The Month Of February 2006 and Black History.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
JPC said:
:coffee: Yes, you are fundamentally wrong of course.

That is a sad cop-out excuse. The blacks worked for the whites who ruled with guns and a wip.

Plus even if some did do wrong the vast majority did not. The vast majority were exploited by whites. And the issue really is the brutality that happened here in the USA.

The African slavery in America was the most mean and cruel and barberous that our history has.

:wench: ------------------ :smack:

If you want to feel guilty for what your ancestors did, go ahead. I don't have time for guilt, and I personally find black history month a pain in the arse.

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2ndAmendment said:
My ancestors were actually part of the colonization of America. Some of them may even have had slaves. They were well to do. Two of them were President of the United States. But you know what? That is history. I don't own any slaves, black, yellow, red, or white. Neither did my parents or my grandparents.

This may be totally non-PC, but it is time to get over it. I am all for equality. So if there is a black history month, I want a white history month, a yellow history month, and a red history month. After all, fair is fair.

JPC, Sr., The only slavery I have observed recently in this area is the slavery of your mind to delusional thought. Have you considered that since your thoughts are so far a field that you might just not have it right.
There's a "history month" for every minority, women, spanish-american, yada, yada, yada.

camily

Peace
sushisamba said:
There's a "history month" for every minority, women, spanish-american, yada, yada, yada.
Hmm, the only one I know is black history month. Where have I been?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
sushisamba said:

That may be, but you can bet your sweet ass they're not "in your face" for the whole month.

camily

Peace
elaine said:
That may be, but you can bet your sweet ass they're not "in your face" for the whole month.
Yes, and there is not a day in "women's history month" (if that exists) that we get a day off work.

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
camily said:
Yes, and there is not a day in "women's history month" (if that exists) that we get a day off work.

:confused: HUH? They get a day off work? Where have I been and aren't we all from Africa orignally?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Softballkid said:
Correct me if Im wrong, but this is what i was told about the slavery problems we still deal with today... and I am talking about the black slaves...and yes, this is a serious question.....

Wasnt it a black man selling slaves to the white people ????

If Im wrong, please say so...I noticed you seem to be able to find out all this kinda stuff, if you dont already know the answer....

That did happen, and still happens. Slavery is alive and well in most parts of the world. Most of us are not aware of it. It has never known an ethnic boundary.

Trying to make slavery a black vs. white issue is just a pathetic tactic used by politicians to try to gain votes. It ignores that there has been black vs. black slavery, and that every race has been enslaved at one time.

MMDad

Lem Putt
JPC said:
:coffee: Yes, you are fundamentally wrong of course.

That is a sad cop-out excuse. The blacks worked for the whites who ruled with guns and a wip.

Plus even if some did do wrong the vast majority did not. The vast majority were exploited by whites. And the issue really is the brutality that happened here in the USA.

The African slavery in America was the most mean and cruel and barberous that our history has.

:wench: ------------------ :smack:

Liar. You are in a library. There are books labeled History. Crack one open.

Look at the slavery of the Nazi's vs. the Jews in WWII. Or the Japanese with the Chinese. Then continue with how the Romans treated just about everyone they met.

The ugliness of slavery didn't start in the U.S., and it didn't end here. To deny that fact is to deny history.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
MMDad said:
That did happen, and still happens. Slavery is alive and well in most parts of the world. Most of us are not aware of it. It has never known an ethnic boundary.

Trying to make slavery a black vs. white issue is just a pathetic tactic used by politicians to try to gain votes. It ignores that there has been black vs. black slavery, and that every race has been enslaved at one time.
I believe you are correct that slavery still exists today. The Middle East and Asia are full of slavery, much of it is sex slave trade. If you can believe some of the news and things posted, many of the young girls and boys that go missing in this country wind up in the sex slave trade in those areas. I also believe that the mail order bride industry in this country is largely a sex slave business.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
MMDad said:
Liar. You are in a library. There are books labeled History. Crack one open.

Look at the slavery of the Nazi's vs. the Jews in WWII. Or the Japanese with the Chinese. Then continue with how the Romans treated just about everyone they met.

The ugliness of slavery didn't start in the U.S., and it didn't end here. To deny that fact is to deny history.
Assyrians and the Israelites. Babylonians and the Israelites. Egyptians and the Israelites. Crows and the Blackfeet. Arapaho and Comanche, Comanche and the Apache. American indians made slaves of whites and each other.

MMDad

Lem Putt
camily said:

You get one week every month that. What else do you want? :razz:

bcp

In My Opinion
Ah yes, black history month.
The month is not long enough to discuss all of the violence.

Thousands of whites every year are robbed, carjacked and murdered at the hands of the blacks.

I would be than willing to issue an apology for something that nobody in my white family had anything to do with,,, as soon as the rev jessie jackass comes on over and apologizes for my car being stolen in Norfolk, My 10 speed being stolen in Virginia beach, and the bullet that landed in my arse while walking down Granby street.

ok, no worry about the Granby street one, I took care of that in my own way. It wont happen again.

but the bike and the car?
I want an apology, and about 5700.00 bucks to cover the losses.

Until then phisssst.

how silly to even think of feeling guilt for something you didnt do to someone you didnt do it to.

only a weak brained low life scum sucking POS democrat with a load in his depends could even begin to suggest such a thing.