Stopped School Bus

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Shouldn't have been hard to miss..... One minute you are concerned about "having to be at work." so the bus needs to come get your child. Next minute, you say ""If I do get caught up in it, meh who cares. I'll just listen to my music a little longer."
So, which is it? You need to be at work on time OR you don't??
I think you need to go back and read my previous posts because you clearly missed some of my comments.

OccamsRazor

I think you need to go back and read my previous posts because you clearly missed some of my comments.
Nope. Just re-read every single post you made in this thread. Everything that pertains to the contradictions I am asserting you made and the questions I posed are quoted in the post. There is nothing to explain or answer those questions in any post you made so..... questions still stand.

Grumpy

beating a dead horse wtf GIF

OccamsRazor

I'm just "Considering" YOUR oft used question about the very subject. :sshrug:
Don't understand the point you are making with this post but, if you are wondering if I come on here while working then, the answer is yes. Sometimes I do. Probably one of the very few that are willing to admit it.
I tend not to worry about it too much considering the present population of this forum and their consistent presence throughout the workdays and beyond.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nope. Just re-read every single post you made in this thread. Everything that pertains to the contradictions I am asserting you made and the questions I posed are quoted in the post. There is nothing to explain or answer those questions in any post you made so..... questions still stand.
Obtuse much?

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Great mills road should not have school bus stops. Nor on St. Andrews Church road. Those stops need to be in neighborhoods.
House built in the 1960s, on St Andrews, not in a neighborhood. We walk 1/8 mile down the driveway to the bus stop, usually followed by dogs, chickens, and sometimes a cat. Would be 1 mile + to get to the nearest neighborhood. That would be quite a parade twice a day. On the almost non-existant shoulder of St Andrews.

The stop is less than a minute from lights on to lights off, probably less than 30 seconds.

Been bus stops all over this county, all main roads, since buses started running. If you want to change it, start attending some meetings.

Otherwise, STOP for the flashing lights.

kicking that soapbox out of my way

rio

Another reason NOT to have people who live on a major artery drive to a neighborhood for a bus stop- there are already a lot of people in the neighborhood to ride that bus, now let's add another 5 or so cars to that bust stop. Now that neighborhood street is so clogged the bus and neighbors can barely get thru the road. And yeah, if there is only one person at home to get the kid to the bus and they have 3 other kids, some in car seats, etc...that they now have to pack into the car and drive on the highway...

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Another reason NOT to have people who live on a major artery drive to a neighborhood for a bus stop- there are already a lot of people in the neighborhood to ride that bus, now let's add another 5 or so cars to that bust stop. Now that neighborhood street is so clogged the bus and neighbors can barely get thru the road. And yeah, if there is only one person at home to get the kid to the bus and they have 3 other kids, some in car seats, etc...that they now have to pack into the car and drive on the highway...
Excellent point!

OccamsRazor

And my argument to this is that these are all CHOICES that YOU made. YOU decided to live where it is inconvenient to get to a bus stop. YOU decided to be in a situation where you have 3 children to load up all by yourself.
Why does everyone else have to be inconvenienced because of YOUR choices?

OccamsRazor

When you're losing an argument, it has to be personal. Deflection.
I am really not looking for an argument. RoseRed made some contradictory statements in some of her(?) replies and I merely called them out. One moment she is saying she has to get to work. The next minute it is perfectly fine for her to have extra time to listen to music and have all the time in the world. My assertion is that the common link is both instance are convenient to HER.

OccamsRazor

Because that's how life works, in a free society.
Ok. Then, this should be the single response to 90% of the threads on this forum. Seeing as they are all comprised of someone complaining about an injustice, political disagreement, or gripe of some kind.
Somehow, when it comes to negatively impacting the life of whomever is making the argument, I don't think this simple answer will be good enough.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I am really not looking for an argument. RoseRed made some contradictory statements in some of her(?) replies and I merely called them out. One moment she is saying she has to get to work. The next minute it is perfectly fine for her to have extra time to listen to music and have all the time in the world. My assertion is that the common link is both instance are convenient to HER.
Not looking for an argument either, but what I read was that as a working single parent her child in grades K - 5 was with a caregiver for both before and after school. Then when the child was in 6th grade the bus was caught near her residence that had a nearby resident able to monitor the activity.

She then went on with a separate comment that when she is traversing and encounters "school bus mayhem" she chills out and listens to her radio and doesn't let it bother her as the mayhem has always been and will always be there.

So, as I am reading it, your assertion would be wrong.

SamSpade

Ok. Then, this should be the single response to 90% of the threads on this forum. Seeing as they are all comprised of someone complaining about an injustice, political disagreement, or gripe of some kind.
Somehow, when it comes to negatively impacting the life of whomever is making the argument, I don't think this simple answer will be good enough.
I don't always succeed - but I try to not make personal attacks, either directly, or indirectly. It's my personal belief that once you go that route, you might as well say openly that the other person is right, and you are wrong, because if you can't "win" with logic, reasonng and evidence, the Internet equivalent of FISTS is the playground solution.

But it doesn't mean that people that disagree with you cannot make their point at you, even if you don't like it.

A bit of an aside ---->

Ever hear of Godwin's Law? It's been around a long time, and everyone thinks it has to do with being called Hitler or a Nazi. It actually can be anything - Satan - Judas - whatever your religion says is the supreme evil - because of a pattern of argument that people who WON'T LET A STORY GO tend to fall into.

Failing to "win" an argument by ridiculously hoping the other person will BLINK and graciously acknowledge DEFEAT (something in all my years, I've almost never seen happen) they resort to name-calling. You'd be amazed at how often this happens, and it doesn't matter how inane the subject is - I've seen it for decades and it might be something as stupid as Picard vs. Kirk or Apple vs. Microsoft or UNIX vs. DOS or Soccer vs. Football - it's rooted in human capacity for peevishness. Since a war of insults must always be elevated - it eventually reaches "Nazi".

It's also why I tend to avoid LONG threads - most of the relevant argument has been made - and it's just name-calling after that, usually the same players, because they can't let stuff go.

It is usually my strong wish to NOT BE one of those players.

OccamsRazor

Not looking for an argument either, but what I read was that as a working single parent her child in grades K - 5 was with a caregiver for both before and after school. Then when the child was in 6th grade the bus was caught near her residence that had a nearby resident able to monitor the activity.

She then went on with a separate comment that when she is traversing and encounters "school bus mayhem" she chills out and listens to her radio and doesn't let it bother her as the mayhem has always been and will always be there.

So, as I am reading it, your assertion would be wrong.
Conveniently forgot the initial "I have to get to work" statement when justifying why the bus was needed so close to her home and not at a bus stop more friendly to road travelers.

OccamsRazor

I don't always succeed - but I try to not make personal attacks, either directly, or indirectly. It's my personal belief that once you go that route, you might as well say openly that the other person is right, and you are wrong, because if you can't "win" with logic, reasonng and evidence, the Internet equivalent of FISTS is the playground solution.

But it doesn't mean that people that disagree with you cannot make their point at you, even if you don't like it.

A bit of an aside ---->

Ever hear of Godwin's Law? It's been around a long time, and everyone thinks it has to do with being called Hitler or a Nazi. It actually can be anything - Satan - Judas - whatever your religion says is the supreme evil - because of a pattern of argument that people who WON'T LET A STORY GO tend to fall into.

Failing to "win" an argument by ridiculously hoping the other person will BLINK and graciously acknowledge DEFEAT (something in all my years, I've almost never seen happen) they resort to name-calling. You'd be amazed at how often this happens, and it doesn't matter how inane the subject is - I've seen it for decades and it might be something as stupid as Picard vs. Kirk or Apple vs. Microsoft or UNIX vs. DOS or Soccer vs. Football - it's rooted in human capacity for peevishness. Since a war of insults must always be elevated - it eventually reaches "Nazi".

It's also why I tend to avoid LONG threads - most of the relevant argument has been made - and it's just name-calling after that, usually the same players, because they can't let stuff go.

It is usually my strong wish to NOT BE one of those players.
Very good post!
Agree with the just about all of this.
If I have learned anything about this forum, it is that quite a lot of people like to drop turds and just walk away when either confronted or asked to clarify.