This is for you rraley

rraley

Originally posted by Pete
You are a hypocrit in that you continue to scratch the scab off the non issue of Bushes Guard service, yet you genuflect to an 8X10 glossy of Clinton everynight before you put on your donkey jammies and crawl between your ALGore sheets.

And another thing while I am on a roll. Having Obama deliver the keynote speech at the DNC is pure showmanship. Trot out the black guy and let mean old whitey see how litterate he is and rally the black vote. Since when has a state senator from the midwest ever had the clout in the DNC to be the keynote speaker at the national convention. You liberals call us bigots yet you play the race card like professionals. UFB I believe we have 1, ONE, UNO race in this country AMERICANS, some are better citizens than others but we are all equal...period, not equal with considerations.

I am just saying that there is a difference Pete. There's a decorated Navy veteran with three Purple Hearts and a silver star and there's a former member of the National Guard on the ballot. John Kerry saw combat and knows war - George Bush never served in combat neither did Vice President Cheney, Secretary Rumsfeld or Deputy Secretary Wolfowitz. If I were in the military (which I may be some day), I would not want to have leadership that had never done what I was doing and as such could not understand what I was doing as well as someone who had gone through it. (the whole genuflect thing and the Al Gore covers was pretty funny though I must say).

Now, I cannot believe that you just claimed that the Democratic Party was using blacks and minorities because we "trot" them out. Once again, hypocrisy, Pete. Did you watch the 2000 Republican National Convention? The GOP trotted out J.C. Watts, Colin Powell, Condelezza Rice, and others. Now I didn't think that that was bigotry in action; I just thought that they wanted to show diversity within their party (but if I used your wonderful, misguided logic, I would be calling Republicans bigots right now). This 2004 Democratic National Convention is 40% minority and the reason that state Senator Barack Obama was chosen to be the keynote speaker was because he has already proven his exceptional speaking abilities in his campaign for the Senate. If you talk to Illinois Democrats of all races and backgrounds, you would know that people there are so excited about voting for this man in November. He is a rising star in the party. Why shouldn't he have been the keynote speaker? Should it have been Dick Gephardt? Who would you suggest?

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Dixie
No reason to go Pete and this once stimulating exchange has become boring. "Have a fine Navy day"! Later...
Terrible when you try to sow pearls of demogog ideology and get slapped down and owned at every attempt. I could call you more names if it would liven things up. :shrug:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by rraley
If I were in the military (which I may be some day), I would not want to have leadership that had never done what I was doing and as such could not understand what I was doing as well as someone who had gone through it.
You mean like Abraham Lincoln, Harry Truman, Franklin Roosevelt, all of which were war time Presidents yet never wore a uniform. Oh yea William Jefferson Clinton, forgot him.

Please do not forget President Bush has ALREADY been CINC for 4 years.

(the whole genuflect thing and the Al Gore covers was pretty funny though I must say).
I thought so too.

Now, I cannot believe that you just claimed that the Democratic Party was using blacks and minorities because we "trot" them out. Once again, hypocrisy, Pete. Did you watch the 2000 Republican National Convention? The GOP trotted out J.C. Watts,
4 Term United States Congressman

Colin Powell,
Former Chairman of the JCS during DS1 and future Secretary of State

Condelezza Rice,
Advisor to G.H Bush, a Doctorate in International affairs and future National Security Advisor

I see how Obama the 3 term (2 year term) state senator from Illinois is a mover and a shaker compared to those 3.

Should it have been Dick Gephardt? Who would you suggest?
I always like to listen to Carol Mosley Braun speak.

rraley

Advisor to G.H Bush, a Doctorate in International affairs and future National Security Advisor

Now I will say that J.C. Watts and Colin Powell were definitely qualified to speak, but if we used the same standards as the ones that you set aside for state Senator Obama, then Dr. Rice would not have spoken either. Notice how you said that Rice was a future National Secruity advisor...remember she was an up and comer just like Obama. She wasn't even an elected official...she was just a mere adviser. Crap, if all you have to do to be a speaker at a convention, then my God, almost anyone could speak. Furthermore, some reviewers of the book that Dr. Rice wrote said that she was not a good writer and didn't back her facts up as well as possible. Now, I say that a 6-term state senator, whose story is one of the best I have ever heard, who has sensational speaking abilities, who crushed the competition in the Democratic primary in Illinois, and who will be the next senator from Illinois, is very qualified to speak as our keynote addresser, and the entire nation saw that this young man represents the best about America. Bigotry? Keep spining that lie, buddy.

Pete

Repete
Now I will say that J.C. Watts and Colin Powell were definitely qualified to speak, but if we used the same standards as the ones that you set aside for state Senator Obama, then Dr. Rice would not have spoken either. Notice how you said that Rice was a future National Secruity advisor...remember she was an up and comer just like Obama. She wasn't even an elected official...she was just a mere adviser. Crap, if all you have to do to be a speaker at a convention, then my God, almost anyone could speak. Furthermore, some reviewers of the book that Dr. Rice wrote said that she was not a good writer and didn't back her facts up as well as possible. Now, I say that a 6-term state senator, whose story is one of the best I have ever heard, who has sensational speaking abilities, who crushed the competition in the Democratic primary in Illinois, and who will be the next senator from Illinois, is very qualified to speak as our keynote addresser, and the entire nation saw that this young man represents the best about America. Bigotry? Keep spining that lie, buddy.
Right and Dr. Rice was not the KEYNOTE speaker either now was she? You guys are the ones who tout "minorities", "minorities", "minorities". We just have Rebublicans :shrug: that some of them are black or hispanic is a coincedence.

BTW any party who would let a letch like Al Sparpton address the National convention onstage is morally bankrupt, vote sucking bunch of manipulators.

rraley

Pete, it is very discouraging to see that you are so partisan that you would label one party as the party of bigots and morally bankrupt. Nothing will ever change in this polarized nation as long as so many are like you on both sides.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Bigotry? Keep spining that lie, buddy.
Just like the lie that Kerry ran right down to the recruiters and said sign me up.

Pete

Repete
Pete, it is very discouraging to see that you are so partisan that you would label one party as the party of bigots and morally bankrupt. Nothing will ever change in this polarized nation as long as so many are like you on both sides.
And you as well........you oooze hypocrisy with the rest of them you are just more elloquent.

rraley

And you as well........you oooze hypocrisy with the rest of them you are just more elloquent.

What because I like the ability of John Kerry to be a decorated Navy veteran and, at the same time, I like Bill Clinton? That makes me a hypocrite?

rraley

Originally posted by Ken King
Just like the lie that Kerry ran right down to the recruiters and said sign me up.

You said earlier that Kerry applied for an education deferrment? I haven't heard much about? Where did you get your information? (don't take this like I don't believe you; I'm just curious).

Toxick

Splat
What because I like the ability of John Kerry to be a decorated Navy veteran and, at the same time, I like Bill Clinton? That makes me a hypocrite?

No. It's because you like, admire and tout Bill Clinton - an admitted Draft-Dodger - and out of the same side of your face, you decry Bush because he was in the National Guard, which you define as a form of cowardice and/or draft-dodging.

Although, I'm not sure why serving in the National Guard is a non-honorable way to serve your country, and I'm wondering how the NG folks feel about being thought of thus.

Pete

Repete
Not at all, because you continue to try and get a fire lit over Bush being a guardsman and not going to Vietnam yet you get a chubby over Clinton who admitted he got a student deferment (which Kerry tried too but didn't get it, yes KK is correct) to avoid Vietnam and thats OK.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
You said earlier that Kerry applied for an education deferrment? I haven't heard much about? Where did you get your information? (don't take this like I don't believe you; I'm just curious).
It was from an old article about Kerry during his first run for Congress, "John Kerry: A Navy Dove Runs for Congress", published on February 18, 1970, The Harvard Crimson reported: "When he approached his draft board for permission to study for a year in Paris, the draft board refused and Kerry decided to enlist in the Navy." Kerry has never refuted this detail but has also not been forthcoming when discussing this portion of his past.

D

Dixie

Oh Pete, are you just trying to rile me?
It's Republicans vice rebublicans and coincidence vice coincedence.
Meet me after work for a spelling bee!

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by Dixie
Oh Pete, are you just trying to rile me?
It's Republicans vice rebublicans and coincidence vice coincedence.
Meet me after work for a spelling bee!
Dems? :confused: