Votes: 41 58.6%
  • Yes I have a tattoo and I regret it

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • No tattoo, not for me

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
So say you got a tattoo at some point in your life… Do you ever regret it and wish you didn’t?

I am ink-less and I feel like if I decide to get one I might regret it at some point. Seems like a pretty okay idea at this juncture… but 20 years from now.. ehhh.. Input? Experiences?

So say you got a tattoo at some point in your life… Do you ever regret it and wish you didn’t?

I am ink-less and I feel like if I decide to get one I might regret it at some point. Seems like a pretty okay idea at this juncture… but 20 years from now.. ehhh.. Input? Experiences?

I've yet to see a tattoo on anyone that looks good 20 years later.

onebdzee

off the shelf

The orginial one that I got is a little over 20 years old....I've had it touched up to bring out the color again(too much tanning)....but, it still looks as if I got it yesterday

When you get a tattoo, you have to first picture it on your body....then picture it on your moms body....if it still looks ok...get it

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Mine would look good if I'd go get it recolored. It's too faded and looks all trashy now.

But I have no regrets. However, I also didn't get some guy's name, a gang sign, drug reference or some other goofy thing that I'd grow out of.

K

kris31280

Before I get a tattoo, I think long and hard about the design. I wait at least a year from the time I have the design idea in mind before I ever ink it on to my body, and I make sure that the design means something that will still be important to me years from the time I have it inked on.

That being said, I have 5 tattoos.

Furthermore, I feel that my tattoos are art, and therefore I do not allow them to become faded or discolored. If I notice any fade or discoloration I immediately go in to have them retouched.

Not everyone takes tattoos as seriously as I do. I just didn't want to end up the 80 year old grandma who had wrinkly saggy tattoos which meant nothing.

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
Before I get a tattoo, I think long and hard about the design. I wait at least a year from the time I have the design idea in mind before I ever ink it on to my body, and I make sure that the design means something that will still be important to me years from the time I have it inked on.

That being said, I have 5 tattoos.

Furthermore, I feel that my tattoos are art, and therefore I do not allow them to become faded or discolored. If I notice any fade or discoloration I immediately go in to have them retouched.

Not everyone takes tattoos as seriously as I do. I just didn't want to end up the 80 year old grandma who had wrinkly saggy tattoos which meant nothing.

wow FIVE.. I am having trouble thinking of one thing that means enough to me to wear for a lifetime.. Probably answered my own indecision.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Input? Experiences?

1. No names
2. Nothing that glorifies anything remotely illegal
3. Nothing obscene.
4. No monkey ass on your bellybutton or legs on either side of your armpit hair
5. Sunscreen will keep it from fading

The first thing my Dad said when he saw mine was "If you rob a bank, you now have an identifying mark." :lol:

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
wow FIVE.. I am having trouble thinking of one thing that means enough to me to wear for a lifetime.. Probably answered my own indecision.

See, that's the key: getting a tattoo that means something to you. Mine is a heart with an eighth note through it like an arrow - about the size of a quarter on my left shoulder blade. I wouldn't have gotten a rose vine around my ankle or barbed wire around my bicep because those don't mean anything.

oldman

Lobster Land
Got one many years ago when I was a strapping young man. In the Navy and on a ship so got an eagle on my upper arm. It was a little bigger than I thought it was going to be but at the time it fit my muscled body. I don't regret getting it although there have been a few times that I didn't want to display it. Now, 44 years later I've lost weight and muscle and it looks more like a faded parrot. Given the same circumstances I'd do it again, otherwise I probably wouldn't have one.

Geek

Mine would look good if I'd go get it recolored. It's too faded and looks all trashy now.

But I have no regrets. However, I also didn't get some guy's name, a gang sign, drug reference or some other goofy thing that I'd grow out of.

I would have never guessed :lmao:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad

Attachments

• monkey.jpg
    monkey.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 119
K

kris31280

Tattoo 1: Ankh with a red rose. The stem of the rose completes the stem of the ankh, symbolizing that life is not complete without love. This is a belief I hold to be very true for me, and that love is not just romantic love, but also the love of family and friends. It is a constant reminder to myself that I cannot be an island, because my life would be incomplete.

Tattoo 2: Wiccan symbol of power with a wiccan cross. I identify strongly with wiccan principles and the principles of nature based religions (Native American traditions, for example). I always knew I wanted a cross tattooed on me, and the cross which made the most sense to me was one representing the elements of earth, air, fire, and water.

Tattoo 3: My pisces symbol. I am a pisces, and strongly carry traits typically associated with them. My best friend has the matching tattoo, so the tattoo has a double meaning, and has become our "friendship" tattoo.

Tattoo 4: Probably the one that means the most to me, it is my butterfly. Butterflies represent freedom, beauty, grace, independence, growth, change, and fragility. These are all traits I feel I possess, which is probably why I'm a collector of butterfly jewelry and furnishings.

Tattoo 5: My son's name. The only name I'd ever get tattooed on my body is that of a child, because children are forever and no lover comes with that guarentee. When my son is older, should he choose, he can have artwork added to it.

Christy

b*tch rocket
I plan on having my tattoo lasered off someday. I hate it. Not enough to really obsess about, most of the time I forget I even have it, but I would prefer to be tattoo free.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I have had a tattoo for about 9 years now. I always swore I wouldn't get a man's name tattooed on me but one night DH and I went into Underground and I walked out with his name on me. We had only been dating a year. He also walked out with my name on him. He has a couple tats.. one he added to when my mom passed away. They shared the same birthday and he had a Scorpion on his back. He added her name and some words to it in memory of her. She always wanted a Scorpion tat and never got one.

Do I regret it? No.
Would I get another? NO
Did it hurt? HELL YES

I bet my ex regrets his tat... he had a big heart with flowers and my name in the middle. Now my name has XXXXX through it :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
CRoyal, THAT is an example of what NOT to get. :lmao:

:yeahthat: OMFG, how is THAT going to look when they're 20 years older? :killingme

I have no ink but have considered it and have been pressured on occasion to get one. It would be very small, personal and hidden if I ever do decide to get it. :lol:

chemommy25

2 tattoos
one on right hip is of a hibiscus/lily.
hibiscus meaning consumed with love..lily because they are my favorite flower and the kind of flower i want at my wedding one day.
Other tattoo is my son's name. with a sparrow on both sides of it because sparrows represents finding your true love, and my son is my true love. sparrows also are known to keep you safe. that is why i have a sparrow on both sides of my sons name on my back.

I love both of my tattoos, and i dont regret them one bit.