Tony Stewart runs over another racer...

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You can't compare what happened on the racetrack to Ferguson;

indeed you can ...
... both persons made life altering choices ....

guy choose to run at Stewert's car has he drove by .... Brown, made his choices as well

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
...high speed, high testosterone, high competition, high ego, high attitude, hi aggression, high thrill junky, high, high, high...

see it in online gaming as well .... team killing another player, just because they do not like the way that person played

Larry Gude

Strung Out
see it in online gaming as well .... team killing another player, just because they do not like the way that person played

Need a little help, here. Someone sitting at home with a virtual, which is to say non, life, translates to people who live their life not on a sofa but in the garage, on the road, at the track...how????

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
Why do you align with high aggression? Isn't that why Ward is dead? I find that your aggression is gauged by what the subject is, or, the fact, that you are the bored board mommy. :confused:

Do you really speak the way you punctuate? :popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I prefer to think running out in traffic is Darwinism.

People been 'running out in traffic' since the dawn of man. And not getting run over. We do stupid stuff ALL the time and get away with it. The thrill. Maybe we had good reason to be 'in traffic'. Maybe it was by accident or coincidence. The point is that people who race didn't learn playing in traffic was dangerous. They learned it was fun as all get out.

CrashTest

They'll be no trial.

You're probably right, but Larry said running out in the track is from ...high speed, high testosterone, high competition, high ego, high attitude, hi aggression, high thrill junky, high, high, high...

and you said it's Darwinism. Getting mixed signals from folks who know a lot about racing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You're probably right, but Larry said running out in the track is from ...high speed, high testosterone, high competition, high ego, high attitude, hi aggression, high thrill junky, high, high, high...

and you said it's Darwinism. Getting mixed signals from folks who know a lot about racing.

Why can't it be both? I don't see why not. Hotheaded kid runs out in the middle of a race track..gets himself run over. Nothing in that sequence of events that runs counter to Darwin's theories.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America

I agree with Gilligan.... it's both. I like the old vantage: "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old, bold pilots."

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I agree with Gilligan.... it's both. I like the old vantage: "There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old, bold pilots."

Ever hear of Chuck Yeager? He was bold and now is certainly old. :buddies:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Well, other than Chuck...

Well, how about Sully Sullenberger? He wasn't a spring-chicken when he boldly belly-flopped into the Hudson.

Also, as getting back on topic, I suspect there will be a trial for Tony. A civil suit claiming wrongful death brought by the parents of the young hot-head.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A civil suit claiming wrongful death brought by the parents of the young hot-head.

I feel like punching Ward Sr. He encouraged his son in a dangerous sport, now he wants to bawl and point fingers when something happens. If the kid was as unreasonable as his dad, no wonder he's dead.