Tell me, was I that wrong in my response?

bcp

In My Opinion
So here I was today at this little business type lunch that was set up for like type business concerns as mine, sort of a meet and greet share ideas type of thing.
These two guys come up, dressed in suits and began talking to me and my business (non gay) partner.

after a few moments of conversation I did introduce my business partner as such, they one of the two introduced his partner,,,,, as his WIFE!!! :killingme

So, was it wrong of me to laugh and assume that it was a joke? they both seemed to get rather pissed at me and just walked away..

I just assumed that the other guy was the accountant and held the company purse strings, I had no clue that they were actually bumping uglies.

Oh well,, I guess they are not interested in my business thoughts.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
bcp said:
So here I was today at this little business type lunch that was set up for like type business concerns as mine, sort of a meet and greet share ideas type of thing.
These two guys come up, dressed in suits and began talking to me and my business (non gay) partner.

after a few moments of conversation I did introduce my business partner as such, they one of the two introduced his partner,,,,, as his WIFE!!! :killingme

So, was it wrong of me to laugh and assume that it was a joke? they both seemed to get rather pissed at me and just walked away..

I just assumed that the other guy was the accountant and held the company purse strings, I had no clue that they were actually bumping uglies.

You got to be careful these days about things like this. I worked in an ER and I do not know how many times I would ask a man how old his daughter was and it was his wife. If they are that easily offended you would probably not want to do business with them anyway.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
bcp said:

I have a better one than that......I had a man call the ER once and told me had a problem, he liked to act like a little baby. I laughed hysterically and gave him directions to come, the whole time thinking it was some kid playing games. Imagine to my shock and horror 30 minutes later a grown man came in naked, except wearing an adult diaper, and carrying a baby rattle. :shocking:

bcp

In My Opinion
CMC122 said:
:yeahthat:

Are you really sure it was a "man":really:
well, it sounded like one, dressed like one, and had a mustache,,,

ok, after thinking about my mother in law, maybe the mustache is not the best indicator of sexual status, but everything else indicated that it was a man.

CMC122

Go Braves!
bcp said:
well, it sounded like one, dressed like one, and had a mustache,,,

ok, after thinking about my mother in law, maybe the mustache is not the best indicator of sexual status, but everything else indicated that it was a man.
Still can't be sure:lmao:

You would think they would announce each other as life partners or something:shrug:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I think it's going be awhile before many of us won't do a double-take when we hear that situation.

MMDad

Lem Putt
harleygirl said:
You got to be careful these days about things like this. I worked in an ER and I do not know how many times I would ask a man how old his daughter was and it was his wife. If they are that easily offended you would probably not want to do business with them anyway.

If you were in Canada, your response would not have been appropriate, but since you are in a place where a wife is the female in a marraige, no problem.

Anyone who advertises their sexual orientation in a business setting is wrong. That goes for wolf whistles, bragging about bagging your secretary, or telling everyone that you smoke man meat.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
bcp said:
You don't want his business, he'a a liar if he's claiming a same sex marriage in the U.S.

camily

Peace
harleygirl said:
I have a better one than that......I had a man call the ER once and told me had a problem, he liked to act like a little baby. I laughed hysterically and gave him directions to come, the whole time thinking it was some kid playing games. Imagine to my shock and horror 30 minutes later a grown man came in naked, except wearing an adult diaper, and carrying a baby rattle. :shocking:
Sorry, my husband was off his meds, and I couldn't afford a babysitter.

V

Vixen

bcp said:

First, I would have laughed because I've never known gay men to refer to their partner as a "wife." A "life long partner" maybe but never a "wife."

MMDad

Lem Putt
harleygirl said:

Tell everyone about how you changed me.. I mean him!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
harleygirl said:
So he came to the ER because he was mentally ill??? :faint:

I have gay clients who will introduce me to their "partner" and I never know if this is their business partner (as in, I will be doing business with this person as well) or if it's their smoochy partner. There should be a better word for one's SO than "partner" - it's too confusing.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
vraiblonde said:
So he came to the ER because he was mentally ill??? :faint:

I have gay clients who will introduce me to their "partner" and I never know if this is their business partner (as in, I will be doing business with this person as well) or if it's their smoochy partner. There should be a better word for one's SO than "partner" - it's too confusing.
Quoted from MMdad:

"Anyone who advertises their sexual orientation in a business setting is wrong. That goes for wolf whistles, bragging about bagging your secretary, or telling everyone that you smoke man meat."

So why, or for what possible reason, should the relationship between the businessmen/women even be broached in a professional meeting?

Seems unwarranted, unless there's something else afoot.

amishstalker

Enjoying the ride!!!!
Penn said:
Quoted from MMdad:

"Anyone who advertises their sexual orientation in a business setting is wrong. That goes for wolf whistles, bragging about bagging your secretary, or telling everyone that you smoke man meat."

So why, or for what possible reason, should the relationship between the businessmen/women even be broached in a professional meeting?

Seems unwarranted, unless there's something else afoot.

i agree, sexual orientation in a business setting is wrong. And he was clearly stating his, when he introduced his "wife"

Now me, I could not let it go at that, I would have asked....Are you serious!
and I would have chuckled just like you did.

amishstalker

Enjoying the ride!!!!
appyday said:
Does this also apply to people that have strange sexual fantices...say maybe someone that you know...stalked Amish??

:razz:

well as a matter of fact I think it does. Nothing like a little amish bottie. You know those men are stong like ox, they can lift ya up and spin ya around with one hand I bet

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Penn said:
I tend to be more friendly than formal with my clients, so we chit chat a bit. It wouldn't be out of line or unusual for a client to say, "This is my partner" and mean that this person is their SO, just like saying "this is my husband/wife". I just wish there was a clearer word so I'd know whether I should add this person to the billing address or not.