Tell me it is not true..

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
:bawl: RIP Yogi...

And from what I understand, he doesn't have any family. After the place he was living in burnt down someone allowed him to live in a camper on their property.

I would also like to help out to make sure he has a proper burial.

:frown:

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
He's B-A-A-A-C-K! :howdy:

So sad to hear. I had a great convo with him at McKay's this past fall. Hard as hell to understand what he was saying, but I believe he was a vet of both WWII and Korea.

:yeahthat:

I was told a few years back that he was a POW and while in captivity he had his tounge cut off? (reason he was hard to understand)

So sad, I spoke with him when I would see him at the Burchmart, such a sweet old man :frown:

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I just saw him on Monday walking down the side of the road at night and had a bad feeling. Cars always pass on the shoulder when they are not suppose to. 102.9 said he was walking in the middle of the road when he was hit but that seems like something he wouldnt do.

He was a patient at our office and he would tell war stories all the time. You couldnt understand everything he was saying but he was very passionate about his stories. I believe his daughter use to drive him to his appts but I may be mistaken.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I just saw him on Monday walking down the side of the road at night and had a bad feeling. Cars always pass on the shoulder when they are not suppose to. 102.9 said he was walking in the middle of the road when he was hit but that seems like something he wouldnt do.

He was a patient at our office and he would tell war stories all the time. You couldnt understand everything he was saying but he was very passionate about his stories. I believe his daughter use to drive him to his appts but I may be mistaken.

you are so luck to have know him..... :huggy:

I hear all the stories about him... and know I have missed out now. :frown:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Damn :frown: I always worried about him out there.

Please post the name of the account when its opened. I don't have much but I want to contribute.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Really a shame that all this information is coming out after his death....Sad that people didn't know more about him while he was living and something could have been done for him....He sure did a lot for all of us....I used to see him all the time and I would chuckle to myself and say that old man must be tough...Makes me wish I had of stopped and gave him some food or drink or even some old clothes....I bet he would have appreciated it...RIP Yogi

I remember when he used to drive his really cool looking turquoise Ford Bronco around the area. Spoke to him a number of times and was a very friendly guy.

violamom74

RIP Lawnmower Man

I saw him about 5:15 at the corner of Hollywood and 235. Almost hit him myself, he was wearing a dark blue jacket and dark pants. I commented to my daughter that I could barely see him and that he should be careful. Poor guy! I saw him EVERYDAY, sometimes more than once. Even saw him down at Lowe's with his trusty mower... :cds:

sunflower

Loving My Life...
Apparently that's all he ever did.

Whenever I would see him he would be on the "side" of the road.... Unless he's crossing he never walked in the road all the years I've seen him... I really hope he wasn't hit while walking on the side of the road..

RIP Yogi:buddies:

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
Whenever I would see him he would be on the "side" of the road.... Unless he's crossing he never walked in the road all the years I've seen him... I really hope he wasn't hit while walking on the side of the road..

RIP Yogi:buddies:

I am interested to see what the press release states.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
Really a shame that all this information is coming out after his death....Sad that people didn't know more about him while he was living and something could have been done for him....He sure did a lot for all of us....I used to see him all the time and I would chuckle to myself and say that old man must be tough...Makes me wish I had of stopped and gave him some food or drink or even some old clothes....I bet he would have appreciated it...RIP Yogi

From what I understand, the family that owned the property that he lived on helped out as much as they could. I believe there were ppl that would also stop and give him food, water, etc...when at my grandmothers, he would always stop and pick some of the walnuts from out of the yard. I remember meeting him years ago when he had his Bronco, while working at Aldridge Ford...once he couldn't afford to fix the bronco he started driving around a bobcat....I just saw him a few months back on St. Andrews driving it.

He was such a sweet old man, and seems to have been through hell while here on earth...I only hope that he passed instantly and felt no pain and is now in Heaven and at peace....

mitzi

Also they were taken in a distance. Hell they could have gotten right up on the incident and got photos of the blood and all. It could be worse than what you see in those pictures, just remember that. :smoochy:

Good point. I guess I just posted on the first thought I had when I saw the pictures.