Stormy Fiasco

SamSpade

And you, Mrs. Mao, think how courts work is that the accused is prohibited from defending themselves?
It sure does seem that the gag orders serve one purpose - to keep the court of public opinion against Trump without hearing his version of events. It's not for naught this whole slew of items is nicknamed "lawfare".

I've seen this several times on local levels - and with people I knew personally - and you can easily poison the well when it comes to the media and press convincing the town that a man is - guilty of a crime - when no such thing is true. I've seen local establishments screwed because a well heeled larger establishment drained them dry by tying up their money in court - only to drop the case once they're broke.

Public figures get accused of stuff all the time - some of them may warrant attention, but we have seen COUNTLESS accusations against figures where the accuser gained notoriety - because the person they're accusing is the political enemy of the left.

StmarysCity79

Except he's got better, more important things to do right this minute. You know all those things that these trials are meant to interrupt.

Like what? The election isnt for 7 more months. What is this keeping him from?

Does he hold a lot of rallies M-F 9-5 when people would be at work anyway?

StmarysCity79

And you, Mrs. Mao, think how courts work is that the accused is prohibited from defending themselves?

Of course not. But he did get a gag order for threatening the judge and spreading false info about the judges daughter.

He is still free to say whatever else he wants regarding the case and will be allowed to present his defense.

Only idiots believe the nonsense he is spewing. Do you think they will have him literally gagged in court too?

StmarysCity79

It sure does seem that the gag orders serve one purpose - to keep the court of public opinion against Trump without hearing his version of events. It's not for naught this whole slew of items is nicknamed "lawfare".

I've seen this several times on local levels - and with people I knew personally - and you can easily poison the well when it comes to the media and press convincing the town that a man is - guilty of a crime - when no such thing is true. I've seen local establishments screwed because a well heeled larger establishment drained them dry by tying up their money in court - only to drop the case once they're broke.

Public figures get accused of stuff all the time - some of them may warrant attention, but we have seen COUNTLESS accusations against figures where the accuser gained notoriety - because the person they're accusing is the political enemy of the left.

You obviously don't understand a gag order. It doesn't keep him from presenting a defense in court. Merely from attacking people related to the case online.

StmarysCity79

They already have, you ****ing idiot. JC, the very least you could do is make a tiny effort to know WTF you're talking about.

Really they literally gagged him to keep him from speaking?

And he didn't chew through it or leave it streaked with orange clown makeup?

I think you don't understand the word literally.

I think what you are thinking of is a gag order but you are too angry to see straight or read straight

"A gag order (also known as a gagging order or suppression order) is an order, typically a legal order by a court or government, restricting information or comment from being made public or passed onto any unauthorized third party."