The View Hot Takes

herb749

One has to have a useful skill with a job waiting, or have sufficient resources to not be a drag on Canadian social services in order for Canada to let you emigrate.

If we can have some Canadian home improvement shows, they take The View off our hands.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If we can have some Canadian home improvement shows, they take The View off our hands.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Alyssa Farah Griffin, Republican cohost of ABC’s “The View,” was talking about women attacking other women when cohost Ana Navarro interrupted her to make a snide comment about former White House adviser Kellyanne Conway — immediately proving Griffin’s point.

Griffin made the comments during Monday’s broadcast of the midday talk show — which, with the exception of guests, is entirely hosted by women — and she argued that women still have room for improvement when it comes to supporting each other and having each other’s backs.

WATCH:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘The View’ is the biggest source of misinformation in America

NewsBusters’ Nicholas Fondacaro crunched the numbers and found the show delivered 36 legal notes in 2022 alone. The list, which he provided exclusively to The Post, includes apologies and clarifications on everything from claiming Ivanka Trump was at the Capitol Jan. 6 (she wasn’t) to complaining Russian soprano Anna Netrebko hadn’t denounced the Ukraine war (she had) to insisting Supreme Court Justices Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh were “credibly accused” of “sexual harassment and sexual assault.”

Notice a pattern there? There’s no “intelligent debate” on “The View,” as Walters intended — just reckless lies about people on the right.

Thomas’ wife Ginni was the most frequent target of misinformation, resulting in five legal notices alone. The hosts repeatedly said she led a mob to storm the Capitol — though she was never there. But the co-hosts couldn’t even resist undermining the corrections. Goldberg interjected during readings, “What else is she going to say?” and “Y’all know that’s not true!”

SamSpade

When Walters died recently - they showed old openings for "The View" where Walters begins "I've always wanted to host a show with women of different backgrounds and different generations who have different views".

Yeah, see how that turned out.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
When Walters died recently - they showed old openings for "The View" where Walters begins "I've always wanted to host a show with women of different backgrounds and different generations who have different views".

Yeah, see how that turned out.
They could call that show the collective or the hive mind. Different views get shouted down on that show.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

When Idiocy and Lies Collide: Whoopi and Swalwell Dismiss Biden's Classified Docs Scandal With Ridiculous Theory

Swalwell kicked off the clown show by doing what he does best: pushing a debunked lie. The often-ridiculed congressman began by surprisingly suggesting a special counsel should be named, before spewing a complete crock of crap, as reported by NewsBusters:

So, I think this case – and special counsel, I think, is absolutely appropriate. This case will hinge on his knowledge and intent. It looks like once he was aware of this, he did what I hope everyone would do which was get the documents back to the government, cooperate in every meaningful way.
I know it’s natural to compare this to what the former President has done where it looks like he wanted to keep the documents and is litigating that and fighting it in the courts. What worries me with President Trump is someone who was willing to leverage $350 million of taxpayer money to get dirt on his opponent, as he did with the Ukrainians. If he has top secret documents in his possession, that he could leverage that for his own benefit.

Let’s summarize, as Swalwell sees it: Trump kept classified documents at Mar-a-Lago with the intent of selling them to America’s enemies.

Just one problem.

As even the Washington Post reported in November, federal agents and prosecutors believe Trump’s motive for allegedly taking and keeping classified documents was largely his ego — and a desire to keep the documents as trophies or mementos, according to people familiar with the matter.

In other words, Swally, your lie was debunked by federal agents two months or more ago.

No matter. Whoopi then waxed idiotic about her take on the scandal which, as she sees it, really isn’t a scandal at all. Why not? Because she believes (she claims, anyway) that Joe’s classified documents weren’t classified at all. What were they, instead? Baking or cooking recipes. No, really.

Emphasis, mine:

[T]his idea that the law is going to look and see — because we talk about it like we know that the documents are classified. We don’t know what’s in those boxes.
We have no idea what’s in those boxes and I want the law to look and say, ‘Man, this is recipes from some stuff he was trying to do with her,” and, you know.
Because I believe that every president has boxes full of stuff that at one point might have been, you know, classified, but you don’t take the stuff where it’s still hot.

herb749

When Idiocy and Lies Collide: Whoopi and Swalwell Dismiss Biden's Classified Docs Scandal With Ridiculous Theory

Swalwell kicked off the clown show by doing what he does best: pushing a debunked lie. The often-ridiculed congressman began by surprisingly suggesting a special counsel should be named, before spewing a complete crock of crap, as reported by NewsBusters:

Let’s summarize, as Swalwell sees it: Trump kept classified documents at Mar-a-Lago with the intent of selling them to America’s enemies.

Just one problem.

As even the Washington Post reported in November, federal agents and prosecutors believe Trump’s motive for allegedly taking and keeping classified documents was largely his ego — and a desire to keep the documents as trophies or mementos, according to people familiar with the matter.

In other words, Swally, your lie was debunked by federal agents two months or more ago.

No matter. Whoopi then waxed idiotic about her take on the scandal which, as she sees it, really isn’t a scandal at all. Why not? Because she believes (she claims, anyway) that Joe’s classified documents weren’t classified at all. What were they, instead? Baking or cooking recipes. No, really.

Emphasis, mine:

You know, baking & cooking recipes for making nuclear weapons . :faint:

Hijinx

The View is the best argument against the 19th. Amendment that now exists.

That might bring a little heat on me LOL

SamSpade

Did you ever see models of the Ptolemaic epicycle motion of the planets?
1674138492267.png

This happened when astronomers noticed that planets appeared to go BACKWARD in its position with respect to Earth.
They had most of the major planets doing little Spirograph curly cues and when THAT didn't explain it enough, they'd ADD more cycles WITHIN cycles again and again.

ALL BECAUSE they didn't want to admit as the truth what made the most sense, was staring right in front of them and they had the mathematical wisdom to KNOW it made more sense - the Earth went around the Sun.

My older sister as a baby would get adamant when she insisted that the DOG pooped in her diapers, and simply didn't get the utter impossibility of it.

Sometimes, you just gotta admit what is obvious - Biden took the documents, had them at home, used them for whatever he needed them for - and like a lot of politicians, just figured no one would bother looking for them. He didn't document visitors to his home or think tank, because he didn't want people to know (and not because he was just careless or didn't believe it mattered - if you have classified material somewhere, you treat it like plutonium - you don't just let anyone near it). The nature of the content of the documents suggest they COULD conceivably have some very damning information, and he thought it best to keep them close rather than some dusty National Archive.

I'm sure Trump did exactly the same thing, except he believed he had 100% right to them and believed he had declassified them, making it perfectly legitimate for him to have. Again, the leaked nature of the contents suggest, he was keeping them as insurance or proof, later on. When DOJ came politiely knocking, he told them eff you, they're mine and it's my right. Having none of that, they busted down his door and took them anyway.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Joy Behar Falsely Claims the DA Prosecuting Alec Baldwin is a Republican

“I’m only saying this because Alec Baldwin is a target for Republicans. They cannot stand him, OK? I’m just saying”

FOX News reports:

Joy Behar suggests charging Alec Baldwin in ‘Rust’ shooting was political: He’s ‘a target for Republicans’
ABC’s “The View” co-host Joy Behar suggested Friday that actor Alec Baldwin was criminally charged over the accidental on-set killing of a cinematographer because of his liberal politics.
During Friday’s episode of the daytime talk show, Behar was unsure whether Baldwin deserved being charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and claimed that the person who indicted him is a “big Republican.”
“The DA who is indicting him — or whatever the legal term is right now — she’s a big Republican. I’m only saying this because Alec Baldwin is a target for Republicans. They cannot stand him, OK? I’m just saying,” Behar said.