Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I will not, I like paying him for his intelligent posts

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • I never read his crap anyway

Votes: 27 64.3%

• Total voters

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
So, forumite Nonno finally got on my last nerve yesterday. Yes, yes, I know he's been on some of yours for a while, but I finally had enough. In the process of becoming feed-up, the lightbulb went on. I guess some of you have already had that lightbulb moment.

It is my humble opinion, that everytime, you click a link in one of Nonno's posts, you are actually paying him. This is called stat tracking and you can do some searching on it for yourself. Basically, some idiot is paying him, everytime his links get clicked. That makes the clickees idiots as well.

I searched the forum rules, and there doesn't seem to be an actual rule against it. The closest I can find is
"Please do not advertise or solicit for your business in our forums. If you would like to advertise on Southern Maryland Online, please contact our sales team by using the Feedback Form."

So since I learn from my mistakes, I will be putting Nonno on ignore. I encourage you to do the same and to stop clicking his links. Perhaps, we can hurt his bottom line and he'll go elsewhere.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
So, forumite Nonno finally got on my last nerve yesterday. Yes, yes, I know he's been on some of yours for a while, but I finally had enough. In the process of becoming feed-up, the lightbulb went on. I guess some of you have already had that lightbulb moment.

It is my humble opinion, that everytime, you click a link in one of Nonno's posts, you are actually paying him. This is called stat tracking and you can do some searching on it for yourself. Basically, some idiot is paying him, everytime his links get clicked. That makes the clickees idiots as well.

I searched the forum rules, and there doesn't seem to be an actual rule against it. The closest I can find is
"Please do not advertise or solicit for your business in our forums. If you would like to advertise on Southern Maryland Online, please contact our sales team by using the Feedback Form."

So since I learn from my mistakes, I will be putting Nonno on ignore. I encourage you to do the same and to stop clicking his links. Perhaps, we can hurt his bottom line and he'll go elsewhere.

:popcorn:

wow!

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

How very, very interesting....hadn't thought of this one...(off to do a little research...:whistle:)

Beta84

They're out to get us
It wouldn't be surprising. He rarely offers any constructive thought, only links.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm okay with that. They're typically articles of interest - not always, but mostly - and we'd click on them anyway. If he can make a few cents off of it, good for him. I don't really consider that spamming or advertising.

We'll note that he also posts a lot of stupid articles that get absolutely no attention, which he obviously wouldn't get paid for because nobody cares enough to click.

I get 1/1000th of a cent every time someone follows one of my links to a court opinion. The U.S. Judicial Branch a couple years ago implemented an aggressive initiative to get more information about what it does into the hands of more Americans. It felt like it was being left out of too many conversations. This is also why we've seen all these activist judges making crazy rulings - controversy sells, or at least gets people talking.

I used the proceeds I had gotten from this program to play a hole of golf earlier this year. I had to walk it though. :ohwell:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I get 1/1000th of a cent every time someone follows one of my links to a court opinion. The U.S. Judicial Branch a couple years ago implemented an aggressive initiative to get more information about what it does into the hands of more Americans. It felt like it was being left out of too many conversations. This is also why we've seen all these activist judges making crazy rulings - controversy sells, or at least gets people talking.

I used the proceeds I had gotten from this program to play a hole of golf earlier this year. I had to walk it though. :ohwell:

I'd rather give you my click through money than Nonno. Your posts are thoughtful and insightful and show a level of understanding and intelligence and your links are non-biased and factual.

Nonno posts inane inaccurate drivel for links and doesn't deserve any money from a click through by me. Not to mention he doesn't share or provide any input to this forum other than quotes from the click through articles.

Again, as I stated this is my opinion, and one I thought I would share.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nonno posts inane inaccurate drivel for links and doesn't deserve any money from a click through by me. Not to mention he doesn't share or provide any input to this forum other than quotes from the click through articles.

Now, see, I view it differently. How are we supposed to know what the voting nutbaggery are thinking if Nonno doesn't make us aware? Who here reads HuffPo or Salon or any of those other Leftist kook sites? Nobody. But those people vote and have a large say in our government. So it behooves us to keep an eye on them.

Thank you, Nonno, for keeping us posted as to what's going on in the psych wards of America! :patriot:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Now, see, I view it differently. How are we supposed to know what the voting nutbaggery are thinking if Nonno doesn't make us aware? Who here reads HuffPo or Salon or any of those other Leftist kook sites? Nobody. But those people vote and have a large say in our government. So it behooves us to keep an eye on them.

Thank you, Nonno, for keeping us posted as to what's going on in the psych wards of America! :patriot:

Actually, if he was supporting his articles and responding and contributing, I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem. However, all he does is post link after link after link after link of drivel. I don't find that informative.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Atta girl!

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
You can copy the subject to your clipboard, open a new window and paste the subject into your favored search engine which will take you to various sources on the subject without using Nonno's link.
I doubt he gets paid for that.

I only have Lance on iggy but he's my bytch and always deletes his posts when I tell him.

Toxick

Splat
Actually, if he was supporting his articles and responding and contributing, I probably wouldn't have as much of a problem. However, all he does is post link after link after link after link of drivel. I don't find that informative.

Cha-Ching!!!

To me this place is a forum for discussion, debate, banter and arguments.

Not for laying down steamy turds, and then running off like a useless b!tch, giggling behind your hand and squeezing your engorged member while everyone else complains about the stink.

That kind of behavior certifies you as a Grade A chump.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Cha-Ching!!!

Not for laying down steamy turds, and then running off like a useless b!tch, giggling behind your hand and squeezing your engorged member while everyone else complains about the stink.

There is no way to make that sound like a good thing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To me this place is a forum for discussion, debate, banter and arguments.

And we discuss, debate, banter and argue over his posts. Just because he doesn't participate in them...who cares? We don't need him to have a good time. :party:

MMDad

Lem Putt
I look at where the link would take me, and decide if I want to even bother reading it. The substance is usually in his paste, so there's not much reason to read any more. There's no way I'll follow a link to Puffington, Crooksandliars, Mediamatters, MSNBC, or any of the other Soros funded pits that are only worthy of having Lem Putt do a little construction over.

If there actually appears to be something of substance, I'll go to the original source material and look for myself. For example, he likes to post outdated announcements about dead servicemembers in order to get hits to his sites. I refuse to click on his link, but I may go to defense.gov to verify any claims.

But I don't believe in putting people on iggy - it just seems so pathetic that some people can't force themselves not to click on something and read it, so they need the site to stop them. Kind of like the famous :SLAM: and ask for your account to be deleted - If you don't want to see the forums don't log in; if you don't want to read Nonno's junk, don't read it.

It's funny how many people here have no sympathy for drug addict, smokers, and alcoholics because they can just choose not to do those things, yet they can't stop reading posts by somebody who bugs them.

H

HouseCat

:killingme Well said. I don't even click on any of his stupid links...He makes me laugh from an anthropoligical point of view these days.