The Brett Favre Saga

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Oh yeah?

Uber stupid is all the fans buying into poor ole country boy Bretts song and dance, IMO. The Pack would have gotten nothing with Brett retired, possibly could have paid 20 mill to keep him retired, but now will be compensated quite handsomely by the bidding war between the Buccs and Jets..Of course this is all my opinion, but the Packers are gonna be the winners in all this hoopla.

Also,remember to beware of opinions of guys that grow flowers.

Well, at least I'm not Dan Snyders favorite golf partner! Suck up!

:lmao:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I guess I am getting NFL Network as a promo today or its a mistake, but I can't help but be reminded of an old SNL or Fridays skit where Buckwheat(of little rascals fame) was shot..all the news break-ins and such...Hell, I've just watched Farve's effing plane land in Hattiesburg 10 times in the last 30 minutes...:lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let me know...

I guess I am getting NFL Network as a promo today or its a mistake, but I can't help but be reminded of an old SNL or Fridays skit where Buckwheat(of little rascals fame) was shot..all the news break-ins and such...Hell, I've just watched Farve's effing plane land in Hattiesburg 10 times in the last 30 minutes...:lol:

...if he jumps in a white Bronco...or Ted Kennedy's Caddie!!!!

:buddies:

DuffMan

Official at this hour by multiple sources.

Brett Favre traded to Jets.

Its about time this is all over with! I think he is a good fit in NY. I like how Green Bay put the "poison pill" in the trade say if he is traded to Minn. then NY has to give up 3 frist round draft picks.

thurley42

HY;FR
Uber stupid is all the fans buying into poor ole country boy Bretts song and dance, IMO. The Pack would have gotten nothing with Brett retired, possibly could have paid 20 mill to keep him retired, but now will be compensated quite handsomely by the bidding war between the Buccs and Jets..Of course this is all my opinion, but the Packers are gonna be the winners in all this hoopla.

Also,remember to beware of opinions of guys that grow flowers.

I don't see how you think the Packers will be the winners....they now go from a team that went deep into the postseason back to an UNPROVEN team. Rogers hasn't proven anything besides that he has class. Class doesn't get it done on the playing field.

I think the Jets got off fairly well in this deal. The pick starts at a 4th rounder and will only be a 1st rounder if and when they get to the super bowl.....i'd take one of the greatest QB's of all time...even if he does only have 3 years or so left in the tank over a 1st round pick...let alone a 2nd or a 3rd. The % that the pick they lose will equal Farve's career is slim to none....

I am not a big fan of the Jets, but they beat the Steelers last year...with a hobbled team, and they won 10 games only 2 seasons ago. I think they are the winners by and far.

All the Packers have done thus far have proven to get caught in a bluff and had to stick to it to save face....I think it has the chance to go down as one of the biggest bonehead decisions of all time.

I mean come on....seriously. Who defines a great story line more than Brett? His father passing? Comes out and has the game of his life? He'll use this as motivation to come out and give us one hell of a show.

thurley42

HY;FR
Its about time this is all over with! I think he is a good fit in NY. I like how Green Bay put the "poison pill" in the trade say if he is traded to Minn. then NY has to give up 3 frist round draft picks.

Yeah....this is where the logic goes off track to me.

I understand what it is they are doing...but, when they take a stance that Rogers is their QB, and they don't want Farve, it shouldn't matter where he goes. By refusing to trade him to the Vikings, to me, it says we are idiots because we are trading away a better QB then what we have.

Don't get me wrong, on the business side it would be even more idiotic than getting rid of him in the first place....but I think the logic is flawed at this point.

DuffMan

I don't see how you think the Packers will be the winners....they now go from a team that went deep into the postseason back to an UNPROVEN team. Rogers hasn't proven anything besides that he has class. Class doesn't get it done on the playing field.

I think the Jets got off fairly well in this deal. The pick starts at a 4th rounder and will only be a 1st rounder if and when they get to the super bowl.....i'd take one of the greatest QB's of all time...even if he does only have 3 years or so left in the tank over a 1st round pick...let alone a 2nd or a 3rd. The % that the pick they lose will equal Farve's career is slim to none....

I am not a big fan of the Jets, but they beat the Steelers last year...with a hobbled team, and they won 10 games only 2 seasons ago. I think they are the winners by and far.

All the Packers have done thus far have proven to get caught in a bluff and had to stick to it to save face....I think it has the chance to go down as one of the biggest bonehead decisions of all time.

I mean come on....seriously. Who defines a great story line more than Brett? His father passing? Comes out and has the game of his life? He'll use this as motivation to come out and give us one hell of a show.

Your right the Packers did drop the ball on this one and got caught with their pants down. Rogers has a lot to prove and until the frist Monday night game aginst Minnesota we will not no for sure just how good or bad he will be. If he good then all of this will be forgotten and the Packers higher up will look like geniuses. If Rogers fails then I think you will see the Packers higher ups burned at the stake. I just hope Rogers is up for what he is about to get into!

I'm a Favre fan and will still give props to one of the Best QB's ever, even though he will be with the Jets. :buddies:

DuffMan

Yeah....this is where the logic goes off track to me.

I understand what it is they are doing...but, when they take a stance that Rogers is their QB, and they don't want Farve, it shouldn't matter where he goes. By refusing to trade him to the Vikings, to me, it says we are idiots because we are trading away a better QB then what we have.

Don't get me wrong, on the business side it would be even more idiotic than getting rid of him in the first place....but I think the logic is flawed at this point.

GB just does not want Favre playing against them, plain and simple. That is why that clause was put in. I see Favre playing this year and maybe next year, but after that he is done. He will come back to GB and be some kind of coach in a few year.

puggymom

GB just does not want Favre playing against them, plain and simple. That is why that clause was put in. I see Favre playing this year and maybe next year, but after that he is done. He will come back to GB and be some kind of coach in a few year.

I think he will be miserable with the Jets--JMO. He is not used to getting booed---by his own fans.

thurley42

HY;FR

wow...interesting...do you think that will really happen? I mean....this has been a big debacle...I would think this front office will have to leave before something like that happens...

Once again it isn't that I wish the Packers harm because I don't like them.....you have AJ!

I just respect and love Brett for the legend he is and more so how he plays the game. I hate to see him treated this way.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't...

I think he will be miserable with the Jets--JMO. He is not used to getting booed---by his own fans.

...think Brett Favre gives a damn what anyone thinks of him as far as football goes. Given the Jets QB situation and their record last year and their prospects before they got him, I think he's gonna have a fine year with the fans and media.

Given the weapons they have and the 6-10 projection before Favre, they'll have a shot at the playoffs.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Everybody can say what they want about Brett, but he made the Packers what they are today. Besides the team in in 60's, the Packers haven't done anything untill Brett came along. Before he came there, they only went to one playoff game, and no division titles. I think Brett is one of the all time greatest quarterbacks to play the game. He was fun to watch, and he has a passion for the game, not the money like most players have now. I hope that he does great in N.Y. And I hope the Rodgers does great also. He has been waiting for his time and now he got it. And you never heard him whine and cry about it. I feel for him because now the pressure is gonna be on him big time. It's going to be intresting, the Jets play the Pats twice a year now.

Oh and STEELERS RULE!!!!!!!

puggymom

...think Brett Favre gives a damn what anyone thinks of him as far as football goes. Given the Jets QB situation and their record last year and their prospects before they got him, I think he's gonna have a fine year with the fans and media.

Given the weapons they have and the 6-10 projection before Favre, they'll have a shot at the playoffs.

Yes Brett is a GREAT QB, I am not questioning that at all but he has been on the same offensive system for 16 years meaning this is a big change. And add obnoxious Jet fans to the mix I think the honeymoon will wear off quickly.
Of course I could be wrong. Farve could go there, get into a groove with a new system, and be fine.
I just think he would have personally preferred Tampa Bay is all. Then again I hate the Jets and only like one Jet fan (my SIL who is married to a Dolphin fan BIL so that is pretty fun:killingme).

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Yes Brett is a GREAT QB, I am not questioning that at all but he has been on the same offensive system for 16 years meaning this is a big change. And add obnoxious Jet fans to the mix I think the honeymoon will wear off quickly.
Of course I could be wrong. Farve could go there, get into a groove with a new system, and be fine.
I just think he would have personally preferred Tampa Bay is all. Then again I hate the Jets and only like one Jet fan (my SIL who is married to a Dolphin fan BIL so that is pretty fun:killingme).

Nah, Brett didn't want sunny and 80's year round at Tampa. At least N.Y. will get some snow.:lmao:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
A couple of thoughts: One of the most important aspects of a winning franchise is team chemistry.

So, will he add or subtract to the Jets mix?

This thing(debacle) might now draw to a close(finally)

ESPN has now devoted the last 38 minutes of the 8:00am session to this news. :bigwhoop: