The babies

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Cooper was 4 1/2 months old and Buff was 4 months old (give or take a day for both) when we adopted them.
The foster from whom we got them had them neutered at 3 months, once they were healthy and big enough.
As I understand it, a healthy kitten of either sex that is at least 2# can be safely de-sexed.

Same rescue has taken pregnant kittens off the hoarder's property that were as young as 4 or 5 months.

Early neutering did not hurt their growth, both are healthy adults.
Cooper is a chunky 17#, Buff is 15# and 1" taller at the shoulder.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
One week in and I think they are starting to like their home. Boy is no longer hissing at us. Girl is starting to act like she wants to come to us. Both have started purring and we can even pet them now!!

Attachments

• 20200603_192801.jpg
    20200603_192801.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 20200603_192742.jpg
    20200603_192742.jpg
    770.8 KB · Views: 182

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This one looks so much like a kitten I tried to save a few years ago from the garden center at Lowe's. I had her all of 92 minutes before the vet gave her the Final Kindness. Vet said she was likely poisoned by something out there. I named her Chance and promised her a Forever Home. Had her individually cremated. Chance's little oak box is between Teia and Blue.

Louise

Here's Chance, just before the vet sent her on the Last Journey.
View attachment 148623

You were there for her when she crossed the rainbow bridge. Thanks for making me cry, but it was a good cry. Rescuing critters is a good thing. I just wish they didn’t attach to our hearts, and we miss them so. I have been there and done that so many times in my life: standing at the front of the bridge. Not that I wanted to. We do whatever is best for our beloved pets that we choose to bring into our families. :huggy:

Last edited:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
This one looks so much like a kitten I tried to save a few years ago from the garden center at Lowe's. I had her all of 92 minutes before the vet gave her the Final Kindness. Vet said she was likely poisoned by something out there. I named her Chance and promised her a Forever Home. Had her individually cremated. Chance's little oak box is between Teia and Blue.
View attachment 148622
Hmm.. we are still looking for a name for him and with that story, I think Chance would be a great name. We decided to name the girl Gracie.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
That little nugget with the half ginger face is a heart melter!🤗
She is the leader of the two and is going to be quite the handful I reckon. She acts like she is such a good little girl and then pounces on your head!!

Our Mr Cooper likes to burrow under the hamper.
The first couple days they hid under the hamper but not since. They realized it was more comfortable IN the hamper.