Trump Trial

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Georgia Appeals Court Sets Fani Willis Disqualification Hearing for October

The Georgia Court of Appeals has set a hearing in October for former President Donald Trump’s appeal of a Fulton County judge’s decision not to disqualify prosecutor Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis.

The defendants were notified to file their brief by June 23, and the district attorney has 20 days after that to file a reply brief. Oral arguments are scheduled for Oct. 4 before a three-judge panel.

President Trump and eight co-defendants had appealed Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee’s ruling that Ms. Willis would not be disqualified so long as Nathan Wade, the special attorney she contracted to lead the case, stepped down.

The state appeals court agreed on May 9 to review the decision and now possesses all materials related to the disqualification motion, including those from a sealed hearing.
Ms. Willis is prosecuting a racketeering case against the former president and 14 others, alleging that their challenge of the 2020 election results amounted to a criminal conspiracy.

The motion for disqualification had been filed in early January by defendant Michael Roman. He alleged an affair between Ms. Willis and Mr. Wade and misuse of funds that set off several investigations of the district attorney’s office.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Fani Willis DISQUALIFICATION Saga! She's Finished & Georgia RICO Case DESTROYED!​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Liberals SEETHE Over Court Giving Trump MASSIVE Election WIN In Fani Willis DISQUALIFICATION Trial!​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Loren Merchan Silent As Her Clients Raise Millions From Trump Conviction Her Dad Oversaw

Clients of New York Judge Juan Merchan’s daughter, Loren Merchan, and the progressive consulting firm she manages are raking in cash off of the conviction of former President Donald Trump in a New York City show trial her father oversaw. Loren Merchan’s firm, Authentic Campaigns, did not respond to The Federalist’s questions about the obvious conflict of interest her position poses.

After a jury pulled from a pool of Biden voters found Trump guilty of 34 counts of bookkeeping fraud, Democrat California Rep. Adam Schiff, a client of Authentic Campaigns, immediately began fundraising off of the verdict.

Democrat California Rep. Adam Schiff, a client of Authentic Campaigns, spent the days after a jury pulled from a pool of Biden voters found Trump guilty of 34 counts of bookkeeping fraud, fundraising off of the verdict. Schiff, listed as Authentic Campaigns’ highest-paying client, has made 32 payments totaling nearly $5 million to the firm in the 2024 election cycle, according to Open Secrets.

In a campaign fundraising email obtained by The Federalist, Schiff’s campaign urged its supporters to rush donations: “Rush $10 to my campaign before our May fundraising deadline at midnight tonight to help defeat Trump and defend the rule of law.”

Screenshot-2024-06-03-at-10.59.07-AM-1024x702.png

The Federalist submitted multiple requests for comment to the firm but received no response regarding the conflict of interest created by Judge Merchan’s daughter’s firm raising millions from a case he presided over.

Since last April, Schiff has raised $20 million by leveraging Trump’s indictment, according to the New York Post. In a fundraising email, he stated, “Trump will respond as he always does—playing the victim and blaming others for having the temerity to investigate him in the first place.” He followed by saying, “Rush $10 to my campaign right now to help us prepare for Trump’s inevitable attacks.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Trump Guilty Verdict: “There are some serious constitutional problems with this case”

They were right.

I know nothing about Rubenfeld, but he doesn’t come across as partisan on either side. And a lot of his arguments are consistent with the arguments we made in our Telegraph Op-Ed (though he makes them better, but in fairness, we were under a 650 word limit).

I don’t have a transcript of his video, but here’s a handy guide from his YouTube posting:

The Trump hush-money criminal trial verdict is in—and it’s guilty. What does it mean? And what’s next? In the debut episode of my new show—Straight Down the Middle—I will walk you through it all. As a professor of law, one-time federal prosecutor, and constitutional law scholar, I have over three decades of experience with complex constitutional issues and I want to share everything I know with you and how it applies to the issues we see in the real world. In this episode, I walk through The Basics of the Trump verdict, The Constitutional Issues facing the conviction, and the Next Steps.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Conservative legal watchdog sues DOJ for records related to key figure in NY v Trump case

America First Legal (AFL) alleged in the lawsuit filed Monday that New York County District Attorney Alvin Bragg – the lead official in Trump's prosecution – hired Matthew Colangelo in December 2022 to reportedly "jump-start" his office’s investigation of Trump, reportedly due to Mr. Colangelo’s "history of taking on Donald J. Trump and his family business."

The lawsuit states Colangelo previously held senior positions at the DOJ and the New York Attorney General's Office, "both of which had competing investigations" related to Trump. Colangelo left his high-ranking DOJ post to join Bragg's investigation of Trump months before the indictment of the former president.

"It is not every day that the number three ranking DOJ official — the Acting Associate Attorney General — leaves his post to join a district attorney’s office. Yet, that is exactly what Mr. Colangelo did," AFL said in a news release. "This calculated move reeks of partisanship."

AFL Executive Director Gene Hamilton told Fox News Digital in an interview Tuesday that they had filed a FOIA request in 2023 to obtain Colangelo’s calendars and records discussing Trump to understand his transition from the DOJ to the Manhattan district attorney's office.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Fani Willis Office is a RACHET Mess! Unbelievable Police & Prosecutor Corruption​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Fani Willis ROASTED As CNN Panel ADMITS RICO Trial MAY NEVER HAPPEN After Court Pauses INDEFINITY!​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'For The Streets' Fani Willis Gets SCORCHED by the Left After Trump Case INDEFINITELY On Hold​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

BREAKING! Juror in Trump Trial May Have Broken Confidentiality & Cause A Mistrial​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member