Tebow!!!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
No win today for the Tebows. Except for the 1st quarter, the Pats played very good, disciplined defense the rest of the way, and really put a few good licks on Tebow and roughed him up a bit.

He is still a load to bring down, when you can get hands on him, that is.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...the Pats played very good, disciplined defense the rest of the way...
is.

That's not what I saw. Absent the back to back fumbles, NE doesn't win the game and Denver sets rushing records. With the fumbles and subsequent scores, they were able to break Denver's momentum and force them out of their comfort zone, running, play action, and make Tebow throw the ball. :shrug:

The Pats are horrible on defense. They make some plays here and there and prevent some scores but, that's against mediocre teams, like the Skins. Add to that more and more injuries and they are going to have score like a pinball machine once playoffs get here. I mean, it's what they do but, minus those two plays, the fumbles, it's either a close game or Bronco's win.

:buddies:

Baz

This. ------------------>
That's not what I saw. Absent the back to back fumbles, NE doesn't win the game and Denver sets rushing records. With the fumbles and subsequent scores, they were able to break Denver's momentum and force them out of their comfort zone, running, play action, and make Tebow throw the ball. :shrug:

The Pats are horrible on defense. They make some plays here and there and prevent some scores but, that's against mediocre teams, like the Skins. Add to that more and more injuries and they are going to have score like a pinball machine once playoffs get here. I mean, it's what they do but, minus those two plays, the fumbles, it's either a close game or Bronco's win.

:lol:

Except for the fumbles. And the Patriots offense. Sorry, but I always laugh at the "Well, except for the things that decide a football game......." excuses.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Except for the fumbles. And the Patriots offense. Sorry, but I always laugh at the "Well, except for the things that decide a football game......." excuses.

No, I hear you and yeah, 'if this, if that' but, IF they didn't fumble, they were destroying them. I mean, it shows how limited Denver is while showing if they can play their game..

:shrug:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
No, I hear you and yeah, 'if this, if that' but, IF they didn't fumble, they were destroying them. I mean, it shows how limited Denver is while showing if they can play their game..

Doesn't matter. Like I said after the game last night, except for the horrible, by the Pats own admission, 1st quarter and one lightning drive by Tebow in the 4th, the Pats D essentially shut down Denver completely. Their defense gives up a lot of yards, but has this AFC-leading tendency to take the ball away from the other team with regularity.

Every team has limitations in one aspect of the game, at least.

Except for the 34 points given up by Ravens D last night......

Except for the Charger D dominating the Ravens offense last night....

And, oh, except for those pesky turnovers by Baltimore last night....

I'm sure they have no limitations, eh?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Doesn't matter. Like I said after the game last night, except for the horrible, by the Pats own admission, 1st quarter and one lightning drive by Tebow in the 4th, the Pats D essentially shut down Denver completely. Their defense gives up a lot of yards, but has this AFC-leading tendency to take the ball away from the other team with regularity.

Every team has limitations in one aspect of the game, at least.

Except for the 34 points given up by Ravens D last night......

Except for the Charger D dominating the Ravens offense last night....

And, oh, except for those pesky turnovers by Baltimore last night....

I'm sure they have no limitations, eh?

Huh?

Beta84

They're out to get us
Byt for 9 out of 10 teams that wouldn't have been good enough field position to even attempt a.field goal. Normally 40-45 yards is considered ok.distance for am attempt, but 59?

Basically he didn't do his job and get them in good field position, but the kicker saved their assess.
While 59 sounds far, don't forget that he's kicking the extra long ones in Denver. The ball goes further there. And it's the NFL, if there are a bunch of college kickers who can kick 50+ then the NFL needs to do a better job of finding those guys. It's mind-boggling how a team can have a crummy kicker like Gano, when there are 20 kickers a year in college doing better.

The momentum killers hurt, but the Broncos coaching staff shouldn't have veered from the gameplan. Shame on them. And their defense collapsed. If you're a defense/running team and you give up a ton of points, you're not winning.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Tebow fatigue..I'm betting that on the 2012 In Out list that Tebow will be an 'out'

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The momentum killers hurt, but the Broncos coaching staff shouldn't have veered from the gameplan. Shame on them. And their defense collapsed. If you're a defense/running team and you give up a ton of points, you're not winning.

It's tough to not panic after those back to back fumbles and scores. Plus, can we blame them for starting to think the kid is just gonna find a way?

As for the D collapse, that is one of the things we fans tend to kinda lose sight of, the relationship between the score and how a defense performs. Once NE gets up on you, you are in trouble because of all the weapons and offensive creativity they have. Add to that, Denver's defense was never in charge anyway.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Maybe Tebow watched this and lost his confidence :lol:

Dumb skit. The only reason Tebow is getting on anyones nerves is that there will always be people seeking to be offended. The kid goes out of his way to talk about team, team, team. We're seeing it on the sidelines when he has no idea cameras are about. He does it in interviews. So, he mentions his faith. Seems pretty balanced to me.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Why?

Man, a full season of starting, a full off season. I'd love to be Denver right now.

I just don't think he is a QB that can lead a team to a Superbowl. As defenses get to know him, he will be shut down.

No need to worry, Larry, you need to remember I wrote an English Comp paper in the late 70s saying how that guy Theisman would never be more than a 2nd rate qb..

thurley42

HY;FR
Dumb skit. The only reason Tebow is getting on anyones nerves is that there will always be people seeking to be offended. The kid goes out of his way to talk about team, team, team. We're seeing it on the sidelines when he has no idea cameras are about. He does it in interviews. So, he mentions his faith. Seems pretty balanced to me.

I thought it was hilarious. Comedy is always an over exaggeration of reality. They did get the whole thing about praising the kicker right. I don't care what altitude you are kicking at, making 50 yard plus field goals in high pressure situations are huge!

Beta84

They're out to get us

Yeah, people try to find flaw with him and just want to criticize. All I know is he's a good guy that tries his hardest, puts the team first, and wants to help people. He gets way too much scrutiny and too many insults for no good reason. Haters gotta hate!

By the way, I thought this was a good piece on Tebow: NFL.com news: Tebow's day not ruined by high-profile loss to Patriots

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I just don't think he is a QB that can lead a team to a Superbowl. As defenses get to know him, he will be shut down.

No need to worry, Larry, you need to remember I wrote an English Comp paper in the late 70s saying how that guy Theisman would never be more than a 2nd rate qb..

Dilfer. Grossman. Delhomme. Morrall. Morton (twice, two different teams) Ferragamo, Woodley, Eason, Hostetler, O'Donnell, Plunkett, Chandler and Kilmer.

Granted, I can't name very many elite 'NFL quarterbacks' that haven't even gone let alone win (Rivers) but, what is 'an NFL quarterback'?

Joe T is an interesting name because he's got that 'winner' thing about him, too. Granted, Joe would kneel down and pray to himself but, other than that, they have the will in common.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I thought it was hilarious. Comedy is always an over exaggeration of reality. They did get the whole thing about praising the kicker right. I don't care what altitude you are kicking at, making 50 yard plus field goals in high pressure situations are huge!

If you say so. It's becoming not a gimme but, a pretty high chance of making these last few years. There isn't a guy in the league who doesn't have the leg. Plus, all he's gotta do is stroke it. Tebow and the rest of the team had to make some plays to get the guy a shot. :shrug:

thurley42

HY;FR
If you say so. It's becoming not a gimme but, a pretty high chance of making these last few years. There isn't a guy in the league who doesn't have the leg. Plus, all he's gotta do is stroke it. Tebow and the rest of the team had to make some plays to get the guy a shot. :shrug:

Getting a kicker in position to make a 59 yarder to win is just barely doing your job. And if it was that easy, the Cowboys would have a couple more wins this year.