The Greaseman Radio Show on AM 1690

O

oldnavy

6-10 a.m. on 1690. On my short drive from Callaway to the base, reception is fine.

Magnum said:
I can remember I was in HS, sitting out in my Jeep listening to him when he said no wonder people drag them behind trucks :lmao: I never laughed so hard, shame they fired him for it. Anyone knw what time he's on?

rack'm

Jaded
oldnavy said:
6-10 a.m. on 1690. On my short drive from Callaway to the base, reception is fine.

Thanks, I'll tune in tomorrow to see if he's even trying to be himself........he turned into such a puss after the last issue. :boo:

O

oldnavy

He did some gig that had a reference to "West Virginia" in it at about 9:15 this morning. I don't know if it's the one you're speaking of, but....

This site has a lot of his skits on it. http://www.dwponline.com/grease/

Toxick said:
It's really him.

I was a big greash fan back in the day. I've tuned in his morning show a few times. It doesn't come in very good down here, and I've had to listen to a bunch of static to hear the ring-dang-do.

Unfortunately he doesn't do much of his bits any more. I haven't heard any "West Virginia", or "Sgt. Fury", but I've heard "Law-man" once or twice. He stick primarily now to stand-alone antecdotes. Still pretty funny, but it's not quite the same as the olden days of DC101 or WJFK.

Cowgirl

rack'm said:
Let me guess, you're either a Stern fan or a Don and Mike fan.....which is it?

Neither. :shrug: There are very few radio personalities I like. I used to like KMS, and I like Mickey and Amelia, but not so much in the morning. I think they were way better in the pm. I like Josh, but they're mean to him and don't let him talk much.

I listen to alot of country though too...but none of the stupid DJs on the shore are any good.

rack'm

Jaded
Cowgirl said:
Neither. :shrug: There are very few radio personalities I like. I used to like KMS, and I like Mickey and Amelia, but not so much in the morning. I think they were way better in the pm. I like Josh, but they're mean to him and don't let him talk much.

I listen to alot of country though too...but none of the stupid DJs on the shore are any good.

Ok, just checking........

KMS?? Do you mean KML??

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
oldnavy said:
6-10 a.m. on 1690.

Is that AM? I almost never listen to AM in the car. In the last three cars I've owned, the reception has been terrible unless the station is only a few miles away. I've often wondered if the electrical systems are to blame. I couldn't even tell you what stations are on the AM dial locally or in D.C.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Toxick said:
Point of order... Not all Don & Mike fans dislike Johnny Avocado.
If I can listen to Grease in the morning and Don & Mike in the afternoon I will officially be reliving my youth. :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Toxick said:
Point of order... Not all Don & Mike fans dislike Johnny Avocado.

I liked Don & Mike "back in the day." And I really liked Baker & Byrd. When they did their "mommie" bit with Reagan on the horse, it was hilarious.

Dondi

Dondi
I never really cared for the Greaseman primarily for the following reason:

When I was in high school in Rockville in the early 80's (AGE ALERT, AGE ALERT), I listened to Howard Stern every single morning, even woke up early. This was back when Howard wasn't quite as vulgar and over-the-top, and he was simply brilliant and hilarious. I mean he cracked me up all the time, like I can't catche-my-breath funny, I'm laughing so hard. So needless to say, when he left for New York, I was shattered. And unfortunately, Greaseman just didn't fill in the spot. Now he might have appeared funny to someone just tuning in, but there was definitely a hole left by Stern that just couldn't be satisfied no matter how much Grease was used.

Last edited:

Wild Dog

Grease me in the morning..... :whistle: Grease me in the evening..... :whistle: Grease me at supper time....... :whistle: As long as I get my Grease on I'm happy all the time..... :whistle:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
bresamil said:
If I can listen to Grease in the morning and Don & Mike in the afternoon I will officially be reliving my youth. :lol:

I used to listen to Jack Benny and George Burns on my radio when I was young. :bawl:
J/K
I listened to and like The Grease....SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET