The persecution has begun

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
I have no problem with you posting your beliefs here whether I agree with them or not, and have sent ya karma validating that fact. This is a 'vehicle' for debate and discussion, so it's appropriate.

Walking up to a group of people on a street who choose to live a different lifestyle than you and calling them a bunch of sinning suckers, I'd think, would be inappropriate. (Not that you'd do that ... but you know what I mean).
My cousin who died of AIDS was a homosexual and I told him it was sin. I would have been wrong not to. If he had listen to me when he was young before he was infected, he might be alive today. If a homosexual confronts me with homosexual behavior, I will proclaim my faith. I will try to be loving, but I will not give in.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
2ndAmendment said:
Maybe not, but both are protected under the First Amendment. There is not a guarantee in the Constitution against being offended.
I agree; no argument there. Unfortunately, much of society doesn't agree, and they file :bs: lawsuits when it happens and somehow, they win. :confused:

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
2ndAmendment said:
Don't think I called anyone a name. Proclaiming that homosexual behavior is sin is not un-Christianlike. To allow or encourage someone to continue in sin is a problem.

I wasn't referring to you calling anyone a name. I was speaking about the incident that I witnessed in NC. :ohwell:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
I agree; no argument there. Unfortunately, much of society doesn't agree, and they file :bs: lawsuits when it happens and somehow, they win. :confused:
That is one reason this country will suffer the wrath of God someday; I think in the not to distant future.

Fruitcake Lady

Who the Hell Cares?
Thank Pete that I converted to Peteza earlier this year. I would have hated to still have been a christian in this day and age. Much respect 2a for standing up for your beliefs even in such trying times for you christians. when it comes time to put the big yellow cross on your clothes and you get shipped off to one of those fancy working camps you will still be in my prayers :huggy:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
carolinagirl said:
I wasn't referring to you calling anyone a name. I was speaking about the incident that I witnessed in NC. :ohwell:
OK. NO harm, no foul. But the use of "you" brings the context into the current discussion rather than reflecting it elsewhere, so I was confused.

crabcake

2ndAmendment said:
My cousin who died of AIDS was a homosexual and I told him it was sin. I would have been wrong not to. If he had listen to me when he was young before he was infected, he might be alive today. If a homosexual confronts me with homosexual behavior, I will proclaim my faith. I will try to be loving, but I will not give in.
I'd be curious to see the stats for those inflicted with aids (i.e., how they got it ... shared/dirty needles, homosexual activity, or hetero sex with someone who already had it by other means).

Nevertheless, why were you "right" to tell him that? If he didn't believe it, who's to say you had that right? To say that because he was homosexual and got aids and that's why he died is pretty harsh and assumptive. I've heard lots of stories about people who are hetero, live a decent life, work, and die the day after they retire. When it's your time, it's your time ... and since "God has a plan" why would you try to alter his plan?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Fruitcake Lady said:
Thank Pete that I converted to Peteza earlier this year. I would have hated to still have been a christian in this day and age. Much respect 2a for standing up for your beliefs even in such trying times for you christians. when it comes time to put the big yellow cross on your clothes and you get shipped off to one of those fancy working camps you will still be in my prayers :huggy:
Thanks, but praying to Peteza won't help. And, if things don't change, I probably will be shipped off or killed for my faith. The Bible says Christians will be persecuted in the last days. It will be illegal for Christians to work or buy or sell anything; mark of the beast and all that.

nomoney

2ndAmendment said:
Thanks, but praying to Peteza won't help. And, if things don't change, I probably will be shipped off or killed for my faith. The Bible says Christians will be persecuted in the last days. It will be illegal for Christians to work or buy or sell anything; mark of the beast and all that.

I'm sure they'll still be allowed in the forums though :yay:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
I'd be curious to see the stats for those inflicted with aids (i.e., how they got it ... shared/dirty needles, homosexual activity, or hetero sex with someone who already had it by other means).

Nevertheless, why were you "right" to tell him that? If he didn't believe it, who's to say you had that right? To say that because he was homosexual and got aids and that's why he died is pretty harsh and assumptive. I've heard lots of stories about people who are hetero, live a decent life, work, and die the day after they retire. When it's your time, it's your time ... and since "God has a plan" why would you try to alter his plan?
He told me in a conversation that he was queer. That was his word. As I remember it, he said, "I'm queer as a $3 bill. I suck dxxxx." So I witness to him what the Bible said about homosexuals. He and I were still friends. He went his way. I went mine. He died of AIDS and so did his long time homosexual partner. It was plain that one of them had been "unfaithful" or done something to contract it, but they both did and they both died. It is not God's plan for anyone to sin or to be lost. It is our free will to choose to obey God or not. Not obeying God is sin.

crabcake

2ndAmendment said:
He told me in a conversation that he was queer. That was his word. As I remember it, he said, "I'm queer as a $3 bill. I suck dxxxx." So I witness to him what the Bible said about homosexuals. He and I were still friends. He went his way. I went mine. He died of AIDS and so did his long time homosexual partner. It was plain that one of them had been "unfaithful" or done something to contract it, but they both did and they both died. It is not God's plan for anyone to sin or to be lost. It is our free will to choose to obey God or not. Not obeying God is sin.
I'm not doubting that he was gay. But even Christians get aids. Regardless of how one contracts aids, the end result is the same.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
nomoney said:
:shrug: hey the free section isnt all that bad. beggers can't be choosers now can they?
ISP - Internet Service Provider. Even with free dialup ISPs you have to have a phone and a Christian won't be able to have one of those either.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
I'm not doubting that he was gay. But even Christians get aids. Regardless of how one contracts aids, the end result is the same.
Not quite when you consider the afterlife.

nomoney

2ndAmendment said:
ISP - Internet Service Provider. Even with free dialup ISPs you have to have a phone and a Christian won't be able to have one of those either.

Library homie.....all of us already prosectuted for our welfare beliefs go there :yay:

crabcake

2ndAmendment said:
Not quite when you consider the afterlife.
Again, IF you believe in the after life ... not everyone believes the same things you do. I have no right saying your beliefs are wrong; but likewise, you have no right saying mine or your cousin's beliefs are wrong either.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
The right to free speech ends where harassment begins.
Verbally assaulting someone in public, getting up into their face and blocking their way is not anyone's right. The right to intimidate or harass is not guaranteed by the Constitution.

And I give myself the right to punch them right in the nose. Might go to jail for it... but I'm ok with that.

There is also the right to peacefully assemble.
Based on what I read in this article and in the other thread, these Christians were interfering with the rights of the homosexuals to assemble peacefully. That's why they got arrested.

They could have been shouting hate speech or Christian speech. The result probably would have been the same.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
crabcake said:
Again, IF you believe in the after life ... not everyone believes the same things you do. I have no right saying your beliefs are wrong; but likewise, you have no right saying mine or your cousin's beliefs are wrong either.
Actually, you both have that right.
But depending on what methods you use to say it, well... you may not have that right. :wink: