The Brett Favre Saga

LordStanley

I know nothing
As much as I like Favre and draft him every year in my fantasy leagues, I would hate for him to come to DC. Favre in burgandy and gold still would not be enough for me to like the Redskins!

Yeah, Id have to disown favre is that happened

BuddyLee

Football addict
FAVRE TO THE REDSKINS?
Posted by Mike Florio on July 15, 2008, 2:11 p.m. EDT
A reader tells us that WFAN’s Mike Francesa said earlier this afternoon that the Packers could be trading quarterback Brett Favre to the Carolina Panthers or the Washington Redskins for a conditional first-round draft pick.

The problem in that regard is that the Panthers don’t own a first-rounder in 2009; they traded it to the Eagles. But maybe the Packers would settle for the equivalent of a round-one selection under the points chart that teams use to value draft picks.

We’d previously heard that Favre’s agent, Bus Cook, had been saying privately that Favre wants to play for the Panthers. We hadn’t previously considered the Redskins, but the light bulb finally flickered during a Tuesday afternoon radio visit with Big O & Dukes of WJFK in D.C.

Jim Zorn is the new coach of the Redskins, and he’ll be using a version of the West Coast offense. Favre has been running the West Coast offense for his entire career.

Also, Redskins owner Dan Snyder has a history of targeting big-name players, and of giving up draft picks to get them. Given that franchise quarterbacks rarely if ever are available via trade or otherwise, perhaps Snyder and the ‘Skins won’t be able to resist.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008...o-the-redskins/

More rumor mongering.

<!-- / message -->

BuddyLee

Football addict
Not gonna happen, eh? Given the surprise moves the Redskins have shown us in the last 6 or 7 months, I'm thinking - anything - is possible! :lmao:

Just imagine it: Favre in Burgundy and Gold! :yahoo:
Wouldn't be the worst move they've made or tried to make.:lol:

There's a good question: Which is worse, offering two first rounders for Chad Johnson or picking up a 39 year old Brett Favre?:eyebrow:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Wouldn't be the worst move they've made or tried to make.:lol:

There's a good question: Which is worse, offering two first rounders for Chad Johnson or picking up a 39 year old Brett Favre?:eyebrow:

Hmm...good question. I imagine Dan Snyder is sitting in his office, vigorously wringing his hands together:

"What to do?!" "What to do?!??"

:lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ok, on Friday, I noticed ESPN reported that Favre says he will report to training camp this Sunday. Hmm...alright.

Then, late last night ESPN runs a ticker on the bottom of the TV screen, saying Favre will not report to training camp!

What the heck is going on?

BuddyLee

Football addict
Ok, on Friday, I noticed ESPN reported that Favre says he will report to training camp this Sunday. Hmm...alright.

Then, late last night ESPN runs a ticker on the bottom of the TV screen, saying Favre will not report to training camp!

What the heck is going on?
That is what ESPN reported; can't always trust them.

NFL Network and many other sources said that Favre 'planned' not 'would necessarily' report to Packers training camp. The Packers GM recently called Favre and asked him if he would stay away for a few days in order to get things worked out. Favre complied and will stay away for a few days.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Maybe it's the amount of coverage they give him on ESPN, it's what's annoying.

Notice on the bottom of the screen, they list upcoming topics, like:

MLB - AL - NL - Soccer - Olympics - Favre - NFL - Horseracing - Favre, etc. :bigwhoop:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Maybe it's the amount of coverage they give him on ESPN, it's what's annoying.

Notice on the bottom of the screen, they list upcoming topics, like:

MLB - AL - NL - Soccer - Olympics - Favre - NFL - Horseracing - Favre, etc. :bigwhoop:
:lol:

The man draws excitement.

DuffMan

John Clayton from ESPN said that he would show up to camp on Wednesday or Thursday. On the trade Brett does not want to go to NY Jets and Tampa does not want to give up a frist round draft pick. It looks like Brett will be a back up for a few weeks until one of two things happens, one Rogers go down or is really bad and then he is the starter, or another teams QB goes down and are in need of a QB.

Kerad

Tampa (or just about any team, for that matter) would be stupid to give up a #1 for someone who will only play 2 years, tops...unless it's conditioned on Favre having the best two seasons of his life and winning two Lombardis.

GB should be happy to trade him for 10 Papa Johns pizzas just to get rid of the drama queen.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
This morning, ESPN is reporting that Packers team president Mark Murphy is flying down to Mississippi to ask Brett Favre not to report to their training camp.

I guess they don't want Favre in the mix, vying for the starting quarterback position?