Tell me it is not true..

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE
Yogi was a great old man, with a plethora of amazing stories of WWII. I always saw him and talked to him when he was at McKay's. So sad that his long hard life had to end like this. Those of us that knew him and saw him often know that he was not in the middle of the road unless he was crossing it at the time, that was not something he would ever do. (But, have to protect the cops from being charged with vehicular homicide somehow.) He doesn't have any family other than his good friends. I'm sure there will be a way to donate for his funeral/cremation costs. I know I will donate to it, he was a vet and a staple in the Hollywood community. You didn't live in Hollywood for long without seeing or getting to know who he was. RIP Yogi, you and your lawn mower will be missed very much.

idiganthro

Yogi was a great old man, with a plethora of amazing stories of WWII. I always saw him and talked to him when he was at McKay's. So sad that his long hard life had to end like this. Those of us that knew him and saw him often know that he was not in the middle of the road unless he was crossing it at the time, that was not something he would ever do. (But, have to protect the cops from being charged with vehicular homicide somehow.) He doesn't have any family other than his good friends. I'm sure there will be a way to donate for his funeral/cremation costs. I know I will donate to it, he was a vet and a staple in the Hollywood community. You didn't live in Hollywood for long without seeing or getting to know who he was. RIP Yogi, you and your lawn mower will be missed very much.

To bad it will take tons of paperwork and time for the VA to help.

sockgirl77

Apparently that's all he ever did.
I lived in Hollywood for a many years. Not once did I ever see him in the middle of the road. He was always walking on the side. He was a sweet man. I've heard many stories about him over the years. Him and Spit 'em Up have always been the famous characters in Hollywood.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
Him and Spit 'em Up have always been the famous characters in Hollywood.

:yeahthat:

I've known Spit since I was a little girl, used to be scared to death of him....a fews years later I was cooking him breakfast every morning when I worked at the Early Bird :lol: ...both very sweet men & so very sad that this happened to Yogi.... :frown:

quailridge

I'm sorry....I know this is about Mr. Beard (Yogi) and my prayers go out to him but....."Spit "Em Up"? Please.....do tell.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I lived in Hollywood for a many years. Not once did I ever see him in the middle of the road. He was always walking on the side. He was a sweet man. I've heard many stories about him over the years. Him and Spit 'em Up have always been the famous characters in Hollywood.

There was also the little person who used to ride his bike all over. If I remember correctly, he drowned a few years ago down at Point Lookout.

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
Others have seen him walking in the road, swaying drunk. It was fairly common behavior.

As many times as I have observed Yogi in his travels, I have never seen him "walking in the road, swaying drunk. I've never smelled liquor/beer on him when I've talked to him on several different occasions either...but people are people and they will talk, that, unfortunately, is St. Marys Co for ya.

frogman123

Agreed, lived in hollywood for 23 years and never once did i see him in the middle of the road or drunk. I talked to him many times, and maybe he was "swaying" because he was hmm, 87 y/o... just an idea...

sunflower

Loving My Life...
As many times as I have observed Yogi in his travels, I have never seen him "walking in the road, swaying drunk. I've never smelled liquor/beer on him when I've talked to him on several different occasions either...but people are people and they will talk, that, unfortunately, is St. Marys Co for ya.
:yeahthat: