St. Mary's Sheriff's race, who are you...

bad1032

This is ALL B.S, It dont matter who is in there, They are only as good as the people who do the work, Thats why its important to call the Sheriff and complain about some of the worthless people he has working there. If he dont know about it he sure cant fix it. As far as more officers in the drug unit, Wont happen, The calls for service has doubled in the past years, so you cant take people off the road and move them there, It takes over a year for a new deputy to get out on his own.
The testing process is there for a reason, alot of people apply for the opening as a police officer, at least 200 put in for it, by the time they weed them out they are down to less then 100, then the testing begins, you weed out half, then the back ground checks and polygraphs weed out another half, so you have maybe 10 from the 200. The promotion process is the same way you test for it, The last promotions have been from the top of the list, sorry cant help it no blacks or minoritites were in that group.
The reason alot of people left is that you can go 30 miles from here do the same job and be paid 10,000.00 more and have better benifits. As far as the drug problem in St Marys, its always been here. I to have many friends in the Sheriffs office and know these to be facts.

alex

JohnnyReb said:
That's very true. You do not have enough fingers and toes to count the Deputies and Correctional officers that have left during his term of office. Many went to Charles county, Calvert, or the Calvert Cliff's Nuclear Power Plants security team (Which pays VERY well)

I don't know who I am voting for yet, but I thought many left because of $$. They get paid more at the quote agencies than they do as a STM Deputy.

Zylack was campaigning at the commuter lot in Charlotte Hall at 4:15 this morning. Should I read a stereotype into the fact that he was handing out baggies w/ 2 doughnut holes in them? Sorry, but it takes fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies to buy my vote.

SamSpade

huntr1 said:
Zylack was campaigning at the commuter lot in Charlotte Hall at 4:15 this morning. Should I read a stereotype into the fact that he was handing out baggies w/ 2 doughnut holes in them? Sorry, but it takes fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies to buy my vote.

Thanks! I got one of those and forgot about it - I put it in my bag.

misslady67

Pete said:
It's alright :poorbaby: the big kid playground is a tough place.

Hey Pete...good morning :coffee: Thanks for the friendly debate yesterday :howdy: I'm looking into Cameron's campaign a little more...as long as Zylak doesn't win I think we all going to be just fine!

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
JohnnyReb said:
That's very true. You do not have enough fingers and toes to count the Deputies and Correctional officers that have left during his term of office. Many went to Charles county, Calvert, or the Calvert Cliff's Nuclear Power Plants security team (Which pays VERY well)

Hasn't that been fairly standard for the St. Marys Sherrifs Department? The pay is low so their's a high rate of turnover. People get their foot in the door by getting hired on in St. Marys, doing a couple years, then moving on to better paying departments. What does that have to do with who is sherrif???

Since we're talking law enforcement here, does anybody know who to contact for department stats? They have a pitifully small amount of information posted on the web.

Pete

Repete
misslady67 said:
Hey Pete...good morning :coffee: Thanks for the friendly debate yesterday :howdy: I'm looking into Cameron's campaign a little more...as long as Zylak doesn't win I think we all going to be just fine!
It was friendly until you accused me of being an uneducated racist because I asked you a question.

Well post a link. Lets discuss Cameron.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
huntr1 said:
Donuts? The ex got shafted then, he got a granola bar.

misslady67

Pete said:
It was friendly until you accused me of being an uneducated racist because I asked you a question.

Well post a link. Lets discuss Cameron.

I brought up all minorities and only brought up the NAACP because they were an agency that investigated Zylak. You kept bring up the race issue (look back on our posts). I'm just starting to learn about Cameron and don't have enough knowledge to debate or even begin to understand what he wants to do if he gets elected. What do you feel are his strong points?