The persecution has begun

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Oh, and furthermore...the majority of bible thumpers, regardless of their organization, is pointing fingers at each other saying you're worshipping the wrong god, the wrong way, and you're going to hell. Well, ya' know what? You can't all be right, so you must all be wrong.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Tonio said:
While I understand that, my point is that it doesn't come across like that. It comes across like the fundamentalists are personally angry with the people they judge to be sinners. In your description of your conversation with your brother, it sounded like you were angry with him for being gay, and that you yourself (not God) were condemning him to hell. I don't know what your brother thought, but I can imagine him thinking that you didn't love him anymore. That is my point--fundamentalism seems to describe God's love as conditional.
People apparently don't read well or they are so caught up in wanting to refute what is said they don't bother to.

It was my cousin (it would not have matter if it had been my brother). He was 19 or 20 at the time. He volunteered he was queer. I told him what the Bible said. He and I continued to be friends. He later died of AIDS. :ohwell:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Oh, and furthermore...the majority of bible thumpers, regardless of their organization, is pointing fingers at each other saying you're worshipping the wrong god, the wrong way, and you're going to hell. Well, ya' know what? You can't all be right, so you must all be wrong.
I know you are wrong.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
2ndAmendment said:
I know you are wrong.

What about the catholics? Jews? Baptists? Jehovahs Witness? Buddhists? Seventh Day Adventists? Lutherans?

Are they wrong, too?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Further discussion. You are definitely correct that there is far too much bickering between the different denominations.

Christy

b*tch rocket
:offtopic:

But the coolest kind or Christian, is what I watched about a Catholic Priest who has spent decades in Afghanistan feeding and sheltering the hungry and disenfranchised. He never made conversion to Christianity a requirement, he actually never preached it to anyone who showed up at his place, but he managed to convert many many Muslims to Christianity merely by his good deeds and kindness. The Muslims were intrigued and moved by the generosity and kindness.

I need to see if I can find his story.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Christy said:

But the coolest kind or Christian, is what I watched about a Catholic Priest who has spent decades in Afghanistan feeding and sheltering the hungry and disenfranchised. He never made conversion to Christianity a requirement, he actually never preached it to anyone who showed up at his place, but he managed to convert many many Muslims to Christianity merely by his good deeds and kindness. The Muslims were intrigued and moved by the generosity and kindness.

Now THAT'S someone who I'd like to talk to. :clap: I think I've heard about him too when the war stuff was going on heavy over there.

Toxick

Splat
Christy said:

I'd like to read that story.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
elaine said:
What about the catholics? Jews? Baptists? Jehovahs Witness? Buddhists? Seventh Day Adventists? Lutherans?

Are they wrong, too?
If a person believes in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord they are forgiven. If they don't, they are not. It is as simple as that.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Christy said:

I am very glad for Christians like him.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
2ndAmendment said:
If a person believes in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord they are forgiven. If they don't, they are not. It is as simple as that.

Nice way to skirt around answering the question.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
2ndAmendment said:
MY BELIEF IS THAT if a person believes in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord they are forgiven. If they don't, they are not. It is as simple as that.
When you want someone to be open to your beliefs, they should be stated as such. I like you as a person, 2A, but what you write on here comes across as if you see yourself as God, and that doesn't help your efforts to "spread the word" in the least.

AMP

Jersey attitude.
2ndAmendment said:

According to you, no it isn't! Your cousin probably beleived in Christ, but he decided to become gay anyway. And you are sure he has been damned.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
AMP said:
Well, I'll take that any day. :smile: I admire that you have the courage of your convictions, 2ndA.
:yeahthat: I agree...
and I've enjoyed my conversations with 2A.
I think sometimes on here, he puts people on the defensive with how he says it, not with what he says.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
The more the people who profess that they don't believe in the Bible protest what I post, the more I know that they are taking offense at God and not me. Nothing I have posted can be refuted by anything in the Bible. I will put my trust in God and His word over anything man has to offer from man's wisdom. I haven't posted anything here (except personal experience) that cannot be found in the Bible and was not preached by Jesus and the disciples. Heck, the people of their time killed them. I should expect to catch stuff from people that don't believe the Bible.