The rude/obnoxious people thread

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
Yea, like the other day I walked into a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=book%20store" onmouseover="window.status='book store'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">book store</a> and asked the lady where the self help section was and she said, if I told you wouldn't that be defeating the purpose??????

haha. That's awesome. :killingme

Haley

Working for a living...
Rude/Obnoxious People

Everyone who calls my work and calls back again because they called "a half hour ago" when in reality it was 3 minutes and tell us we aren't doing our job. Maybe they aren't doing their job as a concerned citizen, or just a decent citizen...UGH.

SamSpade

It never ceases to amaze me all these laws about this tech and that tech and how we can't live without it because of an emergency :blahblah: Our species must have been on the brink of extinction before we invented all this crap. :jameo:

I was well aware of the laws - I read about them when I heard of commuter buses jamming them. I can't for the life of me imagine how, if there was an emergency on a bus how jamming would imperil anyone, since they all have phones, connections to emergency vehicles and in an emergency, they'd be stopping.

And you're right about the extinction remark - a mere 12-15 years ago, hardly anyone I knew carried one. If you had an emergency - a real one, and not a "we're out of beer" kind of emergency - you had regular phones and payphones and like I said, you can go outside.

I think the law should allow for such a situation if the blocking of signals is publicly acknowledged, because it's absurd to expect people to behave on the "honor system" as any patron of the movies can well attest. If you don't at least have the right to eject someone for violating your rule, you should be able to prohibit it by other means. No one should have the "right" to a phone while in my establishment.

RadioCtrlDWife

I was well aware of the laws - I read about them when I heard of commuter buses jamming them. I can't for the life of me imagine how, if there was an emergency on a bus how jamming would imperil anyone, since they all have phones, connections to emergency vehicles and in an emergency, they'd be stopping.

And you're right about the extinction remark - a mere 12-15 years ago, hardly anyone I knew carried one. If you had an emergency - a real one, and not a "we're out of beer" kind of emergency - you had regular phones and payphones and like I said, you can go outside.

I think the law should allow for such a situation if the blocking of signals is publicly acknowledged, because it's absurd to expect people to behave on the "honor system" as any patron of the movies can well attest. If you don't at least have the right to eject someone for violating your rule, you should be able to prohibit it by other means. No one should have the "right" to a phone while in my establishment.
Sir,
With all due respect the airwaves in your establishment belong to the general public as much as the air the people are breathing. You have no proprietary rights over the spectrum on you property. Sorry, that is the law.
As to the commuter bus; If that bus was in the US or it's territories, the bus operator committed a felony by actively jamming signals on it. That is also the law.
As to the need for cell service on the bus, consider the bus on the MN bridge at the precipice and about to tip into the water. A call to 911 from a passenger imperiled would be useful to say the least.
Emergency service is such a vital mission of the cellular service that any phone, regardless if it is "active' in terms of service plan can call 911 anytime.
Have a Five Bar Sunday!
Bill Signal Bars R Us
EDIT I noticed this thread on my geek forum NYT $11,000 FCC fine for Jammer use

Last edited:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I have no respect for this at all :shrug:

you are saying that because of the rude people, i (who am not rude, at least in terms of cellphone usage lmao) should not be able to use a service I pay for? Especially when emergencies can happen at any second and someone needs to get ahold of you, this makes no sense.

I guess we better just ban driving too because people are pretty damn rude out there on those roads...

at the very least i guess stereos in cars should be banned cuz of those dang ricers blastin their subs and shakin all their fiberglass around huh? i mean, you obviously can't trust anyone else to use a stereo responsibly....

see where i'm going with this...?

AND

:killingme at the "self help" thing lol

Chain729

CageKicker Extraordinaire
I have no respect for this at all :shrug:

you are saying that because of the rude people, i (who am not rude, at least in terms of cellphone usage lmao) should not be able to use a service I pay for? Especially when emergencies can happen at any second and someone needs to get ahold of you, this makes no sense.

[snip]

You don't pay the grocery store to use the cell phone. I don't get reception at work because I work in a metal building. By your logic, I should be up in arms with the Navy over that. Or how about the places at work that I'm not allowed to take it? Guess I should be mad about having my non-existant rights to that being violated too :duh: And, as I said before you'll do exactly what people did 10 years ago when not everyone had a cell phone. You existed before everyone had them, you'll exist for an hour without it. Stop crying.

Jamming cell signals is illegal and is a felony federal offense, because jamming works against the public interest in emergencies.
Even State law enforcement agencies may not jam cell signals. Only the Military may lawfully deliberately jam in the USA.
Jamming is against the public interest is because it blocks a citizen's access to 911. Emergency communications service at anytime trounces inconveniences caused by RUDE cell phone users.
The establishment is free to set regulations as to the use of the phones or prohibit people from bring them inside.
If you endorse jamming, I suggest checking the many great courses offered by University of Moscow EE department-- they are the world's technology leaders in jamming information against the public interest.
Have a Five Bar Saturday,
Bill Signal Bars R Us
Ok then don't jam them, block them. There are many stores and buildings that I noticed you can't get a signal in. If you need to talk on your phone, step outside if it's not too much trouble.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
To the A-hole that works at the Lusby Faststop, Eat a dink! Didn't say one word when ringing me up the other day. Not even the price when the transaction was complete, then leaves the 6 items I have on the counter just sitting there and walks away without bagging them or even asking if I wanted a bag.

Yes you are young and black and I am sure you are only working this job because you were discriminated against for the Rocket Scientist posistion, couldn't have anything to do with the fact you have no people skills and probably got below a 2.0 during your high school career. Way to perpetuate the bad stereotpe that young black men already have.

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
To the A-hole that works at the Lusby Faststop, Eat a dink! Didn't say one word when ringing me up the other day. Not even the price when the transaction was complete, then leaves the 6 items I have on the counter just sitting there and walks away without bagging them or even asking if I wanted a bag.

Yes you are young and black and I am sure you are only working this job because you were discriminated against for the Rocket Scientist posistion, couldn't have anything to do with the fact you have no people skills and probably got below a 2.0 during your high school career. Way to perpetuate the bad stereotpe that young black men already have.

I hate that. I would have called his ass back and asked for him to bag my items, then I would ask to speak to the manager. Speaking ot the manager is probably like speaking to the wall but at least I know I did something about it.

beamher

uh, did you say this to him while there????:whistle:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
uh, did you say this to him while there????:whistle:

No I was in uniform and don't want any bad publicity for my employer. What does it matter though, it is the same thing Bill Cosby has been saying and no one wants to listen to him.

beamher

No I was in uniform and don't want any bad publicity for my employer. What does it matter though, it is the same thing Bill Cosby has been saying and no one wants to listen to him.

it does matter; what's wrong with bringing it to his (and maybe, the managers) attention? yeah, it seems like a common sense thing to do with so many items, :shrug: but if he was improperly trained and no one never says anything it may get looked at as acceptable or the "don't give them a bag unless they ask".

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
it does matter; what's wrong with bringing it to his (and maybe, the managers) attention? yeah, it seems like a common sense thing to do with so many items, :shrug: but if he was improperly trained and no one never says anything it may get looked at as acceptable or the "don't give them a bag unless they ask".

Gimme a break, need to be trained??! It is common Effing sense to speak to someone you are waiting on and if they have more than 2 items I would expect to at least be asked if I wanted a bag. And how do explain him not telling me what I owed?

No more excuses, no more help. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. His life is going to be filled with jobs where he is going to have to learn to put things in bags so he better get use to it.

beamher

and yes, i understand some of the things that Bill says, but you are part of the problem, speak up, that's part of the problem, no one wants to correct kids. don't blame it on the uniform--whether in or out you should be able to get a bag. maybe, the kid would have apoligized and corrected his mistake.

and no i don't correct a kid everytime (some of them, like at McDonalds, i feel like i'm wasting my breath).:lmao: but there are some who need/want a nudge, or push. let's stop putting all of them in a box.

E

(((echo)))

Gimme a break, need to be trained??! It is common Effing sense to speak to someone you are waiting on and if they have more than 2 items I would expect to at least be asked if I wanted a bag. And how do explain him not telling me what I owed?

No more excuses, no more help. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. His life is going to be filled with jobs where he is going to have to learn to put things in bags so he better get use to it.

maybe you had B.O. and he needed to leave the area quickly :lol:

beamher

didn't see that -- what i do is just stand there and/or i'll say "what's my total". yeah, i did mention common sense, put he's a kid and i'll give him the benefit of the doubt (if it's the first time) he's thinking like a kid who probably would just grab the stuff and walk out and/or put it in his pockets.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
don't blame it on the uniform--whether in or out you should be able to get a bag. maybe, the kid would have apoligized and corrected his mistake.

That is not the part I wanted to say that had me worried about being in a uniform when I was there.

The bag part was the least of his mistakes, how do you explain waiting on someone with no verbal communication what so ever. It was like dealing with a caveman, grunt and point.