tasty new restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nightlife

I visited the teariffic cafe today and I was really impressed. I got a coconut iced tea, it was delicious. We also got a passionfruit iced tea, very good.The steamed dumplings were excellent. also, you have to try the korean beef with kimchee, very good. They have a long list of teas served hot or cold, from jasmine to black tea to some specialy stuff I have'nt heard of. everything was excellent. I was really impressed! The place is to the left of marshall's and famous footwear, kind of hidden. But don't all rush over there at once because I want the quiet atmospherte and great food all to myself.

Nattie_Bo

We discovered Teariffic last Friday and are VERY impressed! My wife ordered so I'm not sure what we had by name but everything was fantastic. I didn't even know there was anything around on that side of the building...

ynot

Chefs American Grill hater Loves Tearrific Cafe -

Owner Maybe?

08-28-2008, 12:47 AM #1 (permalink)
nightlife

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My family and I ate at the new restaurant in San Souci, Chef's American Bistro and we got really sick. On Saturday I decided to take the wife and kids over there since we had not eaten yet. I thought that maybe some of the food looked a little strange and tasted a little strange, but realized something was wrong a couple of hours later we were all experiencing stomach pain and vomiting. We had to take a trip to the emergency room where we were diagnosed with food poisoning.Very scary, you have been warned.

DuffMan

I visited the teariffic cafe today and I was really impressed. I got a coconut iced tea, it was delicious. We also got a passionfruit iced tea, very good.The steamed dumplings were excellent. also, you have to try the korean beef with kimchee, very good. They have a long list of teas served hot or cold, from jasmine to black tea to some specialy stuff I have'nt heard of. everything was excellent. I was really impressed! The place is to the left of marshall's and famous footwear, kind of hidden. But don't all rush over there at once because I want the quiet atmospherte and great food all to myself.

Don't worry I won't rush on over! You can have it all to yourself.

libby

I've stopped in for smoothies a couple of times, and have enjoyed them; although I can't say they are better than anyone else's smoothies. However, we sent Saturday for the dim sum and some entrees and LOVED it! We enjoyed every scrumptious bite, and the people were soo nice, too.
There is no question that I will be going back there as often as I can. I hope others do, too, I'd hate to see them go out of business, the location stinks, IMHO.

willie

A week ago you and your family were hospitalized with food poisoning and now you're out testing Korean stuff. Something stinks here and it isn't the food.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Owner Maybe?

Gee, ya think?

Personally, I wasn't impressed with Teariffic. The food was merely so-so and took forever to come out. The menu is extremely limited, and with Thai Inter right there, I can't see any reason why I would go to Teariffic.

nana

Nana

maybe i missed it but where is this

nightlife

maybe i missed it but where is this
It is on the far left side of marshalls and famous foot wear in san souci. I would have never known it was there if I had'nt gotten a coupon in the val-pak for buy one entree get one half off. I enjoyed the coconut milk tea, exotic. I want to go back and try some more of their teas. It is very cute in there, nice for a cozy meal or a quick drink.

nightlife

some people................

I notice that a lot of people on here are very presumtious and rude. SOMETIMES WHEN YOU ASSUME, YOU MAKE AN ASS OUT OF YOURSELF.

GetFitBeHealthy

I love teariffic. Great food, great smoothies... the people that work there are very friendly. I have nothing but nice things to say about it!:drool:

W

Wenchy

Gee, ya think?

Personally, I wasn't impressed with Teariffic. The food was merely so-so and took forever to come out. The menu is extremely limited, and with Thai Inter right there, I can't see any reason why I would go to Teariffic.

Did you get the Korean beef w/kimchi? I have a hankering for it and I can't get it at Thai Inter.

Appletini

I wouldn't discredit nightlife for saying Chef's American Bistro is a bad place to eat. I have heard from multiple sources that the food is terrible, service not so good and I know first hand that the chef is more than curt and rude.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Did you get the Korean beef w/kimchi? I have a hankering for it and I can't get it at Thai Inter.

I had a chicken something and several appetizers (the idea being that I can get two meals out of it and taste a lot of different things.) I mean, it wasn't bad or anything, just nothing to write home about. If someone said, hey, meet me at the Teariffic for lunch, I'd say okay. But it would never be my suggestion.

W

Wenchy

I wouldn't discredit nightlife for saying Chef's American Bistro is a bad place to eat. I have heard from multiple sources that the food is terrible, service not so good and I know first hand that the chef is more than curt and rude.

:lmao: The food was wonderful; Richard (our waiter) was attentive and informative, and the chef smiled and then waved to me.

:lmao: The food was wonderful; Richard (our waiter) was attentive and informative, and the chef smiled and then waved to me.

You were probably taking advantage of that "cute factor"......

:lmao: I have a friend, really cute, and she is always amazed when people treat her special. She is just now, at age 45, beginning to understand the concept of the "cute factor" and what it can get for her.