Stanley Cup Playoffs

Peter Forsberg

Wow. Flyers had the Penguins down 3-0 in the 2nd. In Philadelphia. In an elimination game. And lost 5-3 (en).

Edzo was 100% correct. Carcillo had no business accepting a fight challenge when up 3-0, with the Penguins clearly scrapping for anything to spark themselves. Talbot was that spark with the fight, and the Penguins caught fire.

Fleury was sensational at the end.
I'm still in shock.

Baz

This. ------------------>
I'm still in shock.

That is a rough way to get bounced.

I think Caps fans will soon see something similar, though not as dramatic.

Everyone gets geeked when a 3-1 series lead gets cut to 3-2. But needing 2 victories isn't good.

Peter Forsberg

That is a rough way to get bounced.

I think Caps fans will soon see something similar, though not as dramatic.

Everyone gets geeked when a 3-1 series lead gets cut to 3-2. But needing 2 victories isn't good.
Rangers coach is suspended for todays game!! That could be good or bad. Rangers might be fired up because of that.

Capitals need to play more physical if they want to win. Besides Bras and Ovie, they have a bunch of wussies that turn down physical play. I do hope Caps come back and win though.

Baz

Canes @ Bruins, Game 7.

Claude's going to need the full bucket for this one.

Go Canes!

Attachments

• claude.jpg
    claude.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 46

OldHillcrestGuy

Getting down to crunch time now less then 4 minutes to go, there is some hitting going on in this game.

Baz is proably wetting his pants watching this game.:killingme

Baz

Baz is proably wetting his pants watching this game.:killingme

You know the Boston fans did much worse than that after Walker scored in OT.

Great game! Carolina was playing with fire by taking all those penalties in the 2nd, but their PK got it done. It was a battle all game long.

On to Carolina vs. Pittsburgh. Should be another great series. Chicago vs. Detroit could be a classic, though I wonder how the young Blackhawks will stand up to Detroit's experience.

What a playoffs!!! :hot:

OldHillcrestGuy

Congrats on the Cane's big win. Im rooting for your Cane's to beat the Pens, but its going to be really hard even with your hot goalie, Caps had hot goalie but it didnt help. Pens have so much firepower. Who do have that can knock the $hit out of Cindy:smack: when he stands beside the net and gets those garbage goals.
I think the Red Wings will be too much for the young Blackhawks to handle.
I certainly dont want to see the same 2 teams in the finals this year as last, Wings and Pen's.

Baz

Congrats on the Cane's big win. Im rooting for your Cane's to beat the Pens, but its going to be really hard even with your hot goalie, Caps had hot goalie but it didnt help. Pens have so much firepower. Who do have that can knock the $hit out of Cindy:smack: when he stands beside the net and gets those garbage goals.
I think the Red Wings will be too much for the young Blackhawks to handle.
I certainly dont want to see the same 2 teams in the finals this year as last, Wings and Pen's.

Thanks.

Cam Ward's young, but certainly experienced, as his Stanley cup and Conn Smythe attest to. His consistency is better than Fleury's, but Fleury's very good when he's in a groove. Fleury's a terrible puck-handler though. Historically, Ward's played well against the Pens.

Both teams play an aggressive forechecking style, though the Pens seem a bit more consistently uptempo than the Canes' style. I figure Crosby and Malkin will get their goals, but if the Canes can limit the secondary scoring, they'll have a good chance. That'll be a tough task, as the Penguins come at you in waves with all four lines when they're on their game.

I'll take the Canes D over the Pens, but they have the edge on offense. If the Canes stay out of the box, that'll help. Of course the Pens' style often makes you chase them around (thus forcing penalties), so puck control is key.

I'm thinking this goes to game 7, and the Hurricanes are excellent in game sevens. Canes in 7, to meet up against Detroit again.

I'm so sick of Detroit.

Black-Francis

Thanks.

Cam Ward's young, but certainly experienced, as his Stanley cup and Conn Smythe attest to. His consistency is better than Fleury's, but Fleury's very good when he's in a groove. Fleury's a terrible puck-handler though. Historically, Ward's played well against the Pens.

Both teams play an aggressive forechecking style, though the Pens seem a bit more consistently uptempo than the Canes' style. I figure Crosby and Malkin will get their goals, but if the Canes can limit the secondary scoring, they'll have a good chance. That'll be a tough task, as the Penguins come at you in waves with all four lines when they're on their game.

I'll take the Canes D over the Pens, but they have the edge on offense. If the Canes stay out of the box, that'll help. Of course the Pens' style often makes you chase them around (thus forcing penalties), so puck control is key.

I'm thinking this goes to game 7, and the Hurricanes are excellent in game sevens. Canes in 7, to meet up against Detroit again.

I'm so sick of Detroit.

What was the regular season W/L when they played each other?

Baz

What was the regular season W/L when they played each other?

The Penguins won this year's series 2-1-1, but thier 2 victories were against our backup Leighton, not Ward. They last played during the last week of the regular season, with the Canes winning 3-2 in OT. It was the game that secured a playoff spot for Carolina.

It should be a very good series. Maybe not as entertaining (to some) as the Caps/Pens, but good nontheless.