Tubal ligation & side effects

M

missperky

crabcake said:
Thanks much, MP! All went well, though I was one loopy biznitch from the drugs they gave me post-op! :crazy: No gassy feeling, one incision vs. two, and the doc said my goods look great while he was in there poking around. That's good to know. :lol:

YW! Did you have it done through your belly button?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
missperky said:
YW! Did you have it done through your belly button?

Yes; I'll be curious to see what kind of scar I'm left with ... probably won't be too terribly noticeable given the location. :yay:

I will say this -- my throat hurts (of all things). I'm guessing it has to do with the anesthesia ... I can't think of anything else that would have made it feel raw. :shrug: Other than that, just a little soreness in the girly-parts region. I'm off the rest of the week though so I'm not in any rush to be 100% today or anything.

M

missperky

crabcake said:
Yes; I'll be curious to see what kind of scar I'm left with ... probably won't be too terribly noticeable given the location. :yay:

I will say this -- my throat hurts (of all things). I'm guessing it has to do with the anesthesia ... I can't think of anything else that would have made it feel raw. :shrug: Other than that, just a little soreness in the girly-parts region. I'm off the rest of the week though so I'm not in any rush to be 100% today or anything.

I have no scar at all. Not like anyone will be looking in our belly buttons..:lol: Your throat is sore from the breathing tube.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Awww lookie ...

These just arrived ... I love my boss and coworkers. :smile:

Attachments

• flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 77

CMC122

Go Braves!
crabcake said:

My throat was so bad from the ET tube after my surgery Cablechick thought she had the wrong number when she called me:lmao:It was funny to listen to her stumble over herself as I was pushing the button on my morphine pump!

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
missperky said:
I have no scar at all. Not like anyone will be looking in our belly buttons..:lol: Your throat is sore from the breathing tube.

No scar here..I've had two laparoscopies..can't see a thing. Tiny slices twice in belly botton and on hairline. Wonder how they did your surgery from one incision?

I had horrible problems with my throat. After my last surgery, I had damage to my vocal cords and would have awful coughing spells. Finally had to get some meds that would calm the cords.

M

missperky

cattitude said:
No scar here..I've had two laparoscopies..can't see a thing. Tiny slices twice in belly botton and on hairline. Wonder how they did your surgery from one incision?

I had horrible problems with my throat. After my last surgery, I had damage to my vocal cords and would have awful coughing spells. Finally had to get some meds that would calm the cords.

I know that my dr only went through my belly button, but she said before hand that if there were problems she would make another incision, and she didn't, I don't know how she did it through just one. It's been 4 years and so far so good. :lol:

My throat was a little rough after surgery but that's about it. I know the dr told me I had an asthma attack while under, that's nice.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
:lmao: I know neither is 100% but you'd figure with BOTH being done you'd be at 99.99999999999999999999999%. I'll be that one in a million...... I could probably have a hysterectomy and still find a way to get pregnant.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
I'm going to get this done. I'm just scared to be put under.. Really hard choice to make but Im happy with my boy and girl...

nicole_M

Have anyone gained weight as a side effect from having your tubes tied?

No. I mean I have gained and lost weight but there is no correlation IMO.

The only side affect I have of my tubal is when I ovulate I get a sharp shooting pain... I always know when it's that time. Really weird but I know alot of other women who have the same thing happen.