Tiny houses

nutz

I don't think she's quite ready for a walker or wheelchair. Obviously, when a persons lifestyle changes, so do the dynamics.
Retirement home Is a lifestyle change, isnt it? Preparing for and not needing is often better than the opposite when the finances for moving or major upgrades may not be available.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Also, if your bed is in the loft, how long are you willing to climb that ladder to go to bed?

We put the grandkid in the loft in Austin. It's only about 3' tall, not suitable for an adult's bedroom. They all have a proper bedroom anyway. Not sure what the loft is really for. Maybe storage but that's about it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was trying to find uses for a tiny house loft and people are thinking they want to crawl around their bedroom all the time. :lol: Or crouch around an office space.

I honestly can't think of a practical use for a tiny house loft unless it's tall enough to stand in. What would make more sense is to elevate the bedroom a bit, and then the space underneath could be storage.

Auntie Biache'

I was trying to find uses for a tiny house loft and people are thinking they want to crawl around their bedroom all the time. :lol: Or crouch around an office space.

I honestly can't think of a practical use for a tiny house loft unless it's tall enough to stand in. What would make more sense is to elevate the bedroom a bit, and then the space underneath could be storage.

That certainly makes more sense, but honestly, I've seen a lot of sleeping lofts, and only a few first level sleeping arrangements.

I used to have a fascination and desire for an a-frame in the northeast. In reality, they aren't much different than a tiny house, just not portable. Same considerations for space, the loft, etc...

Auntie Biache'

I used to have a fascination and desire for an a-frame in the northeast. In reality, they aren't much different than a tiny house, just not portable. Same considerations for space, the loft, etc...
When I was single, I had a thing for studio apartments. I had a friend who lived in one in Key West, and it was huge. I used to daydream about how I'd put another level in it and add storage. It was sweet-looked out over Duval Street. In reality, though, if I lived there I would have never gotten any sleep.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That certainly makes more sense, but honestly, I've seen a lot of sleeping lofts, and only a few first level sleeping arrangements.

I don't think I've seen a tiny house that didn't have a proper bedroom. They always deck the loft out like it could be a bedroom, but anyone who's ever been in one knows that's a no go.