Supplies

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Essential supplies, never go bad.
Tried to find a coupe of things, got skunked. 3 gallon containers of peanut oil seemed to have disappeared. Buying it in one gallon is too 'spensive. Need some for the two turkeys I bought to deep fry. I'll keep looking, if I can get out without being arrested....

Went to Lowes to get mulch. I use Cypress mulch, needed 25 bags, teller says only 21 in stock. Ok, I'll take it. Get on line in the yard for pickup. Show the guy the ticket. Sorry, no more Cypress mulch, sold out. Arg... Back inside to get a refund.

And Lowes was crazy busy.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Went to Lowes to get mulch. I use Cypress mulch, needed 25 bags, teller says only 21 in stock. Ok, I'll take it. Get on line in the yard for pickup. Show the guy the ticket. Sorry, no more Cypress mulch, sold out. Arg... Back inside to get a refund.

And Lowes was crazy busy.
I saw what you had to do there.

It was so bad, I did not get the break I'm supposed to under my medical restrictions.

Actually, none of the cashiers or customer service desk folks got their break, and only half hour for lunch.

I did negotiate with the manager on duty to leave early.

I saw what you had to do there.

It was so bad, I did not get the break I'm supposed to under my medical restrictions.

Actually, none of the cashiers or customer service desk folks got their break, and only half hour for lunch.

I did negotiate with the manager on duty to leave early.
On the better side, it should be far less busy tomorrow.

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I stopped by dollar general in St. Leonard and scored TP. They were stocking their shelves. Eggs, they were out.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Eggs and milk are the two things I've got coming out of my ears due to a miscommunication between oldest son and I. :lol:
My LW makes some AH-MAZING breakfast casseroles that she bakes up then refrigerates. She'll either do them in a 9x9 corning ware/pyrex dish or silicone muffin pans. The 9x9 one usually takes a 9-12 eggs.

Last edited:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My LW makes some AH-MAZING breakfast casseroles that she bakes up then refrigerates. She'll either do them in a 9x9 corning ware/pyrex dish or silicone muffin pans. The 9x9 one usually takes a 9-12 eggs.
Yes I also do a lot of breakfast casseroles and they do take a lot of eggs.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Note for any who get stuff at Lowe's.
We are now closing at 7 PM 7 days a week, as of today and supposed to try going to curbside pickup for internet and telephone orders.
Also, as a co-worker told me, deputies were in the store several times today to try and emphasize limiting the number of customers in the building and social dysfunction...umm...distancing.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Lowe's is now limiting the number of customers in the store at any time to no more than 175.

Also, a dedicated curbside pick up area is to be put into play tomorrow.

Bulky bagged items, like mulch, are blocked from ordering online.
However, by the side gate loading area, we do have a hut where you can drive up, pay for such products (plastic money only) and be loaded.

PeoplesElbow

Lowe's is now limiting the number of customers in the store at any time to no more than 175.

Also, a dedicated curbside pick up area is to be put into play tomorrow.

Bulky bagged items, like mulch, are blocked from ordering online.
However, by the side gate loading area, we do have a hut where you can drive up, pay for such products (plastic money only) and be loaded.
How often have 175 been exceeded in the last couple weeks? I really can't get a handle on what 175 in the store would feel like.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
How often have 175 been exceeded in the last couple weeks? I really can't get a handle on what 175 in the store would feel like.
I'd venture to guess, that has been exceeded quite a lot, especially on the day Governor Hogan's stay in place order was to take effect at 8 PM.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The curbside pickup area did not get set, and as traffic was slower, stopped counting today.

General Lee

And who is gonna keep count and enforce it?

I'm all for it but no one will keep track. Having all these rules in place makes ZERO sense when crowds of people can go to all kinds of stores ALL day long.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I officially ran out of paper towels this weekend. :ohwell: And my TP still hasn't been delivered yet. Each bathroom is down to one roll. :yikes: