Tubal ligation & side effects

F

Fat Momma

crabcake said:
I have my tubal next week and I'm curious to hear from those who have had one (which means NO men should post in this thread ... unless they're hermaphrodites :lol:) ... specifically, I'm curious about things lie hormone changes, etc. Any other issues/side-effects post-procedure are welcome also.

Not only am I interested in hearing from those who've had it done in the last couple years, but those ladies who've had it done several years ago and are maybe entering a different "phase" of life. Any impact? :shrug:

I'm pretty dead-set on getting it done but want a real-life, first-hand idea of what to expect afterwards aside from recovery.

TIA! :cheers:

I did it and regret it very very much. For so many reasons. At the time I thought my husband and I were going to be together forever. Did not turn out that way.

There are times I wish I could have the option of having more. At least I would have the option.

beamher

crabcake said:
Thanks to everyone for their input. I know this is something I've been wanting to do ... I just can't see me "starting over" with a newborn at this point with DQ turning 9 this summer. :nono: So I appreciate all the experiences and info.

Just curious ... has anyone waited a period of time after having their kid/s to have one? In other words, not in conjunction with delivery?

i'v been considering this for about six months, i have a 10 & 16 year old; i was initially planning to have another child but not anymore

thanks for starting the thread

Last edited:

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
kwillia said:
Thru the bellybotton 11 years ago... desolving stitch. No affect on horomones because your ovaries are still functional. The procedure affects the fallopian tubes not the ovaries. The worst part was the anethesia and it's after affects.

Cute story. A lady I worked with gifted herself with tubal ligation for her 40th birthday. She went to her doc at the age of 42 with "female troubles" and was thinking early menopause. Instead she ended up hearing she was pregnant... oopsie... she gave birth to a baby girl just before her 43rd birthday. :faint:
I know a couple that had both been fixed and still had a baby.

MysticalMom

Witchy Woman
I had my tubal Dec. 2005. Dr. Windham did mine. As far as surgeries go it was a piece of cake. I didn't have any gas problems from the air and very little pain.(Of course that was probably due to the percocet.:lol:) I was Christmas shopping 2 days later.

My cramps are worse than they were before the tubal, yes, but it's more than worth the trade off of not having to worry about birth control or babies. :yay:

SoMDGirl42

Wenchy said:
Nothing. You didn't have any earlier in life.

If I got preggers now, I would ask my daughter if she wanted to adopt it.
My daughter and I were both pregnant at the same time, hers is 6 months older than mine! How's that?

And, I'm 40 with a toddler, and loving every minute!

I wouldn't have the tubal done because of the cramping issue. I heard the cramps are alot worse afterwards, and I also have fibroids.

SoMDGirl42 said:
My daughter and I were both pregnant at the same time, hers is 6 months older than mine! How's that?

And, I'm 40 with a toddler, and loving every minute!

I wouldn't have the tubal done because of the cramping issue. I heard the cramps are alot worse afterwards, and I also have fibroids.
Wow... your child is the aunt/uncle of your grandchild and is younger... Does Halmark make a card for that...:confused:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kwillia said:
Wow... your child is the aunt/uncle of your grandchild and is younger... Does Halmark make a card for that...:confused:
My mom and her twin sister are the youngest of 9. She has a niece that's six months younger than she is, and many nieces and nephews that are only a few years younger. :lol:

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
kwillia said:
Baby Bubba's nephew is just six months younger than he is. :lol: They look so cute playing together. :baby:

And I have a niece that is just 11 months younger than I am.

BadGirl said:
Baby Bubba's nephew is just six months younger than he is. :lol: They look so cute playing together. :baby:

And I have a niece that is just 11 months younger than I am.
Yeah, but she still has ya'll beat... her grandchild's aunt/uncle is actually younger than him/her...:lol:

SoMDGirl42

kwillia said:
I don't think Halmark cares what the age is of the giver of the card.

I've never bought a card that said Happy Birthday to my Niece, from your Aunt who is ??? years old.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
Is that the sound of Eddie opening the card from Ruby that says "Dear Eddie, I am going to eat all your food, and I am :gossip: years old"?
:lol: Poor mixed-up thing. She's his sister, but he's tried on several occasions to make her his lover, too! :jet:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
Me and my stepmom were pregnant at the same time. My sister is 6 months older than my daughter. :lol:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Getting clamped this morning. And FYI when they say eat NOTHING for 8 hours, they mean it. I had just a small swig of coffee at 4:30 this a.m. (surgery scheduled for 7:30)because I get headaches w/o my coffee, and because of those two tablespoons of coffee, I'm delayed to 10 am. :whack: :frown:

M

missperky

crabcake said:
Getting clamped this morning. And FYI when they say eat NOTHING for 8 hours, they mean it. I had just a small swig of coffee at 4:30 this a.m. (surgery scheduled for 7:30)because I get headaches w/o my coffee, and because of those two tablespoons of coffee, I'm delayed to 10 am. :whack: :frown:

Good luck!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Thanks much, MP! All went well, though I was one loopy biznitch from the drugs they gave me post-op! :crazy: No gassy feeling, one incision vs. two, and the doc said my goods look great while he was in there poking around. That's good to know. :lol: