The winner of the "Your name must be Richard, cause ....

glhs837

Power with Control
If the person in the left lane is going the speed limit than they have every right to be in that lane even if the law states that slower traffic stay to the right, because how can you legally go faster than the speed limit?

I have every legal right to be a dickhead a million times a day in various ways, but I work to avoid those ways, and think of my fellow drivers. Why does it have to be "Screw you, since the law isnt forcing me to be courteous, I'll be a dick!" ? Courtesy shouldnt have to be forced by law.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have every legal right to be a dickhead a million times a day in various ways, but I work to avoid those ways, and think of my fellow drivers. Why does it have to be "Screw you, since the law isnt forcing me to be courteous, I'll be a dick!" ? Courtesy shouldnt have to be forced by law.

:yeahthat: Amen to that, brother!

dave1959

That works fine when the right lane is open. However when someone is in the right lane going 53 with the cruise control locksed and a death grip on the wheel and the left lane person is door to door with them for 12 miles how are you going to go around?

You seem to be repeatedly repeating this thought. While logical enough, you are patently missing thepoint. If someone is driving slowly in the left lane and the right lane is open, I'm happy to pass them on the right. It's when you have a car in the right lane going whatever speed they want AND a car in the left lane pretty much matching that speed that things get really screwed up! That's when fingers fly.

So, what you both are saying is that when everyone around you is going the same speed, what ever that would be, they need to get the hell out of your way because you have the right to go as fast as you want and no one should stand in your way...Right ..maybe its you that is the dick....

gretchen

My most favorit-ist of the bunch are the bikers! These TOOLS will weave in and out of lanes, barrel down turn lanes, evade signal lights at intersections, cut people off.....

The funny part is that this has often coincided with Ripley on 97.7 doing his "Watch out for bike riders" PSA :lmao:

I agree with this! I don't worry about them,they should understand physics enough to watch out for me. Next time one starts hauling ass in the next lane,throw your signal on. Scares the #### out of them.

luvmygdaughters

I've noticed when driving in the left (fast) lane, no matter how fast I'm going, there is always some jerkwagon that wants to go faster. When I merge onto N/B Rt. 5 at the Wawa, I stay in the fast lane until I make a left onto Rt. 6. My average speed, keeping up with traffic, is 65 to 67. But, and you can see them coming in the rearview mirror, theres a person in big ass hurry cause they couldn't get their butts out of bed, doing 75, who isn't happy until they're riding my bumper. I just keep my speed and let them pass me. We usually wind up at the light together anyway. My point is, no matter how fast you go, someone's always going to want to go faster.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, what you both are saying is that when everyone around you is going the same speed, what ever that would be, they need to get the hell out of your way because you have the right to go as fast as you want and no one should stand in your way...Right ..maybe its you that is the dick....

You know, if you have to deliberately misstate the other guys position, that's a good sign, your argument cant stand on it's own. Positing (and this is a stretch right off the bat), that all traffic in a given area is all travelling the same speed, the one person trying to bull through that bunch is being discourteous. If you and one other car are side by side on 235 in Hollywood, and are travelling the same speed side by side, unless there are extenuating circumstances like an upcoming left turn, you should really be over in that lane with the person whose going at the same speed you are going.

Grumpy

Miss the point much?? Here's yer sign...

Pete

Repete
If I want to go around you because you are doing 53 I do have that right. I also have the right to go 60 if I accept the risk of doing so. Aside from that I just may be a dick but I am a significantly less a dick than someone who rides in the left lane pacing a car in the right while traffic piles up behind them.

glhs837

Power with Control
If I want to go around you because you are doing 53 I do have that right. I also have the right to go 60 if I accept the risk of doing so. Aside from that I just may be a dick but I am a significantly less a dick than someone who rides in the left lane pacing a car in the right while traffic piles up behind them.

Just to be clear, Pete is apparently bragging that he's a smaller dick......

BernieP

Resident PIA
You know, I always wonder... You people who think you own the left lane... When Someone is holding you up ... Why not just go around them ??? That's what we right lane drivers do , never found it to be a problem...

because not every driver was born and raised in Murryland and in some states you are not suppose to pass on the right (and it does apply to just the shoulder of the road).

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Talk about 'Big Brass Ones!" Ho-ree Sritt!.
All it would take though, is someone opening a car door to, say, dump out a cold cup of coffee; or someone just opening the door because they see this nut coming, to ruin his day.

He's in trouble as of Feb '13 http://rt.com/news/black-devil-moscow-driver-723/

"Moscow police have arrested a reckless driver after he gave himself away by bragging about his impunity online. The self-styled 'Black Devil' uploaded videos where he exceeds the speed limit, crosses to oncoming lanes and ignores traffic lights.

The suspect, identified by police as a 21-year-old student Nikolay Mustafin, was detained early Friday morning as he was driving a Black Porsche Cayenne Turbo without a or plates."

Vince

I would like me a muscle car. I would look good in a muscle car. I would hurt myself driving a motorcycle. I fall down walking.

I really don't drive all that fast. I just want to go the speed I want to go. Also, I believe in the sanctity of the "rules of the road". Don't hold me up in the left lane and don't tailgate me in the right lane.

Simple as that.
This is the car I've always wanted, but if I had it today, it wouldn't leave the garage much. '70 Chevelle SS.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
Ah, yes, with eletrics by Lucas, "Inventors of Darkness", as a former coworker with a cracklike adddiction to British motor cars used to say.