The Brett Favre Saga

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
To be fair, it does seem as if Favre is somewhat of a drama mama, but maybe the real culprit is ESPN!

They're the ones dramatizing this whole mess! It seems like every fifteen minutes they've got BREAKING NEWS!! concerning Brett Favre!

Give it a rest for a few days, or a week, and maybe this fiasco will take care of itself??!!

ESPN is getting to be more like a soap opera lately, or so it appears.

I read somewhere on espn that Manny Ramirez suggested sending him to Green Bay and Favre to Boston and let the whole drama about the two of them work itself out. :killingme

thurley42

HY;FR
I read somewhere on espn that Manny Ramirez suggested sending him to Green Bay and Favre to Boston and let the whole drama about the two of them work itself out. :killingme

he held up a sign last night in the dugout during the game....

To Pete who was saying Brett should hold a clipboard....that kills the Packers salary cap because he's guaranteed 12 million a year. They will have to restructure there payroll and that will cause additional problems.

Just freaking release him..it's not hard.

BuddyLee

Football addict
The same thing that makes him quit and then un-quit every stinking year. That massive ego. That old joke that goes: "Well I've talked enough about me........what do you think of me?", had to have been written for him.
I believe this was the first year he's actually done that. Before it was merely rumor mongering and him taking the time to decide.

No need to over-exaggerate.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Why all the hoopla? If the Packers want to start the new blood and Farve wont agree to a trade to a non division team, let Farve come back and be #2 or #3. When he gets tired of standing on the sideline with a clip board he will retire.
He tried that earlier this week and they told him to stay away, they'd come to him.

donbarzini

I believe this was the first year he's actually done that. Before it was merely rumor mongering and him taking the time to decide.

No need to over-exaggerate.

Actually, BL, he truly did this 2 consecutive years from the end of the previous season until after the draft was finished affecting the way Green Bay drafted. While I did it as a joke, the timeline in post #42 is pretty much spot-on as far as what happened.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Sounds like BuddyLee has developed a......well, a, um, a softspot for Favre.

He's finding it somewhat difficult to criticize the legend. :lol:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Actually, BL, he truly did this 2 consecutive years from the end of the previous season until after the draft was finished affecting the way Green Bay drafted. While I did it as a joke, the timeline in post #42 is pretty much spot-on as far as what happened.
He retired last year and the year before and then came back in the same fashion? That isn't the same.

That's what Green Bay gets for having a living legend. You can't just have all the accolades without paying a price.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Sounds like BuddyLee has developed a......well, a, um, a softspot for Favre.

He's finding it somewhat difficult to criticize the legend. :lol:
Well, it woudln't be as much fun debating this if I simply agreed with everyone else.

Favre screwed up. The organization screwed up. ESPN blows.

I just want to see the man play, that's all.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
News Ticker at the bottom of ESPN2 says Favre is leaning towards telling the Packers Org. to take the money they offered him to stay retired and stick it up their...........well, you get the drift! :lmao:

He IS a drama mama!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Now there are rumors that he's going to retire again.

If this is true then...

...he IS a drama mama.:lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Now there are rumors that he's going to retire again.

If this is true then...

...he IS a drama mama.:lmao:

You know, I don't think even -he- knows what he wants to do! :killingme

I have the impression it's whoever he listens to, on any given day, that he gives credence to!

This has turned into such a farce - BTW, notice the similarity between favre and farce - close indeed. :lmao: It is truly a joke, that these tards on ESPN, SI, and the NFL channel would choose to spotlight every phrase that this guy utters.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I guess yesterday was rumor mongering within the media because...

...the Packers just announced that Brett Favre will be returning for a 17th season.

He will be reinstated back into the league tomorrow noon.

This still does not rule out a trade.

DuffMan

All of this is getting out of hand! I'm a Packers fan and would love to see Favre play but then again Rogers has been waiting for his time in the spotlight and now its here and Favre is taking that away from him. Favre is a Packer and I can't see him playing for anyone else, that is why GB is not releasing him. Plus GB does not want him in Minn. or Chicago. I think that GB should tell both Rogers and Favre that the QB job is up for grabs and whoever does the best in training camp gets the starting job. We all know who will win that job though!

I told you all thats what will happen and it did! #4 is back in Green and Gold!!
:buddies:

scratch

ESPN is saying that Pack has contacted Minnesota about a trade possibility though...If I'm Aaron Rodgers I call the Vikings and go there!!!!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
ESPN is now saying the Packers are negotiating a possible trade for Favre to the Buccaneers?

It never ends, it just keeps on getting better! :lmao:

Otter

Nothing to see here
Please, lord, let this be over with that POS..Trade him somewhere so some other team has to deal with his 2faced azz.