tiny kitten with eyes still closed

ICit says it's a girl, what should we name her?

• Fancy

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Belle

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • FancyBelle

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
So I get a call from a local critter lover that I know, she says she has a kitten that needs help. I say we are pretty full so maybe she should try the Humane Society in the morning. She says the kitten needs help now and I see her pulling in my driveway.

The tiny kitten was stuck in an odd place with a light fixture and an old birds nest. The still blind kitten had been trying to nurse and had debris in its nose and mouth. She got most of the debris out prior to bringing the kitten to us. So I immediately put the wrapped kitten down my shirt for warmth, filled a bottle with water to give initially, and headed for Petsmart for milk replacer.

All night I kept this little kitten warm and fed it milk. i stimulated the elimination functions, and it has been peeing so all is well for now. If I've had little ones this small before, I have forgotten. I am not sure how old it is, but with ears flattened and eyes still closed ... maybe 1 week? i will weight it shortly. One eye is trying to open a bit.

Since the kitten came to us yesterday on Baja's birthday, we should name it after him. Hoping it's a boy, but if not, we can create a girl name that is similar? It's even mouthy like Baja - see the video.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
going by the color... im sure its a girl

and Im thinking the kitten is around 2-3 weeks old.

I immediately put the wrapped kitten down my shirt for warmth,
All night long I kept this little kitten warm and fed it milk.

:worthless

db_bra_kitten1.jpg

Cleavage-Kitten.jpg

Cleavage-Kitten-2.jpg

Cleavage-Kitten-3.jpg

Cleavage-Kitten-11.jpg

Last edited:

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
some pictures

Attachments

• 2013-10-03_tinykitten1.jpg
    2013-10-03_tinykitten1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 237
  • 2013-10-03_tinykitten2.jpg
    2013-10-03_tinykitten2.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 2013-10-03_tinykitten3.jpg
    2013-10-03_tinykitten3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 216

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
yep.... 99.9% sure its a girl

and warm wet compresses to the eyes will help clear the yuck and help prevent any more infection

is she eating?

Eating yes, but not much. I didn't want too big of a hole in the nipple so I just just made a small slit so she has to suck for the milk to come out. I don't want her choking you know?

Poor kitten was in a strange place too. I asked the gal to look to see if she can find any more kittens. I am going to set up a trap with a kitten(s) in the back (or Momma will perceive there to be) so we can get her into a trap. Sounds like this is that stray cats 2nd litter this year, and no one can seem to catch her. This is so ridiculous for her to be producing litter after litter - she has to be caught. I may need to borrow a heavy duty net from someone to catch her if can't trick her into a trap.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
:lol: A male calico could fund your operation for a year

well we can always call her Mickey?

Someone asked if we had an orange tabby male kitten, we don't, but those are pretty plentiful I thought? It's the orange females that are rare.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
isn't anyone voting on a name?

I watched her fall asleep with the nipple in her mouth, so I pull the bottle back and she holds on to the nipple and wakes up. Hello, are you eating or sleeping?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
just like most babies, she prefers to be held all the time .... wonder if she will be the cuddle type when she grows up?

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I've noticed that kittens who get a lot of human contact grow up to be cats that enjoy human contact and vice versa. Our kitteh was wild when we got her and it took her years to want to be cuddled. She still only likes it when its her idea.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I've noticed that kittens who get a lot of human contact grow up to be cats that enjoy human contact and vice versa. Our kitteh was wild when we got her and it took her years to want to be cuddled. She still only likes it when its her idea.

I was flashing back to young motherhood days and every time she squawked last night I woke up.

i am concerned because overall she has only consumed about 10 to 15 ml of formula since last night. Maybe I should be more aggressive about making her drink? I'm fearful of her getting fluid in her lungs.