The Greaseman Radio Show on AM 1690

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
cattitude said:
Nino Greasmanelli?

It's Doug Tracht.
Don't forget Sargeant Fury and the battles at Quon Tre (I know I spelled the place wrong).

I listened to him for years.

I will never forget DC101 night at the Penthouse in Waldorf. Grease hosted the upside down suck'em dry contest.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
bresamil said:
Don't forget Sargeant Fury and the battles at Quon Tre (I know I spelled the place wrong).

I listened to him for years.

I will never forget DC101 night at the Penthouse in Waldorf. Grease hosted the upside down suck'em dry contest.

I think I can recite almost every bit.

My 6 year old's favorite song was "My Dog Blue." The doo-dad part got him every time. :lol:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
cattitude said:
I think I can recite almost every bit.

My 6 year old's favorite song was "My Dog Blue." The doo-dad part got him every time. :lol:
Do you remember the Tuna Fish song? :lol:

rack'm

Jaded
cattitude said:
shucks..

:lmao:

Ott and I saw his show when he was with DC101..we went to the studio. It was hilarious!

I took Kyle to the Ring Dang Do when I went a while back...I think he still has the picture of the three of us.

I also bought his CD set.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
cattitude said:
:lmao: :yay:

How 'bout Ms. Baumgartner? A 1, 2, 3, 4.....
That's it. I'll get nothing done today because all his old bits are running through my head. I'm going out and reprogram the car radio.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
bresamil said:
That's it. I'll get nothing done today because all his old bits are running through my head. I'm going out and reprogram the car radio.

I know what you mean. I've never enjoyed morning radio since he's been gone.

THESE...HANDS...HAVE..BEEN..TOUCHED...BY...GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I listened to the Greaseman in late high school and early college, when he was still on DC101. I always thought he had a great talent for radio theater. But I stopped listening after a while because he kept recycling bits and jokes. I haven't heard him in about 20 years.

I've heard a little of the new morning guy on 97.7, the former WMDM. He often sounds like he's mimicking the Greaseman's cadences.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I can remember I was in HS, sitting out in my Jeep listening to him when he said no wonder people drag them behind trucks :lmao: I never laughed so hard, shame they fired him for it. Anyone knw what time he's on?

maylinduplantis

gunslinger
I have a CD somewhere full of his bits... my favorite is the bit with no end... my dad called into his show once, because I had the same birthday as him... I don't even remember how old I was... but I use to listen to him all the time... he did a lot of "best of" near the end of his stretch in DC but so what... he was funny!

Toxick

Splat
rack'm said:
I'm surprised he has air again.......I'll have to listen to see if it's really him

It's really him.

I was a big greash fan back in the day. I've tuned in his morning show a few times. It doesn't come in very good down here, and I've had to listen to a bunch of static to hear the ring-dang-do.

Unfortunately he doesn't do much of his bits any more. I haven't heard any "West Virginia", or "Sgt. Fury", but I've heard "Law-man" once or twice. He stick primarily now to stand-alone antecdotes. Still pretty funny, but it's not quite the same as the olden days of DC101 or WJFK.