00?), no concession stand, no raffle tickets, no more morons.
I suppose $20 - $30 more could be called a rip off. After all, that could buy a case or two of beer.

Amen. It never ends.
I understand the new league had a schedule, August 15th last (1st) season.

Starlifter756

I talked with a couple of coaches that I have recently met and their opinion is that Calvert is "relatively good". What they said was that what made this league successful was Pigskins. They went over there because of the extremely bad environment that Pigskins had.

The good is that it was more friendly and there was a schedule. The bad is that it too regulated. You are told exactly where and when to practice; they were given 20 yards on a field to practice; they could not practice before 6 and the County called the coach if the practice ran 5 minutes past 8; they have a running game clock - I think they called it "production football" - a game every hour independent of penalties, injuries, or anything else that may happen in the game - one mentioned a 4th quarter that last 3 plays.

They came back to St. Mary's under SMYFL because Government controlling youth sports is too restrictive in space and time and that the coaches would get fired if they had two calls for a late practice.

I have personally been is both type of leagues (County run and private organization run) and I think private is much, much better. The reason is that the Government is not about sports, they are about revenue first - please DO NOT be confused or mislead about this!! Additionally, and I don't have the history on this, but EVERYONE I talk with have wondered why, if the county is so interested in the "WELL BEING" of the kids, why they didn't step in with the thousands of complaints about Pigskins.

Just as a footnote - we are very happy with SMYFL. We have had two practices now, the equipment is nice, the environment is nice and all activities leading up to today have been nice. Everyone is looking forward to the season.

Whoops, hit the wrong button. Found this from "roundabout" on anther thread and thought it was interesting. From my simple mind, why would the Government get into sports? I know they are in auto manufacturing, banking, Wall Street, and expanding their involvement into health care - I guess sports is a logical next step.

Tripleh20659

Whoops, hit the wrong button. Found this from "roundabout" on anther thread and thought it was interesting. From my simple mind, why would the Government get into sports? I know they are in auto manufacturing, banking, Wall Street, and expanding their involvement into health care - I guess sports is a logical next step.

I'm sure there will some type of Town Hall Meeting coming soon that you can go protest at!

smilin

BOXER NATION
I find it amazing that this thread is almost SIX years old and the problems always seems to come back.
Maybe that's why the county doesn't want to have anything to do with it.

Zguy28

I find it amazing that this thread is almost SIX years old and the problems always seems to come back.
Maybe that's why the county doesn't want to have anything to do with it.
I'm not sure what exactly that means?

I thought the County did want something to do with football?