St. Mary's Sheriff's race, who are you...

misslady67

Sharon said:
Here's YOUR education:

I can read.

Why'd you leave the last part out? :dork:

Let's go back to my original post..."If you think that the NAACP is only concerned for blacks...you're uneducated."

Pay attention :smack: I gave the link for a reason...they have MORE than one objective in their mission.

SAHRAB

This is fun right?
Sharon said:
Here's YOUR education:

I can read.

Why'd you leave the last part out? :dork:

Because that would then expose the NAACP's hypocrisy of supporting Racial Discrimination when its a policy they support (ie Affirmative Action)

misslady67

SAHRAB said:
Because that would then expose the NAACP's hypocrisy of supporting Racial Discrimination when its a policy they support (ie Affirmative Action)

Sounds like you need to start a new thread...that is NOT what this is about :buttkick:

Pete

Repete
misslady67 said:
I'm sooooo glad that we have different opinions. That means that we don't think alike :lmao: Again...you seem to be trying to make this a race issue and it's not :bigwhoop:
Actually you brought up race. I just asked you a question, then you called me uneducated and whiped out the NAACP.

misslady67 said:
This topic was discussed and both candidates had an opportunity to respond at the Q/A last week. I base MY opinion on THEIR responses to the questions. What about you?

You claim to have listened to Zylak and Somerville's answers to the "diversity" question at the forum. What exactly in Sommerville's "In 1978 we had 4 black officers, today we have 9 and no black females, but when I am elected I will hire more" answer was the clincher for you?

Sommerville said "black" when referring to hiring officers 6 times and only uttered the word "minority" 2 times. Are you still going to contend that it isn't a "black thing".

misslady67

Pete said:
Actually you brought up race. I just asked you a question, then you called me uneducated and whiped out the NAACP.

You claim to have listened to Zylak and Somerville's answers to the "diversity" question at the forum. What exactly in Sommerville's "In 1978 we had 4 black officers, today we have 9 and no black females, but when I am elected I will hire more" answer was the clincher for you?

Sommerville said "black" when referring to hiring officers 6 times and only uttered the word "minority" 2 times. Are you still going to contend that it isn't a "black thing".

I brought up ALL minorities. Maybe this is a race thing for you (obviously).

Pete

Repete
misslady67 said:
I brought up ALL minorities. Maybe this is a race thing for you (obviously).
Are you going to answer my question?

What exactly in Sommerville's "In 1978 we had 4 black officers, today we have 9 and no black females, but when I am elected I will hire more" answer was the clincher for you?

He didn't say anything other than "I will hire more." At least Zylak said they send out recruitment material to 250 minority colleges in an attempt to recruit. He also correctly defined "diversity".

Don't you go and try to paint me a racist. You are the one who brought up "lack of diversity" and made it sound like Sommerville is the cure. I dared question that and now I am a racist? Oh and if you are going to cite an organization that promotes equality the NAACP is not going to work for me. :eyebrow:

Pete

Repete
misslady67 said:
Let's go back to my original post..."If you think that the NAACP is only concerned for blacks...you're uneducated."
And if you think an organization that is called the National Organization for the Advancement of Colored People, has never had an Asian or Hispanic as a president or chairman, does not currently have equal representation of other minorities on it's 64 member board of directors has anything other than a cusrory interest in any non black minorities you are huffing glue.

misslady67

Pete said:
Are you going to answer my question?

He didn't say anything other than "I will hire more." At least Zylak said they send out recruitment material to 250 minority colleges in an attempt to recruit. He also correctly defined "diversity".

Don't you go and try to paint me a racist. You are the one who brought up "lack of diversity" and made it sound like Sommerville is the cure. I dared question that and now I am a racist? Oh and if you are going to cite an organization that promotes equality the NAACP is not going to work for me. :eyebrow:

ok...then you do what works for you :whistle:

misslady67

Pete said:
And if you think an organization that is called the National Organization for the Advancement of Colored People, has never had an Asian or Hispanic as a president or chairman, does not currently have equal representation of other minorities on it's 64 member board of directors has anything other than a cusrory interest in any non black minorities you are huffing glue.

You have gone so far OT you're boring me. :howdy: bye bye now