Thanksgiving 2012 Meal Planning

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Soooo......whatcha making? What recipes are you using? Doing anything different?

Currently my husband is mentally planning our Thanksgiving meal. With all his comments of "oohh I want this" and "oooohhhh I want that" , my eyes have been glazing over and thinking to myself "just what all are you expecting me to cook?" :lol:

As we all know, it's a fine balance between time management, cost and burners on the stove.

Tomboy38

Different

We are doing something really different. Usually the kids and grandkids and all come for dinner this year they will go hungry We are going to Dallas to see the ball game on thanksgiving day
:buddies:

islandgrl

I'll be at my Grandparents like I am every year & I will make whatever my Grandmother ask me to. I've seen some awesome stuff on pinterest I'd love to try.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
picked up a turkey breast yesterday to cook on my rotisserie. Trying to figure out how to wrap it in bacon.

Roman

We are doing something really different. Usually the kids and grandkids and all come for dinner this year they will go hungry We are going to Dallas to see the ball game on thanksgiving day
:buddies:
That sounds like a plan! We are going to our Daughter's House this year. I am making the Ham, and Home-Made Macaroni & Cheese. She'll make the Bird, and other stuff.

luvmygdaughters

Going to my daughters this year. I'm making the dressing and sweet potato casserole and bringing stuffed ham. She's making the bird, gravy, greenbeans and pecan pie. My other daughter is making mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Cant wait. :drool:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
This is the first year that I'll be hosting Thanksgiving dinner. I'm equal parts excited and terrified. :lol:

luvmygdaughters

This is the first year that I'll be hosting Thanksgiving dinner. I'm equal parts excited and terrified. :lol:

You'll do just fine. Just make sure you have plenty of clean up help while you're cooking and, this is the most important advice I can give...plenty of wine on hand. The amount should be determined by how many relatives and in-laws will be attending. :whistle:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
You'll do just fine. Just make sure you have plenty of clean up help while you're cooking and, this is the most important advice I can give...plenty of wine on hand. The amount should be determined by how many relatives and in-laws will be attending. :whistle:

Best advice ever.

I also try to do as much as possible in advance. All the desserts and many sides. That way I'm not swamped the day of. And it never hurts to pre make something and then use your microwave to bring it up to temperature prior to serving.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser

Best advice ever.

I also try to do as much as possible in advance. All the desserts and many sides. That way I'm not swamped the day of. And it never hurts to pre make something and then use your microwave to bring it up to temperature prior to serving.
Thanks! My mom doesn't like to cook so she's already offered to do the dishes. I plan on making most of the food the day before so I can just pop it in the oven to warm it up. My aunt and a couple cousins offered to come over early and help so I should be good. I'm going to have a detailed plan on paper and cross things off as I go. We'll have around 20 people here so that's where the terrified feeling comes in. :lol: I love my family but they are boisterous as hell. :lmao:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Thanks! My mom doesn't like to cook so she's already offered to do the dishes. I plan on making most of the food the day before so I can just pop it in the oven to warm it up. My aunt and a couple cousins offered to come over early and help so I should be good. I'm going to have a detailed plan on paper and cross things off as I go. We'll have around 20 people here so that's where the terrified feeling comes in. :lol: I love my family but they are boisterous as hell. :lmao:

Do not try anything new.

Turkey dinner ala kwillia-style

1 1/2 pounds of thick sliced turkey from the deli
two boxed worth of cooked Stove top stuffing
1 or 2 jars Heinz turkey gravy

Place some stuffing to the edge of a slice of turkey and roll up until stuffing is enclosed in meat.

Place turkey-rollup slice-end down into a 13x9 cooking pan.

Once all rollups are done and in pan smother tops with gravy and cook in 375 degree oven until gravy is bubbling and golden brown on top.

Waaaaaalaaaa! :diva:

Seriously, this s a gread dish to pre-make and put in fridge and pull out and bake when you get home from work some nights. Adjust ingredient amounts to the amount of people you are feeding.

Roman

Turkey dinner ala kwillia-style

1 1/2 pounds of thick sliced turkey from the deli
two boxed worth of cooked Stove top stuffing
1 or 2 jars Heinz turkey gravy

Place some stuffing to the edge of a slice of turkey and roll up until stuffing is enclosed in meat.

Place turkey-rollup slice-end down into a 13x9 cooking pan.

Once all rollups are done and in pan smother tops with gravy and cook in 375 degree oven until gravy is bubbling and golden brown on top.

Waaaaaalaaaa! :diva:

Seriously, this s a gread dish to pre-make and put in fridge and pull out and bake when you get home from work some nights. Adjust ingredient amounts to the amount of people you are feeding.
That DOES sound yummy! But watch out...Vrai will get ya!

NextJen

Raisin cane
picked up a turkey breast yesterday to cook on my rotisserie. Trying to figure out how to wrap it in bacon.

You mean like this?

Attachments

• turkey bacon.jpg
    turkey bacon.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 104