Tesla

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I think what would change a lot of people's minds is make the packs easily swappable and you lease the pack so people don't worry about buying a $10k battery for an otherwise fine vehicle. Imagine exchanges like with propane tanks at highway rest stops, there is the quick refill many stick with gas for.
To be honest, not sure why they didn't do that to start with. Interchangeable packs make a lot of sense.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I think what would change a lot of people's minds is make the packs easily swappable and you lease the pack so people don't worry about buying a $10k battery for an otherwise fine vehicle. Imagine exchanges like with propane tanks at highway rest stops, there is the quick refill many stick with gas for.
Now that sounds like a great idea. :yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
To be honest, not sure why they didn't do that to start with. Interchangeable packs make a lot of sense.
They did try that early on, but, at least here in America, folks really dont like the idea of the single most valuable part of their car being not theirs. And then you add in the staggering logistical nightmare of pack storage and movement, how many spare packs you keep where, and the square footage to store them, and the manpower for the stations, and the upkeep of the swapping machines, and I don't blame anyone for not pursuing that.

PeoplesElbow

They did try that early on, but, at least here in America, folks really dont like the idea of the single most valuable part of their car being not theirs. And then you add in the staggering logistical nightmare of pack storage and movement, how many spare packs you keep where, and the square footage to store them, and the manpower for the stations, and the upkeep of the swapping machines, and I don't blame anyone for not pursuing that.

I think people would if the price of the car was lowered by that amount.

Everything eventually is going to be a subscription eventually anyway.

The most expensive part of the car already is not theirs ( the right to repair )