Tesla

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
LG is taking a big hit right now from different sources, all claiming bad manufacturing and absolving themselves for implementation.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Electric cars are easy. Until you try to build them and sell them. Last I read Chevy was losing anywhere from 7 to 10,000 a car on the bolt. And that number has no connection to recall costs
I’m sure the feds are making sure it’s still profitable.

glhs837

Power with Control
I’m sure the feds are making sure it’s still profitable.
Nope, remember the incentive was consumer side, a tax credit. It lowered the price you paid by giving you a tax break. And GM, like Tesla, has sold over the 200,000 units that cap that incentive.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, Giga Berlin ready to go live, like Austin will for the Model Y in a couple three months. This pic shows all the stamped metal in the body of the car. Note the lack of any structural stuff. The entire bottom end is composed of the structural battery pack, which is the "floorpan" to which the seats and other interior things get mounted, and front and rear cast aluminum subframes. The less stamped metal you need, the fewer gargantuan stamping machines you need, and the fewer robots to weld all of that, and the fewer issues with alignment of things.

Reactions: TPD

glhs837

Power with Control
Damn, look whos onboard.

I'll certainly pay the difference on business trips out of pocket.