That's it. I'm moving to Colorado

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
Typically there are signs on the road that tell you how fast you're allowed to go. :yay:

But RR says it's okay for him to exceed the posted speed limit, but anyone else will cause an accident.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Mikeinsmd said:
If he'd do the speed limit, I wouldn't have to pass him and there'd be no accident.
There's right, and there's dead right. Which would you rather be?

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:
stand the thought of someone else beating them off the light, people who think their missed exit is your problem - why aren't THOSE people being ticketed and fined? Why go after the guy who's simply going a little slower than the rest of the cars?

Stop the press.

Enforcing THIS law does not mean that they are suddenly ignoring or condoning maniac drivers who do the things you mentioned above.

People who drive too fast and act recklessly ARE being ticketed and fined. As well they should be.

Its just now these OTHER ignorant people are being ticketed and fined also. As well they should be.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
But RR says it's okay for him to exceed the posted speed limit, but anyone else will cause an accident.
That's not what he said. You're just feeling defensive because you know it's silly to be a maniac who gets enraged over the person in front of you driving below the posted speed limit. :neener:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
Its just now these OTHER ignorant people are being ticketed and fined also. As well they should be.
You're probably a big fan of seatbelt laws, too - aren't you?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
That's not what he said. You're just feeling defensive because you know it's silly to be a maniac who gets enraged over the person in front of you driving below the posted speed limit. :neener:

No, that is what he said. Go back and read it. You're just defending him because you're a slow poke road hazard, too.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Toxick said:
I think seat-belt laws and helmet laws are fascist oppression.
Well you know what? When I see someone driving without a seatbelt or riding their motorcycle without a helmet, it sends me off into a rage so big I might run them off the road. So they should have to do what I say so they don't piss me off.

:neener:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
Well you know what? When I see someone driving without a seatbelt or riding their motorcycle without a helmet, it sends me off into a rage so big I might run them off the road. So they should have to do what I say so they don't piss me off.

:neener:

We know you're a criminal, now put your seat belt on.

D

dems4me

elaine said:
No, that is what he said. Go back and read it. You're just defending him because you're a slow poke road hazard, too.

I call them speedbumps... :lol:

I agree with you.

I can't stand slow folks because of the long commute in and out... but I refuse to leave half an hour earlier for work because of inconsiderate people in front of me not pulling off to the side to let me pass... Wor, is strict about punctuality and if I get stuck behind someone going below the speed limit... that adds on to my commute time, then theres all the carss that cut in front of him because he's no where near the car in front of him... so all said and done, if I followed the same clown from start to finish, there'd be about 100 cars that he would have let in - about 20 stop lights I would have gotten stuck at the red light for and all said and done... about 30 minuts cummulative added onto my commute time.
The school busses also irk me... they literally stop at every single house - is that necessary???? can't the kids walk to the house next to them and have all the kids picked up at the same place :shrug: I call the school busses my pace car in the mornings... gotta get out in front of the pace car!!!! :jet: hurry!!! hurry!!! :jet:

Toxick

Splat
vraiblonde said:

I see your sarcasm - but unfortunately my answer is as before:

It's the police's job to enforce laws. Not yours, nor ol' Pokey in the left lane.

And for the record - just so everyone knows for sure - I don't engage in, nor do I condone, road rage.

A dawdler in the left lane may piss me off, but I don't fly into an insane fury, and tailgate or pass on the shoulder and do those sorts of things. People who engage in road rage have just as much of my contempt (if not more) than the people who incite it.

But guess who i see more of...

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dems4me said:
I call them speedbumps... :lol:

I agree with you.

I can't stand slow folks because of the long commute in and out... but I refuse to leave half an hour earlier for work because of inconsiderate people in front of me not pulling off to the side to let me pass... Wor, is strict about punctuality and if I get stuck behind someone going below the speed limit... that adds on to my commute time, then theres all the carss that cut in front of him because he's no where near the car in front of him... so all said and done, if I followed the same clown from start to finish, there'd be about 100 cars that he would have let in - about 20 stop lights I would have gotten stuck at the red light for and all said and done... about 30 minuts cummulative added onto my commute time.
The school busses also irk me... they literally stop at every single house - is that necessary???? can't the kids walk to the house next to them and have all the kids picked up at the same place :shrug: I call the school busses my pace car in the mornings... gotta get out in front of the pace car!!!! :jet: hurry!!! hurry!!! :jet:

You really should go back to your special olympics thread. You're not even on the same page.

D

dems4me

Toxick said:
I see your sarcasm - but unfortunately my answer is as before:

It's the police's job to enforce laws. Not yours, nor ol' Pokey in the left lane.

And for the record - just so everyone knows for sure - I don't engage in, nor do I condone, road rage.

A dawdler in the left lane may piss me off, but I don't fly into an insane fury, and tailgate or pass on the shoulder and do those sorts of things. People who engage in road rage have just as much of my contempt (if not more) than the people who incite it.

But guess who i see more of...

:liar: that's not what you told me that time you stopped by the house last year... :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
dems4me said:
The school busses also irk me... they literally stop at every single house - is that necessary????
I don't suppose it's ever occurred to you to leave a bit earlier so you don't get behind the school buses?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
If you weren't a road rager, you wouldn't think I was a slow poke. :razz:

I'm not a road rager, but I do wear my seat belt, and I drive in the right hand lane unless I'm over taking and passing another vehicle, when it isn't a rollling road block. I don't get out there in rush hour traffic and zip across all the lanes on 235, and I don't try to drive up the tail pipe in front of me. :neener:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
elaine said:
You really should go back to your special olympics thread. You're not even on the same page.
She's agreeing with you, Elaine, not me.

Dems and Elaine, sittin' in a tree... :dance:

D

dems4me

vraiblonde said:
I don't suppose it's ever occurred to you to leave a bit earlier so you don't get behind the school buses?

What would be the point? I can never time it right, its either highschool, middle school or elementary school buses/pace cars... it makes a world of difference in my commute on days there is no school :shrug:

Not only that but I already commute 3 1/2 hours everyday driving... I just can't fathom the idea of spending any more time than that :bawl:

Last edited by a moderator:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Toxick said:
:shrug:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Neither does she, she just decided to post in this thread because it's active and she isn't getting enough attention in her special olympics thread.