The Greaseman Radio Show on AM 1690

O

oldnavy

1690 recently changed it's morning programming from CNN news to this guy who calls himself "The Greaseman". His program reminds me an awful lot of "The Diceman...Andrew "Dice" Clay" that I used to hear years ago.
I can't understand 80 percent of what the Greaseman says on his program, but what I do understand is pretty far out there and I'm surprised that they would air it.
I called and talked to the station manager about it and he said that the Greaseman was very popular around here at one point...had higher ratings than ABC, CBS and NBC combined...and so they brought him back.

Vince

If it's the same Greaseman, he got fired from a radio station in DC for making a racist comment on the air. Can't remember what it was about. Used to listen to him in Florida. Heard he went west after he got fired in DC. :shrug:

rack'm

Jaded
Vince said:
If it's the same Greaseman, he got fired from a radio station in DC for making a racist comment on the air. Can't remember what it was about. Used to listen to him in Florida. Heard he went west after he got fired in DC. :shrug:

He played a R&B song and said, "no wonder they drag'm behind trucks"

Otter

Nothing to see here
bresamil said:
I thought Grease was banned from radio. :confused:

He's been around on small AM stations, still hilarious. Couldn't stand him at first, but after I listened a few times, I was hooked. Always loved the roman bits he did with Vaginitis and Scrotocles.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
rack'm said:
I thought he got in trouble when we were celebrating Martin Luther King Day and he wanted to know if 6 more died would we get the whole week off?

Otter

Nothing to see here
bresamil said:
I thought he got in trouble when we were celebrating Martin Luther King Day and he wanted to know if 6 more died would we get the whole week off?

He got suspended for that, and fired for the comment that Rack'm referred to.

Vince

rack'm said:
Oh yeah, that was after the incident in California wasn't it? Something about a truck driver. Can't remember the guys name. :confused:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
bresamil said:

That was his first offense...then the dragging comment.

I love me some Grease though.

rack'm

Jaded
Vince said:
Oh yeah, that was after the incident in California wasn't it? Something about a truck driver. Can't remember the guys name. :confused:

No, a black guy was drug to his death in Texas by a few good ole boys. :duh:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Vince said:
I think it was in Texas.

timex

:lalala: I have heard his rantings and if he is more popular then ABC, NBC, ETC. Somebody needs a reality check. The guy is nuts. Bonk Bonk Bonking :lmao: I want my CNN back...... :buttkick:
oldnavy said:
1690 recently changed it's morning programming from CNN news to this guy who calls himself "The Greaseman". His program reminds me an awful lot of "The Diceman...Andrew "Dice" Clay" that I used to hear years ago.
I can't understand 80 percent of what the Greaseman says on his program, but what I do understand is pretty far out there and I'm surprised that they would air it.
I called and talked to the station manager about it and he said that the Greaseman was very popular around here at one point...had higher ratings than ABC, CBS and NBC combined...and so they brought him back.