Three Notch Road in the area of the Lone Star Restaurant

lunasmydog

I do apologize, I'm not trying to start anymore arguements. Alot of the things Dan had posted really hurt our family. How can you say all those things and not have a clue to really what was going on. He wasn't there. Thank you all for all the prayers and support. We greatly appreciate it!

K

Kain99

lunasmydog said:
I do apologize, I'm not trying to start anymore arguements. Alot of the things Dan had posted really hurt our family. How can you say all those things and not have a clue to really what was going on. He wasn't there. Thank you all for all the prayers and support. We greatly appreciate it!
Well, Dan has been trained and he understands how dangerous it can be to move a vicitim. In this case, they kept the baby in the seat. Thank God. Otherwise you would have been singing a different tune. Everyone involved in this thread had good intentions. No bad guys here.

lunasmydog

does Dan have EMT training? What kind of training does Dan have? Not that we are ungrateful for our volunteers, but we are questioning Dan's credentials in this case. As far as we know Dan is an expert at listening to his scanners! As we posted before, we agree that you should not move a MVA. We as well have years of medical training. But, we are not the ones who were at the accident to see what the scene was like. If we were at the scene we would've tried to help whomever needed help. Like I said before I'm not trying to start anymore arguements, we were very upset that someone who stated that he had inside info was so totally wrong, but still insisted on posting his incorrect information for all to see. Including OUR FAMILY!!!

M

missperky

Thanks for the update, glad things are looking better. I will continue saying a prayer. :huggy:

lunasmydog

Kain99 said:
Well, Dan has been trained and he understands how dangerous it can be to move a vicitim. In this case, they kept the baby in the seat. Thank God. Otherwise you would have been singing a different tune. Everyone involved in this thread had good intentions. No bad guys here.
As family members, no, we would not have been singing in a different tune. We would still have been whole heartedly grateful to all those that tried to save our loved ones! We are not saying that there are bad guys in the forum. And we are not saying that there are not instances where you do not move a MVA. As we understand it no one moved Serena who was the most injured in this tragedy.

Love all, trust few, harm none

lunasmydog

Thanks to all who have prayer circles going and to all who have said a prayer for our family. Please continue your prayers, they are still greatly needed.

love all, trust few, harm none

K

Kain99

lunasmydog said:
does Dan have EMT training? What kind of training does Dan have? Not that we are ungrateful for our volunteers, but we are questioning Dan's credentials in this case. As far as we know Dan is an expert at listening to his scanners! As we posted before, we agree that you should not move a MVA. We as well have years of medical training. But, we are not the ones who were at the accident to see what the scene was like. If we were at the scene we would've tried to help whomever needed help. Like I said before I'm not trying to start anymore arguements, we were very upset that someone who stated that he had inside info was so totally wrong, but still insisted on posting his incorrect information for all to see. Including OUR FAMILY!!!
I read pretty much everything Dan said. I trust he has training. Years of medical training do not equate to emergency field medicine. Trust me, I worked with many doctors in the field who were blown away. Rushing to help is not always a good thing. Yes, you love humanity and have good intentions but, good intentions normally kill. I kept quiet through most of this. It's way ridiculous at this point.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
lunasmydog said:

Honestly, I don't think he meant anything bad...he was only posting what he heard on a scanner...I'm sure he's feeling pretty bad right now, he's a human being too.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
lunasmydog said:
Thanks to all who have prayer circles going and to all who have said a prayer for our family. Please continue your prayers, they are still greatly needed.

love all, trust few, harm none

Prayers all around have always been the central theme of of this forum. :huggy:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Hurricanedan said:
Just to let u know. When the CHief got on the scene of that MVA PI. He said one subject is Priority 4. Which means DEATH. And thats what it also said on the Bay District VOlunteer Fire Department website. Then they changed it. Saying the person did survive when they started CPR.

This is interesting. You said you were on the scene that day, that you were called out for reconstruction. Now basically what you are saying is what you heard on the scanner and read on Bay District's Website. You also said you were being sent information. You should get your stories straight, especially when you're talking about people's lives. :cussing:

Hurricanedan

Bay_Kat said:
This is interesting. You said you were on the scene that day, that you were called out for reconstruction. Now basically what you are saying is what you heard on the scanner and read on Bay District's Website. You also said you were being sent information. You should get your stories straight, especially when you're talking about people's lives. :cussing:

I do NOT have scanners. I have portable radios, that i can talk on. I was talking to the Chief on my radio. And he was giving me updates. He told me that there was a Priority 4. Thats also what the Bay District Firehouse reported. So thats what i went by. I did not have any way to find out what happened to the subjects really after that.

I have a lot of training in many things such as: EMT-B, EMT-P (Paramedic). IVT. Hazardous Conditions, and others. Also as a weather Spotter. I was called out there to look through the scene to get more clues to what happened and how the accident could of happened. That day was very hectic for the Chief, Fire Members, Paramedics, EMTs. A lot of what was being said to me was a bit wrong. But i was just reporting it, as it was going on.

If anybody has a question to ask me about it, or want to talk to me, send me a personal Message.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Hurricanedan said:
Attention everybody, to let you all know, during the evening time, one of the injured that was flown out, has died. They have confirmed. I cannot tell anybody of who it was though. It will possibly go to the news.
Dan, please explain this one. 20 hours after the crash and you were spreading untrue information.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
MMDad said:
Dan, please explain this one. 20 hours after the crash and you were spreading untrue information.

I wonder what he has to say about the bridge jumper.

twierckz

Hi, I just wanted to thank everyone who has been praying for serena and sending gift baskets and cards to her and her husband, I have been making sure that they get them all! Oh and for whoever bought her the gift basket with the lotions and soothing cd's and things, she looooves it soo much. She said she remembered me rubbing it on her feet when she was in the other hospital and it smelt sooo good:) Thank you so much. She is awake and talking and I feel as if I have my friend back! She is doing really good! She starts physical therapy today so she is moving along wonderfully!
God Bless!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Hurricanedan said:
I do NOT have scanners. I have portable radios, that i can talk on. I was talking to the Chief on my radio. And he was giving me updates. He told me that there was a Priority 4. Thats also what the Bay District Firehouse reported. So thats what i went by. I did not have any way to find out what happened to the subjects really after that.

I have a lot of training in many things such as: EMT-B, EMT-P (Paramedic). IVT. Hazardous Conditions, and others. Also as a weather Spotter. I was called out there to look through the scene to get more clues to what happened and how the accident could of happened. That day was very hectic for the Chief, Fire Members, Paramedics, EMTs. A lot of what was being said to me was a bit wrong. But i was just reporting it, as it was going on.

If anybody has a question to ask me about it, or want to talk to me, send me a personal Message.

Not very professional to report things you hear before knowing without a doubt that the information you are receiving is true. You should not post until you know the absolute facts. As hectic as it was and you knew that some of the info you had could be wrong, you posted anyway. Not right.

JaRome

Mad Medic
Mmmm, I'm thinkin if you really were a medic, EMT, etc, you wouldn't be reporting anything. IMO, that is just irresponsible, not to mention unprofessional. Me thinks you're a load of hot air...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
JaRome said:
Mmmm, I'm thinkin if you really were a medic, EMT, etc, you wouldn't be reporting anything. IMO, that is just irresponsible, not to mention unprofessional. Me thinks you're a load of hot air...

You are absolutely correct. :yay: If he was what he says he is and his supervisors got wind of him posting information whether it is true or false, he would be let go on the spot. It's just not done. :banghead:

giggles79

JaRome said:

:yeahthat: Amen!! You're exactly right ---- we're not supposed to talk to anybody about the calls we're on - except for the crew that you're with at the time. Not right