Texas bans safest and most common abortion procedure after 13 weeks

This_person

Would a 13 week old fetus survive outside the womb ? No. So it's not a child or or anything other than a fetus.

I'm sorry - are you suggesting one must be able to survive unaided in an environment we're not designed to survive in the definition of what makes us human? Are you saying what science calls a human is somehow subhuman?

This_person

If I may ...

I have never understood this anti-abortion thing. Why do people care so much about something that has no direct bearing upon themselves? So what if a woman wants to have an abortion, for whatever reason? If there was no agreement, in any stage of the relationship, between a man and a woman, as for wanting a child, and she gets pregnant and decides for an abortion, so what? Really? Why do so many people stick their hoity-toity myopic life views, religious or otherwise, in another person's life? I just don't get it. And don't care.

If you knew children were being sucked into blenders, that wouldn't bother you? It bothers me, like any other murder. Humans deserve better treatment than that. We're not talking about someone who has been convicted of a heinous crime and are being killed humanely as a consequence of their actions, we're talking about babies being ground up because it's more convenient for the mother. Well, at least 90+% of abortions, anyway.

This_person

Flippant??? No not at all, I'm realistic.. who cares how someone gets pregnant, its not anybody's business but that woman.
You can't Legislate morality...

We do with murder already, this is just a particular type of murder.

We do with rape. I mean, "I can't see how it is any of my business if a woman gets raped. If you're not the one being raped, what business is it of yours? I just don't care." That is exactly the same as saying it is none of my business that a baby is being killed.

This_person

I get this - and it seems to me that there's got to be some give on the concept somewhere.

You're familiar with the Laffer curve right? It's a simple idea - at one end of the curve - 0% taxation - and you get no revenue.
At the other end - maximum taxation (not necessarily 100% but the point at which people will REFUSE to work if you take away enough of their money )- and you get no money either.

The OPTIMAL point then, is the inflection point - the point where revenue stops going up and starts going back down again.
You could invoke Rolle's Theorem - it has to happen.

Same said here - if it's not "life" at conception - but we agree it IS life even a day or two before birth - then it happens SOMETIME in between.
It has to. That's really plain logic.

NEITHER side wants to budge on this. I *cannot* agree it happens at *birth*, because birth is a somewhat arbitrary event - I myself was born two weeks early.
Was I not human for those two weeks, because my scheduled departure date was later? It's clearly before but if this point is conceded then abortion supporters would have
negotiate on the matter, and they don't want that at all - there have been cases argued that a child doesn't have a right to life until it LEAVES THE HOSPITAL.

I'm good with the Plan B pill. Pretty much anything beyond that - no.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Same said here - if it's not "life" at conception - but we agree it IS life even a day or two before birth - then it happens SOMETIME in between.
It has to. That's really plain logic.

:buddies:

what is life and what is person hood .......

black dog

Free America
Perhaps - but - with the exception of children with severe special needs - and sadly, children of some minorities - there's a HUGE demand for children for childless couples in this country, and demand far exceeds supply.
Couple that with people waiting longer for raising families, and that is a demand that is very likely to increase in the future.

There is a demand for white infants and babies, so many couples don't want to go through the States process of 3 months to over a year to jump through the hoops just to be approved to be a adoptive family and then get a child through the court system.
So many go overseas and pay cash to expedite getting a white child.
There's plenty of kids here, just not the type of kids that the mainstream are looking for.
If for some reason abortions were outlawed again in the US within a short time period we again would have massive orphanages in every county of America with infants and babies being cared for by the State that no one would want..
Just like it was when most of us were children.
It's bull$hit to even think or say there would be a overwhelming amount of adoptive family a to adopt all the children that would be in the system..

This_person

I would suggest that you read " Roe ".....

We do know that the SCOTUS has never had a bad decision affecting many, many lives. Plessy v. Ferguson, of course, still stands as the basis of how we treat school children, and Kelo was just outstanding law.

black dog

Free America
We do with murder already, this is just a particular type of murder.

We do with rape. I mean, "I can't see how it is any of my business if a woman gets raped. If you're not the one being raped, what business is it of yours? I just don't care." That is exactly the same as saying it is none of my business that a baby is being killed.

I'm good with the Plan B pill. Pretty much anything beyond that - no.

That's just a little hypocritical,,, all of this is just feelings that you have..
You don't make laws with feelings, you just don't.
Does it happen? Yes,,, but it never should.

This_person

That's just a little hypocritical,,, all of this is just feelings that you have..
You don't make laws with feelings, you just don't.
Does it happen? Yes,,, but it never should.

how is it hypocritical? Plan B doesn't end a pregnancy, it stops it from happening.

black dog

Free America
You care to answer?

It makes no difference to me, that should be apparent by now.
You anti's constantly ask questions the same stupid questions that try to make others believe what you believe..
A micro dot, tadpole, fetus .. whatever.. it's hers to do what she wants to do with it.
It's not the daddys, minister, priest, Christian clinic or anybody's else's business.
I don't care about if it's the day after pill or a partial birth abortion the day before nature's delivery date..
What a woman does with her body and health needs are no business of anyone but her.

This_person

It makes no difference to me, that should be apparent by now.
You anti's constantly ask questions the same stupid questions that try to make others believe what you believe..
A micro dot, tadpole, fetus .. whatever.. it's hers to do what she wants to do with it.
It's not the daddys, minister, priest, Christian clinic or anybody's else's business.
I don't care about if it's the day after pill or a partial birth abortion the day before nature's delivery date..
What a woman does with her body and health needs are no business of anyone but her.

Same with rape?

Toxick

Splat
Do you always call fetuses children? That's a very odd colloquialism

It's not really a colloquialism. It's just easier to contemplate clogging drains with the mangled flesh of a "fetus" rather than a "child".

I'm actually kinda surprised that most pro-abortion people don't reduce the value of unborn offspring even further, by referring to a fetus as a parasite. It fits all the criteria.

SamSpade

There is a demand for white infants and babies, so many couples don't want to go through the States process of 3 months to over a year to jump through the hoops just to be approved to be a adoptive family and then get a child through the court system.
So many go overseas and pay cash to expedite getting a white child.

Or say, four or five years to adopt a Chinese pre-schooler with special needs.
Or almost two years to adopt a Ethiopian toddler.
AND spend tens of thousands when a domestic adoption could be close to *free*.

Have you ever actually adopted a child or are you talking out your ass?
Other than Ukraine - please name for me the countries with white children. Most of the available foreign children are not white.

We adopted from abroad because we are too old for babies, and unsure about adopting children removed from their home.
We were scared off by too many sad stories of actual friends who had adoptions disrupted by the courts.

There's plenty of kids here, just not the type of kids that the mainstream are looking for.

Yes there are - MOST of them are much older children who have been *removed* from their parents.
OR kids in foster care whose birth parents do not wish to relinquish parental rights.
OR -- it goes on.

Healthy babies - and yes, healthy white babies but I'll get to that - are in such high demand that almost all of them are placed BEFORE THE CHILD IS BORN.
The demand is so high, the birthmother typically CHOOSES the new parents - and the current pattern in vogue is, she maintains rights to stay in touch with the child for many states.
(For us, this was a stopper - we did not want a birthmother dropping in on the child we were raising. A foreign adoption eliminates that).
While it is true that white people will typically choose a white child - they don't always - and agencies would prefer to place black or Native American or Latino children with
families similar to their own, if possible - there's just less demand for these children from these families. It would be great if black or Latino or Native American couples did this,
but there just isn't the demand there.

I do believe there's no QUESTION that if more of these children who are aborted were placed up for adoption, a LOT of them would be swiftly placed.
There are enough people to do that. We met a few couples in Ethiopia who were adopting children who were HIV positive - it was not certain they would survive.
I think that takes a special kind of adoptive parent to adopt a child who might not grow up. But there are a lot of people like that.

black dog

Free America
how is it hypocritical? Plan B doesn't end a pregnancy, it stops it from happening.

Allrighty,,, here's my meek knowledge of pregnancy with my high school education.
A good swimming sperm can reach the egg in as little as 30 minutes up to 72 hours, the average sperm lives 48 to 72 hours.

Now heres a little Diddy off the web that holds up your comfort factor with using Plan B.

The morning-after pill will not work if you're already pregnant. The morning-after pill, also known as emergency contraception (EC) helps prevent pregnancy; medication abortion terminates pregnancy. EC is effective when started within 120 hours (five days) of unprotected sex. The sooner it's started, the better.

Now I'm not a higher educated man, but I would tend to go with, Plan B starts a woman's monthly lunar cycle to flush away the egg....
Now if a sperm has reached the egg certainly within the first.... Let's just say 6 hours I would tend to go with that " Magical Thing " that happens when a sperm enters a egg has already happened.
So since that has already happened ....and the now a fertilized egg gets discharged,,,,

What do you think we should call it????????? I know what I call it.

Unless I'm all wrong..

It's called Marketing... To make your side of the fence comfortable with using it..

Here's a little more ...
.After you've taken plan B®, you should get your next period at the expected time, or a few days early or late. Note that you may experience spotting a few days after taking plan B®. While you're waiting for your next period, abstain from having intercourse or make sure you use a contraceptive.

So what do we call this spotting????

Yep.. a period..The Red Devil of Death.....

Last edited:

SamSpade

It's called Marketing... To make your side of the fence comfortable with using it....

Or it's called eliminating a blastocyst if you're not one of those who believes in "personhood" beginning at conception.

Your argument has no value if such is the case.