To tell or not to tell, that is the question

beerlover

...that mean? You're OK with a society that looks out for you when you may be wronged, but covers for you when you do wrong?

Well, if I ever do anything wrong I'm depending on all the people here to not dime me out.

No - Walter is obviously a douche. I just wouldn't tell on him. Besides, when he's out with his friend it gives me and Gertrude a little "alone time".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Women love to tell a bad secret to other women, and the more hurtful the better. Women seem to delight in the misfortune and misery of their own kind.

Cheating men and predatory women say that, but it doesn't make it true. You're either part of the sisterhood or you're not. If you "mind your business" while your friend gets hurt, you're not a sister. And you're not a very good friend, either.

If I were Gertrude, I hope I would have a friend who cared enough about me to tell me instead of just gossip behind my back. The women who delight in misfortune and misery, and like to engage in hurtful behavior, are the ones who would tell everyone in the world that she saw her friend's husband cheating on her - and wouldn't have the moral character to tell the friend herself.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So...

Well, if I ever do anything wrong I'm depending on all the people here to not dime me out.

No - Walter is obviously a douche. I just wouldn't tell on him. Besides, when he's out with his friend it gives me and Gertrude a little "alone time".

...we'll put you down as a conscientious objector due to practical considerations?

beerlover

Cheating men and predatory women say that, but it doesn't make it true. You're either part of the sisterhood or you're not. If you "mind your business" while your friend gets hurt, you're not a sister. And you're not a very good friend, either.

If I were Gertrude, I hope I would have a friend who cared enough about me to tell me instead of just gossip behind my back. The women who delight in misfortune and misery, and like to engage in hurtful behavior, are the ones who would tell everyone in the world that she saw her friend's husband cheating on her - and wouldn't have the moral character to tell the friend herself.

You're right about that - the nasty, catty women would MUCH prefer to gossip behind her back.

Would it be better for the friend to tell Gertrude or for the friend to tell the husband to tell her? Would you rather hear it from a friend, or from the perpetrator (even if he is telling you under duress)?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Where is...

You're right about that - the nasty, catty women would MUCH prefer to gossip behind her back.

Would it be better for the friend to tell Gertrude or for the friend to tell the husband to tell her? Would you rather hear it from a friend, or from the perpetrator (even if he is telling you under duress)?

...the difference? If one of Vrail's friends told me to fess up or else, in the context of me coming clean I would think I'd say 'so and so caught me and preferred me taking responsibility over them telling you."

If I won't do it, then the friend gets to choose 'hurting' my feelings or Vrails.

Either way, the cheating gets addressed, the victim is no longer the only one who doesn't know, a friendship is reinforced and a marriage gets to go through the process of moving forward or moving on. It's that vs. on going betrayal, people looking the other way and so forth. Ignore the symptoms or start healing.

Bottom line, cheating is cheating and no one should have to live in the dark and insecure world of just not knowing, whether it takes a male becoming a man or a friend being a friend.