The Greaseman Radio Show on AM 1690

awpitt

Main Streeter
oldnavy said:
1690 recently changed it's morning programming from CNN news to this guy who calls himself "The Greaseman". His program reminds me an awful lot of "The Diceman...Andrew "Dice" Clay" that I used to hear years ago.
I can't understand 80 percent of what the Greaseman says on his program, but what I do understand is pretty far out there and I'm surprised that they would air it.
I called and talked to the station manager about it and he said that the Greaseman was very popular around here at one point...had higher ratings than ABC, CBS and NBC combined...and so they brought him back.

Greaseman was on DC101 after Howard Stern left for New York in 1981/82. I'm not sure when he actually left DC101.

O

oldnavy

Yes sir, it is AM radio...1690. Signal comes in good for me.

Tonio said:
Is that AM? I almost never listen to AM in the car. In the last three cars I've owned, the reception has been terrible unless the station is only a few miles away. I've often wondered if the electrical systems are to blame. I couldn't even tell you what stations are on the AM dial locally or in D.C.

keekee

I LOVED listening to the Grease!
I'll be listening to AM radio if he's on there!

BUD-BUD-BUDDY-BUDDA-BUD-BUD-BUDDAAY!

R

RadioPatrol

oldnavy said:
1690 recently changed it's morning programming from CNN news to this guy who calls himself "The Greaseman". His program reminds me an awful lot of "The Diceman...Andrew "Dice" Clay" that I used to hear years ago.
I can't understand 80 percent of what the Greaseman says on his program, but what I do understand is pretty far out there and I'm surprised that they would air it.
I called and talked to the station manager about it and he said that the Greaseman was very popular around here at one point...had higher ratings than ABC, CBS and NBC combined...and so they brought him back.

Greaseman Sux Eggs ........... :barf:

Thor

oldnavy said:

Oh god they brought him back? Christ almighty just let it die. He sucked in the 80s and I'm sure he sucks now.

Dupontster said:
I used to listen to Jack Benny and George Burns on my radio when I was young. :bawl:
J/K
I listened to and like The Grease....SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
You had radio when you were young?

SMIB Sucks

What the?!?!?
oldnavy said:

I thought the Greaseman was fired some time ago for saying some racist ####. Anywho...

O

oldnavy

SMIB Sucks said:
I thought the Greaseman was fired some time ago for saying some racist ####. Anywho...

That's been covered already....read the thread.

waqqy

Ahhhh Greaseman....

Come Wail Away Come Wail Away with me lads....(sung to the tune of Styx's Come Sail Away)

Against her chin, they were slapping against her chin.....(sung to the tune of Bob Seger's Against The Wind)

BLACK SLACKS....................... :larry:

sparkyaclown

He has actually been on for a while, he was for a time broadcasting from a small FM in Hagerstown which didn't quite reached DC. Last couple of years he has bounced around the AM dial. I listened to him religiously growing up, he use to crack me up. I can't seem to get the AMs in that clearly so I haven't really listened to him in a while. I was a little sad when he was canned from his last job for the racial remarks. While in poor taste it wasn't much worse than the remark he was replying to made by Lauren Hill.

USNavyMike

sparkyaclown said:
He has actually been on for a while, he was for a time broadcasting from a small FM in Hagerstown which didn't quite reached DC. Last couple of years he has bounced around the AM dial. I listened to him religiously growing up, he use to crack me up. I can't seem to get the AMs in that clearly so I haven't really listened to him in a while. I was a little sad when he was canned from his last job for the racial remarks. While in poor taste it wasn't much worse than the remark he was replying to made by Lauren Hill.

What the "original" greaseman had said to get him canned was, It was during MLK Holiday and he said lets kill a few more and have the whole week off. Obviously he was fired after that comment.

sparkyaclown

USNavyMike said:
What the "original" greaseman had said to get him canned was, It was during MLK Holiday and he said lets kill a few more and have the whole week off. Obviously he was fired after that comment.

Actually that is incorrect, DC101 stood behind him on that and took the heat. He was put on leave for a while and his contract was rewritten to actually give him that whole week off every year. He left DC101 for a multi-market deal Infiniti offered him (which I am still convinced to this day was done to get rid of Howard's competition in the DC market). He eventually ended up back in DC working for a smaller station 94.7???? There he made the truck dragging remark and they fired him.

bcp

In My Opinion
we cant forget his calling the airlines and asking how much a one way ticket to the 14th street bridge was... and he managed to get the call in before the ticket people knew their plane landed on the bridge after takeoff.

that would have been a riot if not for the deaths from the accident.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
USNavyMike said:

you have to wonder if people actually read threads or just post :whistle:

Midnightrider

bcp said:
we cant forget his calling the airlines and asking how much a one way ticket to the 14th street bridge was... and he managed to get the call in before the ticket people knew their plane landed on the bridge after takeoff.

that would have been a riot if not for the deaths from the accident.
cant forget he did it because that was howard stern