Tony Stewart runs over another racer...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Read that, folks. Please.

:buddies:

Maybe he never will. I wouldn't want to guess what my response would be, as a father, either.

And...haters will do what haters always do. There will always be drivers that fans hate. Always has been. A strikingly large portion of our population cannot separate sport from real life. But ya know what?..its even worse in other countries, where people get killed for how badly they missed hitting, or blocking, a stupid black and white kick ball.

Carry on.

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
Since Ward intentionally turned toward Stewart, would it have mattered? Ward probably would have just walked even lower to confront him.

Maybe someone should ask Ward's dad why he didn't teach him to look both ways before crossing the street, or to only cross in crosswalks, or to stay out of traffic because it will kill you.

Well, there's that.

Bann

PREMO Member
You're missing the point. As a driver passing a crash, you have to ready for anything. Suppose Ward is not confronting Stewart. Suppose Ward is laying injured in the track. Passing drivers have to be ready. Someone like Steward would have learned that early in his career.

No doubt in my mind that Stewart attempted to buzz that guy and it went wrong. Just look how much higher he is on the track versus the other cars that passed.

You are the (type of) person the writer of the article is referring to. Your hatred/bias (of Tony Stewart) is showing. You'll pretzel twist your ideas into a million ways to try and make your argument stick. :ohwell:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!

If you are confused it really is not my problem. We already know you live and breathe this chit because you have no life, woman or really any chance of morphing into one of these famous people who you probably sleep with limited cards with their stats on the back.

They had to red flag Jimmy cuz even though he was a great actor and WWII pilot, he had no business driving that Sprint buggy. :lol:

And drivers get black flagged while races get red flagged. You had it backwards. This is what happens when people who no nothing about racing give their 2 cents, they get it all wrong. :biggrin:

Yo, Mr. know it all there was a race car driver named Jimmy Stewart, yes he is dead and yeas his brother Jackie Stewart more widely known in the US, other than Britain where they are both from. You are already so good at being such an azz, do you think that calling a woman who remembered an incident that actually happened but just happened to cross two things as having no clue about racing. Not only can I give my two cents about whatever the flip I choose. It does not change that that azzhole still got out his car when he shouldn't have and yanked the fender away from his tire and ended up getting in trouble. I guess you must be one of those smug type people that think women should be seen and not heard and unless we are 100% correct then we should just get back in the kitchen and grab you another beer and make you some mare nachos.

:roflmao:

And it Sterling Marlin, "Jimmy Stewart" or Tony Stewart or whoever she's trying to think of. LOL.
Link 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Stewart_(racing_driver)
Link 2 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackie_Stewart

Oh and just for fun a smile for the road.:buttkick:

Other than that you can bicker back and forth, compare race cards, types of headsets you wear, and brag about who has wasted more money on clothing to celebrate and honor your man of choice. Other than that peace out and kiss my grits and remember that there are those of us that do not live our lives for the next race.

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
They had to red flag Jimmy cuz even though he was a great actor and WWII pilot, he had no business driving that Sprint buggy. :lol:

And drivers get black flagged while races get red flagged. You had it backwards. This is what happens when people who no nothing about racing give their 2 cents, they get it all wrong. :biggrin:

:roflmao:

And it Sterling Marlin, "Jimmy Stewart" or Tony Stewart or whoever she's trying to think of. LOL.

If you are confused it really is not my problem. We already know you live and breathe this chit because you have no life, woman or really any chance of morphing into one of these famous people who you probably sleep with limited cards with their stats on the back.

Yo, Mr. know it all there was a race car driver named Jimmy Stewart, yes he is dead and yeas his brother Jackie Stewart more widely known in the US, other than Britain where they are both from. You are already so good at being such an azz, do you think that calling a woman who remembered an incident that actually happened but just happened to cross two things as having no clue about racing. Not only can I give my two cents about whatever the flip I choose. It does not change that that azzhole still got out his car when he shouldn't have and yanked the fender away from his tire and ended up getting in trouble. I guess you must be one of those smug type people that think women should be seen and not heard and unless we are 100% correct then we should just get back in the kitchen and grab you another beer and make you some mare nachos.

Link 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Stewart_(racing_driver)

Oh and just for fun a smile for the road.:buttkick:

Other than that you can bicker back and forth, compare race cards, types of headsets you wear, and brag about who has wasted more money on clothing to celebrate and honor your man of choice. Other than that peace out and kiss my grits and remember that there are those of us that do not live our lives for the next race.
I'd say you both got bitch slapped.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

Good for me. :bigwhoop:

Link 1 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_S...racing_driver)

Oh and just for fun a smile for the road.

Oh, good, you found a Jimmy Stewart who made ONE F1 start... back in 1953. :killingme

The race you were talking was the 2002 Daytona 500. The driver was Sterling Marlin. And he got out of the car one time, not twice. :lol:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wow.

“The man hasn’t slept for days, this has rocked his world harder than anything he has ever had to deal with. He told me he could never effectively get back in a race car and drive. He can barely bring himself to drive his Ford Taurus to the supermarket and back without cringing. I expect an announcement in the next few days, he is just working on what he is going to say to the fans and most importantly the father of the victim, Kevin Ward, Sr.,” Waltrip told NASCAR reporter Nicole Briscoe via telephone interview last night.

http://empirenews.net/nascar-tony-stewart-to-announce-retirement-from-auto-racing-after-accident-that-kills-competing-driver/#.U-0bQEZgKwo.facebook

mamatutu

mama to two
I am not a race fan, nor know much about it. I know this is disappointing to big race fans that Stewart is retiring. I, also, know there are varied opinions about the incident that killed Ward. The one thing I have always thought is how dangerous a sport racing is, and drivers know the risk. I cannot understand why a driver would get out of his car and walk directly into race traffic; maybe, he was disorientated and wasn't thinking clearly. If not that, then if Ward was just mad, he should have addressed it after the race was over. Very sad story, indeed.

Last edited:

CRHS89

Ive heard that Empirenews is not a reputable site. I haven't seen this info from anywhere else. Not saying it isn't true, just that I would wait before believing it yet.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I want to make sure I understand this before I comment:

In the middle of a race a driver spins out (or did he pull over? I can't find a complete account anywhere), gets out of his car, starts walking across the track (while cars are still racing and in motion), gets hit by one of those cars....and that makes the driver who hit him a murderer??? And he may face criminal charges?

If that is the case, that is the most ####ing asinine thing I've ever heard in my life and they should just ban racing altogether. Clearly it's dangerous and what's to prevent some other driver from leaping from his car into the path of oncoming racers? I mean, is that normal - drivers jumping out of their car in the middle of a race? Why is that allowed? Do the racing people not realize it's dangerous to jump in front of oncoming cars?

Seriously, help me here because I cannot for the life of me understand how someone jumping out in front of a bunch of fast moving cars makes the guy who hit him a murderer.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Ive heard that Empirenews is not a reputable site. I haven't seen this info from anywhere else. Not saying it isn't true, just that I would wait before believing it yet.

A quick check shows that, so far, all google hits about it are pointing back or referring to that one story/source. To go so far as to fabricate Waltrip quotes out of thin air though?...yeah, that would be a pretty low form of journalism.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PS, Kevin Ward's father needs to be put down. Was the kid a hot head imbecile like that, and that's why he jumped out of his car?

Seriously, help me here because I cannot for the life of me understand how someone jumping out in front of a bunch of fast moving cars makes the guy who hit him a murderer.

'They' are saying it's because Tony is the guy who spun Ward out and Ward was pissed and walking, pointing and hollering at Tony's car as it approached and because Tony was the best driver on the track that day he should have been able to avoid Ward so it must be obvious that if he hit him he did so on purpose.

I know.... you don't have to say it...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ward was pissed and walking, pointing and hollering at Tony's car as it approached

Is that normal, to jump out of your car and start a bar fight in the middle of a race? That's a real question because I don't follow racing. I know the names but nothing really about the drivers. Why isn't there a rule against pedestrians on the track during a race? You'd think they wouldn't allow that sort of thing.

Is that normal, to jump out of your car and start a bar fight in the middle of a race? That's a real question because I don't follow racing. I know the names but nothing really about the drivers. Why isn't there a rule against pedestrians on the track during a race? You'd think they wouldn't allow that sort of thing.
Personally I'm of the mindset that Ward's estate should compensate Tony for mental anguish and destroying his ability to continue in his career...:shrug:

Last edited: