Tubal ligation & side effects

H

HouseCat

I have my tubal next week and I'm curious to hear from those who have had one (which means NO men should post in this thread ... unless they're hermaphrodites :lol:) ... specifically, I'm curious about things lie hormone changes, etc. Any other issues/side-effects post-procedure are welcome also.

Not only am I interested in hearing from those who've had it done in the last couple years, but those ladies who've had it done several years ago and are maybe entering a different "phase" of life. Any impact? :shrug:

I'm pretty dead-set on getting it done but want a real-life, first-hand idea of what to expect afterwards aside from recovery.

TIA! :cheers:
I had mine done in 2000. I wish I'd NEVER done it. Peroids have been horribly heavier, and my hormone levels have dwindled considerably. I have been going through some wierd stuff hormone wise the last two yrs, and I shouldn't be. No where NEAR menopause, but I would get the night sweats, moodiness, and noticed more facial hair growing. I said WTF?!! I'm no where near 40 yet.
I did buy some Estroven and I take one of those every night for a year now. The pre-menopausal symptoms are gone, and my periods have gotten lighter. So, I'm ok now.

Haven't noticed any weight gain attributed to the tubal...only my junk-food junkie eating habits.

nicole_M

I am in my 20's and I truly believe I have hot flashes already. Also night sweats. I have 3 kids and had a tubal with the twins 3 years ago.

No weight gain - I do PMS... My periods did not change at all.

J

jaybeeztoo

35 when I had it done. The gas they filled you with was very uncomfortable for the longest time. The incisions were nothing.

Now the PMS is something I have never experienced. I get cramps and my period lasts a lot longer than when on the pill.

Now, almost three years later, I am getting hot flashes and think the change is about the happen. I don't regret my decision, but the aftermath has been, well, an aftermath. It's been very strange.

My boobs hurt when I PMS, which they never did before. I get crampy, which I never did before. My period last long, which it never did before.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Why did I read this. Now I am shaking in my knees!!! Getting my done after I pop this one out!!

Sorry. :huggy:

You'll be fine. Everyone reacts differently when they had the tubal tied. After reading all this and talking to several of my friends who had it done, I decided not to have my tubes tied. I'm going to have my husband get his vaseomdy (spelling?) done. He is very willing to do it. :yay:

sockgirl77

Did you call the doc and ask why it has yet to heal?

She said that it's okay. "Diabetics take longer to heal". She checked it out and just told me to keep it clean. That was about a month ago maybe. I'm scheduled to get a series of hormone tests next month so we'll see if it's normal by then.

Jameo

What?!
She said that it's okay. "Diabetics take longer to heal". She checked it out and just told me to keep it clean. That was about a month ago maybe. I'm scheduled to get a series of hormone tests next month so we'll see if it's normal by then.

:yahoo:

I mean

:huggy:

:lmao:

sockgirl77

You got that right. Do you realize that up until this year, I had been pregnant every year since 2003? :jet:

Now, you should really go out with me and :buddies: one night. Let's celebrate that fact that neither of us ever wanna see a baby coming out of us. :lmao:

vbailey

vbailey
I had it done over 12yrs ago, Iam 48yrs old now and I have had no problems. Iam glad I had it done, no regrets!!! I was told no more children after my son was born (too old and other problems ) . It has been a good choice for me.

Jameo

What?!
You got that right. Do you realize that up until this year, I had been pregnant every year since 2003? :jet:

Now, you should really go out with me and :buddies: one night. Let's celebrate that fact that neither of us ever wanna see a baby coming out of us. :lmao:

Isn't that what got you in trouble to begin with?

Sorry I had to :lmao:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses

:yay:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent

I only have been pregnant during:

July 2003 - April 2004
July 2005 - September 2005
June 2006 - February 2007