the Ruddy Duck

cdsulhoff

Hi cdsulhoff!!!

It was definitely a big mistake to charge you $ 10 for rum and Cola. We do use Bacardi Gold as rail but we made a mistake when we loaded the price in the POS.
Please come back and the next Rum and Cola will be on the house.
Thanks to all of you that have posted about your experiences. We do have a lot to improve and learn. We did mess up a couple of tables tonight and it's our fault, but everybody is trying hard...

We will soon have our private dining room open to the public, so for those of you that don't like loud environments we will have a much quieter room.

See you soon!!!

Thank you,
I figure it had to be a mistake. I'll still be in for dinner from time to time. Overall you all did a wonderful job. And should be very proud of your staff for doing a awesome job on their first day. I have seen opening days go Thu the tubes and back because servers and kitchen staff cracked under pressure!! LOL

Now are you going to have a Sear duck entree soon? I had a seared duck last night in DC and I have to say OMG!!! That was good. It has sliced cooked figs and hazelnuts on top of the slice duck. For some reason I thought you would have duck.

Last edited:
Thank you,
I figure it had to be a mistake. I'll still be in for dinner from time to time.

Now are you going to have a Sear duck entree soon? I had a seared duck last night in DC and I have to say OMG!!! That was good. It has sliced cooked figs and hazelnuts on top of the slice duck. For some reason I thought you would have duck.

:yikes: Cook and serve their trademark characters???? :faint:

Beta84

They're out to get us
:yikes: Cook and serve their trademark characters???? :faint:

I was about to say -- Chick-Fil-A doesn't serve up cow! They sat EAT MOR CHIKIN!

There is duck on the menu though (I think), just not what cd is lookin for. At least I thought I saw some sort of entree with duck included. BBQ duck maybe?

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
Thank you,
I figure it had to be a mistake. I'll still be in for dinner from time to time. Overall you all did a wonderful job. And should be very proud of your staff for doing a awesome job on their first day. I have seen opening days go Thu the tubes and back because servers and kitchen staff cracked under pressure!! LOL

I saw a few things on the menu that had duck.

snuzzy

Tried to go there the other night. We thought it wouldn't be too crowded on a week night. We were seated right away, but by the time we got to our table, my husband decided to leave, way too noisy. He explained to the hostess why we were leaving and she said "yea, you should try working here every night". The noise just seems to bounce off the walls, I've never been any where like it.

Betalover

Tried to go there the other night. We thought it wouldn't be too crowded on a week night. We were seated right away, but by the time we got to our table, my husband decided to leave, way too noisy. He explained to the hostess why we were leaving and she said "yea, you should try working here every night". The noise just seems to bounce off the walls, I've never been any where like it.

I hope Beta takes me there soon

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!

I think they plan on opening up the Private room for a quieter setting.

carlosruddyduck

Hi Snuzzy,

I'm very sorry to hear that.
People are so exited about the "DUCK" that tend to be loud...
Our private dinning room in now open, so please ask the hostess for that room when you get there.
Please ask for me I would like to buy you some drinks or an entree.
Things are going very well. Yesterday we tapped the new Golden Ale but we are now out of the Belgium Wheat.
We are six days from tapping our first IPA and our Belgium Dubble and Porter will be ready very soon too. Yesterday we brewed our second batch of wheat it will be ready in two weeks.
Cheers!!!
Carlos

Mojo

Hi Snuzzy,

I'm very sorry to hear that.
People are so exited about the "DUCK" that tend to be loud...
Our private dinning room in now open, so please ask the hostess for that room when you get there.
Please ask for me I would like to buy you some drinks or an entree.
Things are going very well. Yesterday we tapped the new Golden Ale but we are now out of the Belgium Wheat.
We are six days from tapping our first IPA and our Belgium Dubble and Porter will be ready very soon too. Yesterday we brewed our second batch of wheat it will be ready in two weeks.
Cheers!!!
Carlos

We went there this afternoon after we finished playing golf and had a great time :buddies:

OoberBoober

Awwwwooooooooo
I've been to the ruddy duck 3 times now. I <3 crafted beer so having a brewery in SoMD is awesome. I've toured the entire beer list now. The oak stout is one of a kind, very unique and delicious. I've had the Spaten twice now and both times I had a pretty different experience. I dunno if they were different brews or what but the second spaten i had was distinctly different is both flavor and darkness, delicious both times. The pilsner tasted just like a pilsner should, as did the wit. However I would like to see a larger selection of dark craft beers. The Ruddy specific beers are almost all light, hop focused beers: The pilsner, the IPA, the Wit, etc. If you could produce a good brown or amber ale, you would have a customer in me for at least the year while I am up here. The entire dark selection is guest beer, and while having two stouts might be a little over kill. Maybe you should rotate the stouts to free up some room for some more variety it your dark beer selection.

The food was good, yet unimportant compared to the beer.