The winner of the "Your name must be Richard, cause ....

gretchen

I had someone once again stop in front of Little Flower,right in middle of the road,and wave all 6 buses out. Traffic quickly backed up all the way down to the light by Brass Rail. I was way back,but offered a courtesy finger once I caught up.:razz:

Last edited:

molly_21

This morning when I was coming to work and I was going a little above the speed limit a vehicle (which ended up being a tan F-150) was tailgating me to get me to move (since there is sooooooo much traffic at 515am). Anyway, once everything was said and done, guess who ended up on base first!! I never understood people who feel they need to tailgate and weave in and out of traffic and in some cases (like this example) myself or others end up getting on base before or at the same time. I used to see a blue F-150 (it seems to be pick on F-150 owners posting) with an aftermarket tailgate with a Dallas Cowboy star on the back that does the same thing and 80% of the time we would still get to gate one at the same time and in some cases I would get through the gate first because I get into the left lane while this guy gets in the right lane of gate one (before they open up the other two lanes).

This morning when I was coming to work and I was going a little above the speed limit a vehicle (which ended up being a tan F-150) was tailgating me to get me to move (since there is sooooooo much traffic at 515am). Anyway, once everything was said and done, guess who ended up on base first!! I never understood people who feel they need to tailgate and weave in and out of traffic and in some cases (like this example) myself or others end up getting on base before or at the same time. I used to see a blue F-150 (it seems to be pick on F-150 owners posting) with an aftermarket tailgate with a Dallas Cowboy star on the back that does the same thing and 80% of the time we would still get to gate one at the same time and in some cases I would get through the gate first because I get into the left lane while this guy gets in the right lane of gate one (before they open up the other two lanes).
I don't consider the rule "left lane for passing only" to be logical for 235 in California and Great Mills. I don't see how anyone could expect it to hold true because of left hand exiting along the entire stretch both north and southbound.

luvmygdaughters

People coming into Leonardtown on Rt. 5 and making the right onto Rt. 234, always have to pass the ones coming out of Food Lion parking lot trying to merge onto Rt. 5. If I have my blinker on to come onto Rt. 5 there is always someone who has their blinker on to merge onto Rt. 234. Instead of blending in behind me which will enable me to merge out, they have to pass and come in front of me. Makes absolutely no sense.

molly_21

I don't consider the rule "left lane for passing only" to be logical for 235 in California and Great Mills. I don't see how anyone could expect it to hold true because of left hand exiting along the entire stretch both north and southbound.

I agree. When I leave work, people will automatically get into the far left lane even as far south as gate 2 so they can turn left into San Souci, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target, even as far down as wanting to go to Wildwood. So guess what, the middle lane ends up being the passing lane. Even in the morning people (I come from Calvert to the base) people will get into the left lane and do the same thing. In the mornings, I personally prefer to stay in the middle lane until around San Souci and then slowly try to merge to the left lane to get to gate one.

SG_Player1974

My most favorit-ist of the bunch are the bikers! These TOOLS will weave in and out of lanes, barrel down turn lanes, evade signal lights at intersections, cut people off.....

The funny part is that this has often coincided with Ripley on 97.7 doing his "Watch out for bike riders" PSA :lmao:

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My most favorit-ist of the bunch are the bikers! These TOOLS will weave in and out of lanes, barrel down turn lanes, evade signal lights at intersections, cut people off.....

The funny part is that this has often coincided with Ripley on 97.7 doing his "What out for bike riders" PSA :lmao:
Did you mean watch?

Pete

Repete
At the risk of sounding racist and sexist, which I am not, I have studied this left lane camping situation and found that a full 90% of the time it is a female of the Arfican American pursuation that is the culprit. They are just tooling along oblivious to the 3 mile back up behind them and even more oblivious to the people swerving around to the right to pass them and swing back left.

It is poor situational awareness or is it more the "Mutha - %$$#%$$ this is my cah, my lane and my time."

SoMDGirl42

At the risk of sounding racist and sexist, which I am not, I have studied this left lane camping situation and found that a full 90% of the time it is a female of the Arfican American pursuation that is the culprit. They are just tooling along oblivious to the 3 mile back up behind them and even more oblivious to the people swerving around to the right to pass them and swing back left.

It is poor situational awareness or is it more the "Mutha - %$$#%$$ this is my cah, my lane and my time."

entitlement mentality

dave1959

You know, I always wonder... You people who think you own the left lane... When Someone is holding you up ... Why not just go around them ??? That's what we right lane drivers do , never found it to be a problem...

Amused_despair

If the person in the left lane is going the speed limit than they have every right to be in that lane even if the law states that slower traffic stay to the right, because how can you legally go faster than the speed limit?

Pete

Repete
You know, I always wonder... You people who think you own the left lane... When Someone is holding you up ... Why not just go around them ??? That's what we right lane drivers do , never found it to be a problem...

That works fine when the right lane is open. However when someone is in the right lane going 53 with the cruise control locksed and a death grip on the wheel and the left lane person is door to door with them for 12 miles how are you going to go around?

Im_Me

You seem to be repeatedly repeating this thought. While logical enough, you are patently missing thepoint. If someone is driving slowly in the left lane and the right lane is open, I'm happy to pass them on the right. It's when you have a car in the right lane going whatever speed they want AND a car in the left lane pretty much matching that speed that things get really screwed up! That's when fingers fly.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

Attachments

• 1962786_10152293236063716_3997871938726776320_n.jpg
    1962786_10152293236063716_3997871938726776320_n.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 123